ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp reminds me of that friend or family member

That struggles with addiction or financial issues. He talks a good game trying to convince you he's learned from his mistakes but at the end of the day he just can't seem to get out of his own way.

Agree... If you listen to him talk he can speak inside and out about what is wrong and why...His problem is he can't fix it

That struggles with addiction or financial issues. He talks a good game trying to convince you he's learned from his mistakes but at the end of the day he just can't seem to get out of his own way.

Here's a good drinking game. Every time BOOM! says "At the end of the day..." take a drink. Yes, he has all the technical jargon down pat. He can tell you anything you want to know about football. It's clear he's an expert. But he doesn't deliver the one and only thing you want from him. At the end of the day fans want some wins. There's some disconnect between him and the fans where he just disregards them as if what they think and want doesn't matter It's the only reason he's here. he really works for the fans, ultimately. He told us when he was hired he could sell ice to Eskimos. He sold Ray, but he's not even trying to sell us.That look on his face during the Pest POW (the punter for crying out loud) segment looks like he was already thinking about his next DC job.

Last edited:
Here's a good drinking game. Every time BOOM! says "At the end of the day..." take a drink. Yes, he has all the technical jargon down pat. He can tell you anything you want to know about football. It's clear he's an expert. But he doesn't deliver the one and only thing you want from him. At the end of the day we want some wins. There's some disconnect between him and the fans where he just disregards us as if what we think and want doesn't matter. It's the only reason he's here. he told us when he was hired he could sell ice to Eskimos. He sold Ray, but he's not even trying to sell us.

Agree..."At The End Of The Day" if you don't win games you get FIRED.....

My description for Muschamp is “All Talk and No Action!” All these slogans of his are meaningless unless they can produce results on the field. He reminds me of the executive or politician who “talks the talk but can’t walk the walk.” Case in point, Barack Obama: The Incompetent Pretender President.

It would basically be charity to fire him. He'd get paid for roughly 4 years of work without having to work. I'd sign up for that.

The addiction analogy is not bad. Listening to his pressers, many times the press seems a bit scared, walking on egg shells with any question they ask that comes close to challenging him. He can't take it and acts out. His use of "it really pisses me off" this week during the media Q/A is at best lazy and juvenile- at worst, it is domineering and censuring. Frankly, the latter possibility is what causes me to doubt his leadership ability as much as anything in year four in our awkward program state.

What do you think these recruits are thinking when he tells them we are an up and coming program and they think well he has been there 4 years and they don't look much improved so when is the up and coming going to start.

What do you think these recruits are thinking when he tells them we are an up and coming program and they think well he has been there 4 years and they don't look much improved so when is the up and coming going to start.
This thread has just scared a lot of recruits off.

My description for Muschamp is “All Talk and No Action!” All these slogans of his are meaningless unless they can produce results on the field. He reminds me of the executive or politician who “talks the talk but can’t walk the walk.” Case in point, Barack Obama: The Incompetent Pretender President.

4aa3c4e7c6c23682dff17fd422749bcd840a822b.jpeg

My description for Muschamp is “All Talk and No Action!” All these slogans of his are meaningless unless they can produce results on the field. He reminds me of the executive or politician who “talks the talk but can’t walk the walk.”
Maybe it's just me, but I've never even found his talk all that compelling. He's never struck me as a coach with a real presence or charisma. Even when Frank Martin's teams struggle, I enjoy hearing him talk because he's charismatic and has a strong leadership presence. Muschamp's presence, to the extent he has one, just feels like a coordinator. He doesn't give off the vibe of a Head Honcho.

The addiction analogy is not bad. Listening to his pressers, many times the press seems a bit scared, walking on egg shells with any question they ask that comes close to challenging him. He can't take it and acts out. His use of "it really pisses me off" this week during the media Q/A is at best lazy and juvenile- at worst, it is domineering and censuring. Frankly, the latter possibility is what causes me to doubt his leadership ability as much as anything in year four in our awkward program state.

It really pisses me off how poorly prepared we often seem,lacking in fundamentals such as tackling,in year 4 of a $4 million/year coach.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never even found his talk all that compelling. He's never struck me as a coach with a real presence or charisma. Even when Frank Martin's teams struggle, I enjoy hearing him talk because he's charismatic and has a strong leadership presence. Muschamp's presence, to the extent he has one, just feels like a coordinator. He doesn't give off the vibe of a Head Honcho.

Same. His answers always seem staged. And if questioning goes off cue, he quickly cuts to defiant mode or starts rambling about alignments.

There are some classic videos of him on YouTube after UF games, especially in the 2013 - 2014 seasons when he was under heavy fire. He lives on the defensive - it's his natural state.

Watching the presser yesterday, he sounded like he was reading the church bulletin. A short word on each bullet point. The attendance. The tithes and offerings report. Etc.
It’s a bad look when he seems to have no sense of urgency or enthusiasm when speaking.

When ever that glorious day arrives and he is canned,Id bet dollars to doughnuts his exit speech is the same one he used at Florida,except names will be changed to protect the innocent. I still remember him saying,At the end of day,we didnt win enuff games. Well no dooky snoopy,been tellin you for years now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT