ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp says...

uscjunkie36

Aug 21, 2009
We made stops at the end by going man and getting pressure. Why the hell did it take 4 quarters? This team is something else!

Reactions: jimnasium
We talk about the secondary being young but when they got the chance to play man they excelled! Give the guys a chance to succeed and sometimes they will surprise you just like they did in the 4th quarter!

In hindsight I think the D was called in a way to produce somewhat of a "controlled shootout"....we gave up a lot of big plays but few back breaking type plays.
Just my guess...
Then when "it got real" in the 4th you call it more aggressive and take your risks.

Just my 2 cents, could be wrong

Reactions: wcocat and 01fatboy
In hindsight I think the D was called in a way to produce somewhat of a "controlled shootout"....we gave up a lot of big plays but few back breaking type plays.
Just my guess...
Then when "it got real" in the 4th you call it more aggressive and take your risks.

Astute observation....probably right bro

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Just my guess...

If that was the game plan I wish they would share it with us it could save my health.

Yes very hard to watch our defense however im thrilled to get the win today. I could gripe and say i just dont see any improvement from the team game to game but we saw it today but im not going to gripe. Lol

We've been playing defense the same way since he's been here. The only difference is were not getting turnovers this year.

Reactions: Scuba_do
Our strategy is to wear the opposing offense down by letting them run up and down the field all game. Hopefully they will be tired in the 4th quarter late. Worked beautifully!:D

Probably because we have an ass load of young guys in the secondary, a DL that struggles to pressure the QB, and we’re thin on defense especially in the secondary.

And the results would have somehow been worse than what happened?

Just my guess...

yep and it threw their timing off

We talk about the secondary being young but when they got the chance to play man they excelled! Give the guys a chance to succeed and sometimes they will surprise you just like they did in the 4th quarter!
They can't do it all game - especially against an explosive offense. Muschamp makes millions to make these calls, and it turned into the right result.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT