ADVERTISEMENT

ND likely just played their way

Which is nuts because A&M would crush both of them .
I disagree. I'm not saying who would win outright, but based on the way A&M has played at times this year, they look quite beatable by those teams. I do feel as though ND is overrated though, but that's nothing new. OSU has been pumped up a bit as well, but I think they're better than what they showed today.

Reactions: ShadowWeasel
Think about this.......if ND was able to play as an independent this season, they probably would be easily in the playoff. They wouldn't have played in a Championship game, but they are ND and the committee usually likes them. If they don't make the playoffs, they will never join a conference.

Think about this.......if ND was able to play as an independent this season, they probably would be easily in the playoff. They wouldn't have played in a Championship game, but they are ND and the committee usually likes them. If they don't make the playoffs, they will never join a conference.

At least this way they got exposed sooner rather than later.

North Western had multiple chances to bury tOsu , that by itself would have been beautiful.

perceived ratings and headlines will allow for the committee to keep NOtra dame & tOsu.
it’s sad

I'd like to see the taters play ATM in the semi's and if they win face bama for all the marbles.

Team that can't even score a touchdown with its offense in the league championship game deserves to miss the playoffs. Besides, who wants to see any two teams play three times?
Agreed. The tiggers at full strength beat that team 10 of 10 anyhow.

If there were anyone truly deserving behind them I would be inclined to agree with you, but A&M lost to Bama by 28 which is pretty much the exact same argument you are trying to use against ND. I think beating Clemson once (even if Clemson was missing a bunch of starters) is going to carry more weight than A&M beating Florida.

It's probably pretty close between those two, but saying ND has no business in the playoff is too reactionary and smacks of recency bias (or just SEC bias).

If there were anyone truly deserving behind them I would be inclined to agree with you, but A&M lost to Bama by 28 which is pretty much the exact same argument you are trying to use against ND. I think beating Clemson once (even if Clemson was missing a bunch of starters) is going to carry more weight than A&M beating Florida.

It's probably pretty close between those two, but saying ND has no business in the playoff is too reactionary and smacks of recency bias (or just SEC bias).

It’s as much about how you lose, as when you lose. While TAM did lose by four scores to Bama in Tuscaloosa, they haven’t lost since then and are on a seven game winning streak. Watching Ohio State and ND yesterday, I would think that TAM not only could beat either one, I think it very likely that TAM would beat either.

Reactions: CtownNat1ve
Honestly, i feel kind of similarly when i watch A&M. They don't do anything particularly impressive except continually win games by 10-14 points. They aren't knocking anyone's socks off, and I don't see them as a real threat to win a title.

FWIW, i think you are basically splitting hairs between them and ND. They seem fairly similar to me in a lot of regards.

Honestly, i feel kind of similarly when i watch A&M. They don't do anything particularly impressive except continually win games by 10-14 points. They aren't knocking anyone's socks off, and I don't see them as a real threat to win a title.

FWIW, i think you are basically splitting hairs between them and ND. They seem fairly similar to me in a lot of regards.

Well, unless they play head to head it’s up for debate. I watched OSU and ND yesterday. After watching TAM play numerous times, they pass the eye test better to me.

Had ND scored two TD’s yesterday instead of settling for a FG, and missed another ‘chip shot’ FG, the acccg might have been different. CU dominated ND from that point on. IMO CU could have boat raced ND by 40 points if they had wanted to.

out of the CFP, or at least that SHOULD have done it! CU called off the dogs on them in half #2, and they still looked like feces! TAM should move into the top 4 and ND and or OSU should drop out. Neither one belongs after today, but sadly one or both will stay..
You are correct. OSU because conference champ and committee will say ND only loss to Clemson in championship game. Both stupid view points for this year. Agree with poster who said perfect year for Cincy to be put in. Let Bama beat them soundly and say they had their shot.

ND got clobbered by the 2nd best team on a neutral field a day before the CFP committee selects the 4 best teams. A&M got clobbered by the best team in the country on Alabama’s home field the 2nd game of the Covid season. A&M beat Florida who just played a competitive game against Alabama and Florida looked the part of a top team. ND beat Clemson in double OT when Clemson was missing there Heisman candidate QB and there defensive leader Skalski.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
ND got beat badly which shows they are not a good team. This makes clemsux's loss to them earlier in the year a Bad Loss and should kick them out of the championship as well. ;)

lol, Clemson would beat A&M by 3 scores and have backups in the first the 4th quarter.

No way in hell . Clemson would win but it would go down to the wire . Clemson’s run defense isn’t what it was . A&M would gash them in the run game . Clemson probably still pulls it out but no way it’s a blowout

No way in hell . Clemson would win but it would go down to the wire . Clemson’s run defense isn’t what it was . A&M would gash them in the run game . Clemson probably still pulls it out but no way it’s a blowout

Hmm, our fans have been saying all yea that A&M is overrated.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT