ADVERTISEMENT

My COVID story

titaniumspur

Sep 16, 2006
I only post this in the hope of helping some of you. I hope this does not go political. Last Tuesday morning I was fine, by Tuesday night I felt the worst I had felt in about a decade. I did the internet Dr site and they gave the the authorization for a COVID test Wednesday morning. The test came back positive Monday morning. I still had a fever this morning. I am a 55 year old male, recent checkup said my blood work was fine for cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I was pretty safe with the mask, etc. although we had stayed overnight at the beach a couple of weeks earlier. I wish I had been safer I guess. The Dr put me on Azithromycin, cough medicine, and two inhalers. Vitamin D and Zinc really did help me feel better. I don't expect to feel back to normal for at least two more weeks, this thing has been brutal.

Thanks for posting, and I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. Please keep us updated. If you don't mind me asking, did you have a fever?

I only post this in the hope of helping some of you. I hope this does not go political. Last Tuesday morning I was fine, by Tuesday night I felt the worst I had felt in about a decade. I did the internet Dr site and they gave the the authorization for a COVID test Wednesday morning. The test came back positive Monday morning. I still had a fever this morning. I am a 55 year old male, recent checkup said my blood work was fine for cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I was pretty safe with the mask, etc. although we had stayed overnight at the beach a couple of weeks earlier. I wish I had been safer I guess. The Dr put me on Azithromycin, cough medicine, and two inhalers. Vitamin D and Zinc really did help me feel better. I don't expect to feel back to normal for at least two more weeks, this thing has been brutal.
You had to wait 5 days for the test result?????

If so, then DAMN!!! That's a long time!!!

Good information...

What other side effects do you have?
Sore throat? Headaches? Loss of taste or smell??

Also, which beach did you go?

Yes, I was checking the website for the result about every hour. They need to improve that.
Look Dude, I'm 53 and I live here in downtown Charlotte. I wear my mask EVERY-FRIKKIN-WHERE!!! Just sayin', but man I hope and pray you're gonna be good to go and all is well!!!

Reactions: gcocks2011
Good information...

What other side effects do you have?
Sore throat? Headaches? Loss of taste or smell??

Also, which beach did you go?
We went to Litchfield. But also to a restaurant in Columbia the next weekend. I have heard different numbers for incubation time. Yes, I still have total loss of smell. Taste is still there. Some headaches on day 2 or 3.

We went to Litchfield. But also to a restaurant in Columbia the next weekend. I have heard different numbers for incubation time. Yes, I still have total loss of smell. Taste is still there. Some headaches on day 2 or 3.

Take care and keep us posted...

I think a lot of folks has had COVID19 in the last several months and not know it until they are tested... Some not as bad as what you have, others minor symptoms, like dull headaches, loss of taste and smell...

Meant to say nasal cavity... I've heard that hurts like crazy...

I had to have it done the week before Memorial Day. It was a real "brain tickler"...both nostrils. I don't know what the swab was coated with. But, it burned the second it cleared the opening of my nostrils. An hour later it still burned and I could still smell the swab.

Came back "negative" the next morning.

At the end of January, I had the start of a runny nose, migrated into congestion and closed off ear, loss of taste and smell. Had to go to a minute clinic and it took a Z pack to shake it. It lasted about a month and wasn't the flu. So I figured that was an early hit. Haven't had a problem since then. I think it was here a lot earlier than people thought.

At the end of January, I had the start of a runny nose, migrated into congestion and closed off ear, loss of taste and smell. Had to go to a minute clinic and it took a Z pack to shake it. It lasted about a month and wasn't the flu. So I figured that was an early hit. Haven't had a problem since then. I think it was here a lot earlier than people thought.

Have you talked with your Dr about getting an antibody test done?

I have not. Good thought though. I've heard the antibody tests aren't very reliable. I may do the call and see what they say.

It's a blood test so, I would say that it's likely much more reliable than the swab test. A lot of the swab tests come back "false negative" because they didn't jab the swab up far enough.

With a blood test, either you have the antibody or you don't.

Reactions: Gaimcock
I had to have it done the week before Memorial Day. It was a real "brain tickler"...both nostrils. I don't know what the swab was coated with. But, it burned the second it cleared the opening of my nostrils. An hour later it still burned and I could still smell the swab.

Came back "negative" the next morning.

I've heard you're better off having a sharp stick in the eye than having the test done in nasal area...

Reactions: USMCatFan
It’s very similar, but the lung inflammation is worse and it seems to take a lot longer to recover.

Me and my family of 4 came down with what we think was covid the end of January when we got back from our cruise all about a day apart. Took us all about a month to really start to feel good again. Very similar to what you described.

Glad you are feeling better Titanium. Had that brain tickle, no fun. Five days back for the result too. Ours was negative after wife was sick. Hang in there!

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
We had a friend who had it an she lost her sense of smell ?? It took her a month to kick it and she still hasn’t gotten her sense of smell back it’s she’s been clear for weeks . Very weird . The doctors are miffed

I shared a website with some friends on a private UK board. I originally got spammed an invite for this professional board through my work email. I work as an ICU clerk at UK Med Center. Our unit also turned out to be UK's COVID ICU. So, we've been dealing with this for nearly 4 months.

This website is a professional aggregation journal for Critical Care Professionals (Drs, RNs, Techs and researchers). They list papers and research on ICU care. Not all of it will apply to COVID directly and some of it will be on ICU care in general.

As it's a professional journal some of it is very advanced and highly technical. Too technical for laymen in many cases. But, there is some useful info if you can read at least a high school level and know a little about medical care.

But, for those of us that have complained about all the news or other info sources being "slanted". These are articles for medical providers to assist in the care of patients.

The Society of Critical Care Medicine

https://www.sccm.org/Disaster

These articles will list both successful and unsuccessful treatments and therapies, drugs, trends, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe that is his "down" temperature. What is the point of challenging a sick person?
Omg, calm down Fido. I wasn’t challenging him. Just merely stating a point. A lot of mid information out there. No need in spreading it. Some people are not letting people in there place of Business or worship for temps like that. That’s crazy because that could be a normal body temp.

My family went to Disney mid Feb. and came back a couple of days early due to the grandkids (4 and 2) not feeling well. About three days after getting back I started feeling pretty bad. Fever, headache, body sore and a cough from hell that lasted for ever. Went to the doctor and tested negative for the flu. I have thought about getting checked for antibodies, but what good would that really do? This was the first time I had been sick in twenty years. Kinda strange that it happened on the front end of covid.

My family went to Disney mid Feb. and came back a couple of days early due to the grandkids (4 and 2) not feeling well. About three days after getting back I started feeling pretty bad. Fever, headache, body sore and a cough from hell that lasted for ever. Went to the doctor and tested negative for the flu. I have thought about getting checked for antibodies, but what good would that really do? This was the first time I had been sick in twenty years. Kinda strange that it happened on the front end of covid.
Antibody test are only about 50% accurate anyway.

Thanks for posting this. Sorry you are going through it, but it sounds like you have a milder case. If you don't mind my asking, how is the rest of your family? How are they keeping safe? Are you in a guest bedroom by yourself? How do you eat and use the bathroom?

Reactions: jeff2001
Omg, calm down Fido. I wasn’t challenging him. Just merely stating a point. A lot of mid information out there. No need in spreading it. Some people are not letting people in there place of Business or worship for temps like that. That’s crazy because that could be a normal body temp.
Actually the normal temp for humans is now considered to be around 96.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Our niece her husband has it for the last 3 weeks. For a couple of weeks he felt terrible. But felt fine last week and got tested again and is still positive.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Actually the normal temp for humans is now considered to be around 96.

Negative feel free to visit the cdc and any other medical website 98.6 is the mean normal temperature. Everyone is different and can vary from that.

I also had Covid. Thankfully, my test was a long cotton swab to the back of the throat. Results came back in about four days. My symptoms were no taste, no appetite, a persistent dry cough and head pain (it didn't feel like a regular headache). I felt lousy in general, but I've been sicker. It probably took about two weeks to get back to feeling like I normally do.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT