ADVERTISEMENT

Nancy Pelosi is holding things up on the relieve bill to be voted on today.

Relief, first and foremost, needs to go directly to people and not corporations. I expect industries to get relief, also, but trickle down economics (Voodoo Economics) doesn't work and it sure doesn't feed hungry people. The Republican plan, as always, is heavy on propping up their cronies and light on helping everyday people.

Relief, first and foremost, needs to go directly to people and not corporations. I expect industries to get relief, also, but trickle down economics (Voodoo Economics) doesn't work and it sure doesn't feed hungry people. The Republican plan, as always, is heavy on propping up their cronies and light on helping everyday people.

BS. This had a lot of money for everyday people and plenty for the corporations that will employee them after this is done.

What it shouldn't be about is global warming BS and student loans and ballot harvesting and all the other liberals crap that worthless turd Pelosi put in it.

The problem I have with all of this, is how the Senate tried to force through their bill without any input or negotiation from the other side of the aisle, which made all of this inevitable. The House pushes a bill, the Senate has to pass - the Senate pushes a bill, the House has to pass. So ANY bill is going to be vetted by either house of Congress.

But this is a critical time in the United States that should be receiving bipartisan input and support. So why did McConnell refuse Democratic input, and push through a one-sided bill? It pretty much made all this inevitable. The Democratic House has to represent their constituents as well, they just can't rubber-stamp something they had little to no input in. It's their tax-paying constituents' money too, not just Republican's tax dollars that's going to cover this check.....

My position on all this is, check the annual revenues these corporations make every year. What is the % of net revenue goes to the corporations, what % of net revenue goes to the workforce. Pay the inverted % to each out of this relief bill.....

Many of these billion-dollar corps with their 50+% profit margins - you buy one item of their product for say, $100 dollars, and $55 dollars out of that price tag goes straight to corporate. The $45 pays for the manufacturing, the shipping, the marketing, the wages of the workforce, healthcare and 401K packages. $55 goes straight into the pockets of the owners.

So this is probably why the relief plan went from $1 trillion to $2 trillion: someone remembered to include the corporations as getting a slice of that pie....

The problem I have with all of this, is how the Senate tried to force through their bill without any input or negotiation from the other side of the aisle, which made all of this inevitable. The House pushes a bill, the Senate has to pass - the Senate pushes a bill, the House has to pass. So ANY bill is going to be vetted by either house of Congress.

But this is a critical time in the United States that should be receiving bipartisan input and support. So why did McConnell refuse Democratic input, and push through a one-sided bill? It pretty much made all this inevitable. The Democratic House has to represent their constituents as well, they just can't rubber-stamp something they had little to no input in. It's their tax-paying constituents' money too, not just Republican's tax dollars that's going to cover this check.....

That's not what happened and you know it.

Democrats put things in their bill that had nothing to do with this crisis.

Airline emissions
Student loan debt forgiveness
Same day voter registration
Ballot harvesting
Collective bargaining rights for unions
Wind and solar credits
Requirements for federal and corporate gender and racial diversity data
$20 billion post office bailout
Automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas
Restricting colleges from providing information about citizenship status

NONE of the crap belongs in this bill. Democrats are holding our economy hostage to push their liberal agenda. Ridiculous.

“Biden himself said he is coming for our guns and is going to appoint Beto to do it.”

Just hide your gun. Beto won’t have much time to spend looking for it if he has to go house to house.

I plan on investing in gun manufacturing stock when Biden is elected. They always go up because gun sales go up because the democratic president is “gonna take our guns away.”

Hell, I am gonna lose 10 lbs.
Just said it, doubt that your guns get taken or I lose the weight.

Yeah, DC already tried it once. We don't buy that lie.

Or they’re simply trying not to pour tons of money into companies that barely employ any US workers and keep their businesses registered in other countries to avoid paying into the US tax system.

You mean like Obama, Nancy and Chuck You Schumer did back in 2009???

In other news...

Christine Pelosi under fire for tweeting 'Rand Paul's neighbor was right' after senator's virus diagnosis

https://www.foxnews.com/media/christine-pelosi-rand-paul-coronavirus-neighbor-tweet

No one should be ok with Mnuchin and Trump being empowered to give away a half TRILLION dollars as they choose fit, and we won’t even be able to see who got the money until after the election.

That’s corruption, plain and simple. Dems want to provide assistance to the American people, but not unaccountable assistance to Rep donors and the Trump Org. Unlike Republicans in 2009 who didn’t vote for the Recovery Act and then screamed about it for years, Dems will do the right thing, but not with this poison pill of a secret slush fund included. None of us should want that.
Please explain why Pelosi put in automatic extensions for work visas for immigrants. Seems as though she should be more concerned with American’s losing their jobs.

Freddie, We disagree right down the line. All of those points you bring out are simply fed out to the public by those who influence many republicans to think in that way. Democrats do not want to open our borders to any and all who might cross, they don't want to take away all your guns and neither your nor I know just what that Green Deal is. Those are points that some use to get you to do what they want. Try thinking for yourself once in a while instead of parroting Rush and other ditto heads.
How about you read the damn bill and tell us why there has to be diversity on a Corona virus asse. Team. That's in the bill. I don't know about you but I want the best of the best on this. I could give a shit less what color they are. How about the names and ethnicity and gender of the folks on the boards of who receives the money. What does airlines reducing carbon emissions by a 5 year deadline have to do with Corona virus. Dems are trying to put their shitty agenda in the bill and blaming Republicans for not signing it.. WTF? These folks are going to keep playing with people's lives until the Masse's revolt. People get tired of people with money playing games. When they get hungry all hells going to break out.

Seems pretty simple if you want to take care of working American’s, give us back our money. There were 150 million working Americans. Giving every worker $7,000 of their money back would cost $1 trillion. If you want to give us back $2 trillion then cut a $14,000 check.

Seems pretty simple if you want to take care of working American’s, give us back our money. There were 150 million working Americans. Giving every worker $7,000 of their money back would cost $1 trillion. If you want to give us back $2 trillion then cut a $14,000 check.

What happens when that $14,000 is gone and they have no job to go back to?

You have to protect the small businesses, hospitals, and corporations.

That's not what happened and you know it.

Democrats put things in their bill that had nothing to do with this crisis.

Airline emissions
Student loan debt forgiveness
Same day voter registration
Ballot harvesting
Collective bargaining rights for unions
Wind and solar credits
Requirements for federal and corporate gender and racial diversity data
$20 billion post office bailout
Automatic extension of nonimmigrant visas
Restricting colleges from providing information about citizenship status

NONE of the crap belongs in this bill. Democrats are holding our economy hostage to push their liberal agenda. Ridiculous.

I agree totally - my point is the American tax-paying citizens are the ones that will get hurt the most from all of this - same as always. The "stimulus" bill in any form or fashion will take those tax dollars to salve wounds. Corporate America doesn't need nor deserve ANY of that money, when they keep reporting record annual profits every year.

When it's a bull year, the CEOs and fat cat's pockets get fatter - the typical employee wage earner at most gets a 10% COLA. When its a bear year, the CEOs and fatcats keep their money, and the employee base gets reduced into the unemployment ranks.

I'm tired of US businesses screwing their business up, and then expecting the federal government to bail them out with tax payer dollars that's supposed to help govern the tax payers' needs, not the corporate needs. If they know how to do their business right, they will still be there to stand back up when the dust settles.

But you're right - the pork you listed above has no place in this bill either. Those are smaller fights to be fought during other times. I agree the House should not add that stuff to this stimulus....

Reactions: Jpcooper

In other news...

Christine Pelosi under fire for tweeting 'Rand Paul's neighbor was right' after senator's virus diagnosis

https://www.foxnews.com/media/christine-pelosi-rand-paul-coronavirus-neighbor-tweet

Didn't even read the link, but what Paul did was horrible, and his constituents should be ashamed of him. He obviously was concerned enough about HIS OWN health to go get tested, but didn't give a sh*t about anyone else to quarantine himself until he got the results. He says he had no symptoms, but he encourages people to get tested even if there's no symptoms. But then why get tested??

If he didn't think he had the COVID-19, then don't take a test away from others who are having symptoms - even with substantial sickness, not just "symptoms" - and yet are struggling or having to wait days to get tested. But he obviously admitted he had concern, so then to say he was concerned for his own health - he apparently had limited use of one lung - and then take actions afterwards before getting the results back, clearly indicated that he only cared about himself, but not others around him.

And the bottom line that he is in fact a doctor, and he did that, was just inexplicable.....

You don't really think anyone believes that lie?

I don't expect anyone here to change their because of anything I might say. I do expect even a little bit of respect for someone who has a different opinion. I would need something way more important than an internet forum to cause me to lie and you certainly don't qualify as that important. Manly, I just want any of the brain dead people here to know that there are a lot of people that think and do otherwise.

I may not be completely happy with Biden as a savior, but he is the choice of most people in America. Most know that getting rid of the imposter in the White House and the handler in the senate is the thing that will get them into the voting booth in great numbers in the fall.

I voted to get rid of Clinton and will vote much more easily to get rid of Trump. If it had been known that Bush would start a stupid,
unnecessary and wrongheaded war, It would have been Gore for me then. I may get things wrong sometimes but failing to spot a scammer like Trump or a crook like McConnell is not one of them.

In other news...

I didn’t agree with giving the bailout money then and I don’t agree with most of it now either. Companies whose CEOs still pull million dollar bonuses while their employees are out of work don’t deserve any subsidies.

I agree with Freddie on this. The money grab with no oversight by mnuchin was almost a successful crime until Nancy stepped in and saved the American taxpayers.

Nancy stepped in and saved the American taxpayers.

You are funny!

I don't expect anyone here to change their because of anything I might say. I do expect even a little bit of respect for someone who has a different opinion. I would need something way more important than an internet forum to cause me to lie and you certainly don't qualify as that important. Manly, I just want any of the brain dead people here to know that there are a lot of people that think and do otherwise.

I may not be completely happy with Biden as a savior, but he is the choice of most people in America. Most know that getting rid of the imposter in the White House and the handler in the senate is the thing that will get them into the voting booth in great numbers in the fall.

I voted to get rid of Clinton and will vote much more easily to get rid of Trump. If it had been known that Bush would start a stupid,
unnecessary and wrongheaded war, It would have been Gore for me then. I may get things wrong sometimes but failing to spot a scammer like Trump or a crook like McConnell is not one of them.

I could not disagree more. I think Trump is our savior in this crisis. He follows his instincts which are usually correct. He implemented the travel ban early on even when a withering news media decried him as racist. This alone has saved thousands of lives. I don't know of another human being on the face of the earth who could do what this man has done under the constant barrage of a disingenuous agenda driven Democratic party and their propaganda machine some people laughably call a "news media".

Up until recently I thought he was the greatest President of my lifetime. I was wrong. He is the greatest President of ALL TIME. No other President we have ever had could have done and accomplished the things he has done, especially under the circumstances he has had to endure.

He is brash, arrogant, and sometimes crude. I did not like him before he became President and he was last on my list of the primary candidates. However, actions and results speak with far greater power than words. His action, his results, have made a believer out of me. If I could vote 10 times they would all be for Trump.

Sometimes, some jobs require an SOB to get it done. He can be an SOB, but by God, he is OUR SOB. And he is getting things done against phenomenal odds.

I could not disagree more. I think Trump is our savior in this crisis. He follows his instincts which are usually correct. He implemented the travel ban early on even when a withering news media decried him as racist. This alone has saved thousands of lives. I don't know of another human being on the face of the earth who could do what this man has done under the constant barrage of a disingenuous agenda driven Democratic party and their propaganda machine some people laughably call a "news media".

Up until recently I thought he was the greatest President of my lifetime. I was wrong. He is the greatest President of ALL TIME. No other President we have ever had could have done and accomplished the things he has done, especially under the circumstances he has had to endure.

He is brash, arrogant, and sometimes crude. I did not like him before he became President and he was last on my list of the primary candidates. However, actions and results speak with far greater power than words. His action, his results, have made a believer out of me. If I could vote 10 times they would all be for Trump.

Sometimes, some jobs require an SOB to get it done. He can be an SOB, but by God, he is OUR SOB. And he is getting things done against phenomenal odds.

When I have the chance, I explain to people that having a LOT of division in America is a good thing. I disagree with every word you wrote above and my approach to life is obviously very, very different than yours.

but that’s a good thing. You would not want to be like me, and I would not like to be like you. That’s why division, differences, and debates about such matters is important.

Freddie, We disagree right down the line. All of those points you bring out are simply fed out to the public by those who influence many republicans to think in that way. Democrats do not want to open our borders to any and all who might cross, they don't want to take away all your guns and neither your nor I know just what that Green Deal is. Those are points that some use to get you to do what they want. Try thinking for yourself once in a while instead of parroting Rush and other ditto heads.

Beto flatout said that they wanted to take back guns. Many democrats have said the same.

Then exactly why were Dems onboard, after days of negotiating, right up until the final hour?

You expect a little bit of respect for someone that has a different opinion, then refer to people with an opinion different than your as brain dead? And if you think Biden is the choice of most people in America, then you're in for a very long four more years. Let me guess, you support eliminating the electoral college?

Biden voted for that War genious . They all did. Good luck in Nov.

When I have the chance, I explain to people that having a LOT of division in America is a good thing. I disagree with every word you wrote above and my approach to life is obviously very, very different than yours.

but that’s a good thing. You would not want to be like me, and I would not like to be like you. That’s why division, differences, and debates about such matters is important.

Our views in life are shaped by what we experience and what we see and observe. I don't know what your experiences have been, but in my case, I lost a very good management job years ago due to racism. I'm a white male and I, along with several other white males, were fired when we had done nothing wrong (my termination letter unbelievably stated so, and yes, I won my lawsuit). Meanwhile, the department where all the problems occurred was managed by a black female. The President of the company was a liberal female. Guess who was the only member of management that didn't get fired?

More recently I lost my entire livelihood due to the incompetence of President Obama - who I consider the worst President in history (and I am including Jimmy Carter on that list). Liberalism and socialism - not the corona virus - are the greatest threats to our country and to our freedoms. That is why I will fight them until my last breath on this earth. I will do so because of my love for this country and all it stands for. It is the greatest country on the face of the earth where everyone has the opportunity to succeed if they want to. Where else could I have over come the obstacles I stated above and go on to still be a very successful business man? I'm not about to let a bunch of ignorant fools destroy the ideals of this great nation without a fight.

If you don't agree with me, so be it. That is certainly your right. All I ask of anyone is be sincere in your beliefs, and follow what your life experiences tell you is right, and what your brain tells you is just.

“Democrats do not want to open our borders... they don't want to take away All your guns” Either you are playing semantics or you haven’t been paying attention.

Reactions: howard13
“Biden himself said he is coming for our guns and is going to appoint Beto to do it.”

Just hide your gun. Beto won’t have much time to spend looking for it if he has to go house to house.

I plan on investing in gun manufacturing stock when Biden is elected. They always go up because gun sales go up because the democratic president is “gonna take our guns away.”

Hell, I am gonna lose 10 lbs.
Just said it, doubt that your guns get taken or I lose the weight.

I lost all my guns in a boating accident. They all fell overboard while I was bass fishing.

"The post above reminded me of a political story from way back. Some times we just have to take a moment to remember to laugh. The problems that we are facing will still be there in the morning. Always remember that everyone on this board passionately loves America. Claude Pepper died in the late 80's. This story is not about his politics but how the "game" of politics can sometimes be played:

The recent passing of U.S. Congressman Claude Pepper brings to mind a story that has circulated in political circles for years.

The year was 1950. Pepper, locked in a bitter race to retain his U.S Senate seat, faced a worthy opponent in then-Congressman George Smathers.

"Are you aware," Smathers is said to have bellowed in his stumpings through the North Florida pinelands, "that Claude Pepper is known all over Washington as a shameless extrovert?"

"Not only that, but this man is reliably reported to practice nepotism with his sister-in-law, and he has a sister who was once a thesbian in wicked New York. Worst of all, it is an established fact that Mr. Pepper, before his marriage, practiced celibacy."

"And are you aware that Claude Pepper vacillated one night on the Senate floor?"

Last edited:
Our views in life are shaped by what we experience and what we see and observe. I don't know what your experiences have been, but in my case, I lost a very good management job years ago due to racism. I'm a white male and I, along with several other white males, were fired when we had done nothing wrong (my termination letter unbelievably stated so, and yes, I won my lawsuit). Meanwhile, the department where all the problems occurred was managed by a black female. The President of the company was a liberal female. Guess who was the only member of management that didn't get fired?

More recently I lost my entire livelihood due to the incompetence of President Obama - who I consider the worst President in history (and I am including Jimmy Carter on that list). Liberalism and socialism - not the corona virus - are the greatest threats to our country and to our freedoms. That is why I will fight them until my last breath on this earth. I will do so because of my love for this country and all it stands for. It is the greatest country on the face of the earth where everyone has the opportunity to succeed if they want to. Where else could I have over come the obstacles I stated above and go on to still be a very successful business man? I'm not about to let a bunch of ignorant fools destroy the ideals of this great nation without a fight.

If you don't agree with me, so be it. That is certainly your right. All I ask of anyone is be sincere in your beliefs, and follow what your life experiences tell you is right, and what your brain tells you is just.

As I said above, I disagreed with every word you wrote above and my approach to life is obviously very, very different than yours.nothing you wrote changed that at all. My experience is very different than yours. Therefore, my conclusions are also very different.

but that’s a good thing. You would not want to be like me, and I definitely would not want to be like you.

You have to protect the small businesses.....

Ahh yes, True Blue American Capitalism, the blood of this country. Of course!

You have to protect the hospitals.....

Most certainly. The Federal and State mandates to protect and serve the health and vitality of this nation of people. Of course!

You have to protect the corporations.

Nope. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with Capitalism in this country. We are not a socialist country. Put the money into small businesses. Leave the large corporate industries to their own devices. Ultimately, it was determined to be folly for the Federal Bank to bail out Wall Street - they didn't need it, and to be true they wanted it until they found out they would be required to open their books to federal regulators, then they said, "NO THANKS!" Because they didn't really need it.

The Airline Industry want a $58 Billion bail-out of taxpayer dollars, after they had billions of dollars but instead of investing it back into their services to customers, raise wages for employees, or invest into subsidiaries to better support their product, they spent all their cash funds in buying back stocks to boost up stock prices, so they could make more money for themselves. THEMSELVES meaning the owners and stockholders, not the employees or the customers.

Now with the travel bans due to COVID-19, they got caught with their weenie out, and they want the common citizen to bail THEM out?? For their own bad business practices??

I say NO: there's an old Chinese proverb - if a land owner grows crops in his fields, but is unable to adequately tend to his crops, you take one half of the land away.

That's true Capitalism in the U.S. - if you can't successfully manage your business, don't worry. Someone else who can do it better, will come along and take over for you, and then you can stop trying. You don't ask others to handle your business for you, and pay your bills, so you can get rich....

Well, I will take Trump and other Republicans over Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Shumer, AOC and the rest anytime. Nancy Pelosi and the rest of that nutty bunch on the left will open up the borders, take away our guns, implement the Green New Deal so quickly it will make our heads swim. Nancy Pelosi will do any and everything to hurt Trump regardless of what the consequences are for the Nation.

Wrong

Reactions: sandlapper59

Wasn’t that how we got Obamacare in the first place. Sign it then read it

As I said above, I disagreed with every word you wrote above and my approach to life is obviously very, very different than yours.nothing you wrote changed that at all. My experience is very different than yours. Therefore, my conclusions are also very different.

but that’s a good thing. You would not want to be like me, and I definitely would not want to be like you.

I agree that we are obviously different and have different views. I was not at all implying otherwise. The only thing I was communicating is that my views are very sincere, and they are shaped by my extensive (I'm old) life experiences along with my upbringing and are not shaped by a bunch of political rhetoric. I can only hope that yours and everyone else's views are shaped in the same manner, whatever they are.

Which every day people would you help, if you were in charge?

Who would you take the money from to help them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT