ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp would leave Lamar Jackson on the bench

and keep sending Bentley out there

Change my mind
I totally agree. Scar earned the start for the game following Mizzou only to be put back on the bench, what a slap in the face for him. And then up by 28 points against Akron and JB not doing shit and 4 quarters of the same against UVA and you don't make a QB change? That is just dumb and hardheaded coaching to say the least. And a good coach like Saban pulls his starter in the NT game and goes with his backup and wins. I will say one thing, if SOS was still here JB would be on the bench. All of this crap is not fair to Scar, Joyner and Urich and i am calling it right now Urich will transfer. And speaking of him,BAW said Urich is the fasted QB that they see in practice and is 6'5" to go with it.

How much is Booms contract? Somebody posted 6 years at $28m...We’ve got Boom for the next 5 years.

It was clear, in the first quarter, that it wasn't Bentley's day. Muschamp clearly didn't care about winning the game. Maybe we shouldn't care about spending over a thousand dollars on tickets next season.

Next season will be the first year in my adult life that I don’t buy season tickets. No more Silver Spur either. The games I want to attend, I’ll just buy premium tickets on Stubhub. When this university starts taking winning seriously, I’ll start caring about buying season tickets again. More people should do the same thing. When the school sees they are losing GCC members and season ticket holders, things will improve.

Did anybody ask muschamp in press conference why Scar didn’t go in or anyone else?
Our media won't ask a hard question.
"So how do you think 7 wins and this loss has shown the program is improving?"
"Will, how does having a guy like Jake bring stability to the offense?"
"Will, with the loss to Florida at the Swamp, what lesson's do you think the offense can learn?"

Every question is sugar coated.

Bentley and others should have been benched for not getting the job done. An offense with all that talent should never look like that. No excuse at all. Bently has not shown that he can win at a high level but neither has our great receivers and running backs. They all really do stupid crap like their hungover or something. Its ridiculous. I watched the first 2 drives trying make first downs and 2 bonehead plays by our running back needing 1 yard and leaps instead of dropping his head and driving forward. Then Bentley throws an easy pass for a 1st down behind the guys head. Just a total lack of focus. The rest of the game just went that way of just non focused stupid pathetic poor play.

I agree a change of pace at QB was in order. But we don't have a Lamar Jackson, so that analogy's ridiculous. We do need Bentley next season because, no matter how good Hilinski is, he won't be ready to start on day 1.

To be fair Muschamp did recruit Will Grier and was the favorite for Lamar Jackson before he got fired. He also has gotten us Joyner and Hilinski. That’s a lot of QB talent.

I agree a change of pace at QB was in order. But we don't have a Lamar Jackson, so that analogy's ridiculous. We do need Bentley next season because, no matter how good Hilinski is, he won't be ready to start on day 1.
Will Bentley be ready on day one? Or will he be as antsy as a true freshman? Your confidence is obviously much higher than mine.

To be fair Muschamp did recruit Will Grier and was the favorite for Lamar Jackson before he got fired. He also has gotten us Joyner and Hilinski. That’s a lot of QB talent.

And also to be fair:
Grier left and looked much better after leaving
Muschamp got fired (rightfully so)
Joyner saw a mercy series vs UTC
Hillinski remains to be seen

It was clear, in the first quarter, that it wasn't Bentley's day. Muschamp clearly didn't care about winning the game. Maybe we shouldn't care about spending over a thousand dollars on tickets next season.
I told the crowd around me after the second series they had to get Jake out of the game.

Are we sure Boom used any of the extra bowl practices? What did he see that made him think he didn't need to use every last one cause the team looked like they didn't practice at all. Either that or they (players and coaches) felt the Belk Bowl was beneath them. Maybe they should have just stayed home. Would have been less embarrassing to not make a bowl.

Will Bentley be ready on day one? Or will he be as antsy as a true freshman? Your confidence is obviously much higher than mine.
Maybe not, but you don't want to annihilate Hilinski's confidence right off the bat. I don't have much confidence that Bentley can be consistently good. Thinking toward the future, not the present.

Reactions: bucketdad
He's not even a great coordinator! Why does everybody say that!

Ok. I take back 'great' and insert 'highly thought of'. He coordinated the Texas defense, Auburn defense and Florida's defense was SEC level and put players in the NFL while he was there.

All those teams TX, Aub, FL all had great players as well so I'm still not even sold on "good" defensive coordinator. His D's here have been the worst coached, worst fundamental defenses I've seen since wally Burnham was here.

Are we sure Boom used any of the extra bowl practices? What did he see that made him think he didn't need to use every last one cause the team looked like they didn't practice at all. Either that or they (players and coaches) felt the Belk Bowl was beneath them. Maybe they should have just stayed home. Would have been less embarrassing to not make a bowl.

He didn't use them all. Too much football. LMAO!

Joyner could be Lamar Jackson. How would you know? More importantly how would Muschamp know.

I’m afraid he wouldn’t

Reactions: ddw1263
When the game was out of reach, in the 4th quarter, we needed Joyner in there to get some experience for next year, IMO. Starting to wonder what that may be about, but I guess I already know.

I believe that Bentley will get the start and not be benched no matter what because his Dad is on the coaching staff. Coach proved this game after game this season.

Reactions: flatwoodcock
Yeah that buddy system costed him the UF job and i hope he learned from it. I don't care who you are, the best players need to be on the field no matter who your daddy is. If a better player beats you out of a spot, well that's the way life is. Yeah it pisses players off and some transfer but that's the way it is. Get better or get over, simple as that. When my son played little league baseball he pitched a 1 hitter his first start because the coaches son wasn't there. After that my son never got to pitch again and that is kinda what's going on with JB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT