ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp says "defense played outstanding".

Again, as Boom said, you can't look at total yards these days, you have to look at yard per play!

Last edited:
One more thing.........you can't get pressure on someone who takes a shotgun snap and turns and throws the ball immediately. I still say it's the DB's job to play tight enough to take away the 7-8 yard out or quick slant. Their QB threw a ton of passes no more than 5-10 yards from the LOS. Our D allowed 15 points......I'll take that.

Stats are for losers. I remember the days we tried to hand our hats on stats. I'm glad those days are gone.
if carolina keeps putn up these kind of stats, they will definitely be "losers" more times than not, so i say stats do matter....no way they continue to let teams do that and win

Last edited:
if carolina keeps putn up these kind of stats, they will definitely be "losers" more times than not, so i say stats do matter....no way they continue to let teams do that and win

Not losers, this team is young, and likely a little less talented than most. The majority of fans predicted a W-L record similar to last year.

I say you're a loser for calling a bunch of kids that, particularly kids that play football for a team you supposedly support.

Not losers, this team is young, and likely a little less talented than most. The majority of fans predicted a W-L record similar to last year.

I say you're a loser for calling a bunch of kids that, particularly kids that play football for a team you supposedly support.
i put quotes around losers for tngamecock who said stats were for losers....im not calln our players losers......i was responding to his post....maybe you should go back and look

i put quotes around losers for tngamecock who said stats were for losers....im not calln our players losers......i was responding to his post....maybe you should go back and look

I don't give two shits about your "quotes." You still typed it.

then why respond to them....maybe you give 3 shits?

Look, not trying to get in a pissing match. To your point, I agree that stats do matter, and getting out gained 2-1 offensively week in and week out makes for more losses than wins. My point (not well presented, probably) is that this team will be over matched in most games this year, thereby leading to a similar finish as last season. This talent deficit is, obviously, due to HBC arrogantly sitting on his arse and expecting 4/5* players to flock (pun intended) to Carolina after big names like Latt, Swearinger, Clowney et al came aboard.
I was pissed when I left the game yesterday, however hearing WM's praise of the defense makes me agree with other posters who maintain that he is playing the strengths of the talent he has presently. I believe this staff will be able to put a more competive game plan in place when the talent enrolls.

Look, not trying to get in a pissing match. To your point, I agree that stats do matter, and getting out gained 2-1 offensively week in and week out makes for more losses than wins. My point (not well presented, probably) is that this team will be over matched in most games this year, thereby leading to a similar finish as last season. This talent deficit is, obviously, due to HBC arrogantly sitting on his arse and expecting 4/5* players to flock (pun intended) to Carolina after big names like Latt, Swearinger, Clowney et al came aboard.
I was pissed when I left the game yesterday, however hearing WM's praise of the defense makes me agree with other posters who maintain that he is playing the strengths of the talent he has presently. I believe this staff will be able to put a more competive game plan in place when the talent enrolls.
i love the gamecocks and i probably should have worded what i wrote better.....im sorry if i offended you or any other carolina fans...i empathize with ya, i feel the same way....it can get very frustrating when so many of us have so much invested in this team

Last edited:
Reactions: gpcocks
i love the gamecocks and i probably should have worded what i wrote better.....im sorry if i offended you or any other carolina fans...i empathize with ya, i feel the same way

You didn't offend me at all, brother. Press on, and I believe it's gonna get better.

Still had a blast yesterday, aside from the somewhat stinky football. The 1st 6 minutes were awesome!

LOL. I don't need quote marks around anything to understand it. You intimate our team lost the stat battle, which creates losers more often than not basically. So our team will end up being losers. You see, I have command of the English language at understand your point.

Look, I'm not saying we need to let people get to the red zone a bunch cause yeah, we all know that's not a good thing. But make no mistake, I watched Todd Ellis led offenses run up and down the field only to not be able to score in the red zone. I also watched Todd throw for a zillion yards, yet he never led us on a game winning drive......instead, he usually threw an interception at a crucial moment. But our stats were great. So yeah, I've seen many teams run up gawdy numbers only to be losers. I'll take scoreboard victories every time.

Reactions: usaguy40
You didn't offend me at all, brother. Press on, and I believe it's gonna get better.

Still had a blast yesterday, aside from the somewhat stinky football. The 1st 6 minutes were awesome!
yes, it was....was watchn it on my cell phone while trying to watch my sons soccer game....my son was more concerned about not being able to watch the carolina game then playing in his tourny.....i taught him well...lol

There is a difference between playing great, and making a few great plays. In this case it was the latter. When you let a mid major school like ECU rack up over 500 yds and move the ball at will up and down the field, that is not great defense. If we do that against all of our conference opponents, we will not win another conference game. We were also aided in this win by ECU play calling. With their big back up QB able to get 3 or 4 yards at a minimum every time he touched the ball, all they had to do was run him every down when they had it 1st and goal around the 5. But they didn't. They chose to pass and made a couple of bad throws and our guys came up with a big play when they had too. I have not felt this bad about a win since we almost lost to Wofford 6 or 7 years ago. What was more troubling than not being able to stop them at all, was our inability to move the football on offense. On 3 occasions we had either 3rd or 4th down and one yard to go and we cannot make a first down against a mid major team not known for having a vaunted defense (even NC State scored 30 on them).

We got physically whipped on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball Saturday. That is what is so troubling to me. If this had been Georgia, and we had done this and won I would be ecstatic. But this was EAST friggin Carolina. I am only relieved that we won. We HAVE to get better than this.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT