ADVERTISEMENT

Neal Young 0-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good one! Love his music but c’mon. The leftists want to shut down freedom of speech- simple as that. What’s misinformation to them may well be the truth. They are so arrogant to think that their opinion, as that is usually what it is, is the only one that people should hear. Who are these autocrats that think anyone who disagrees
with them should be silenced - that’s a very dangerous path if it continues. If Neil isn’t careful, there won’t be anymore “Rockin’ in the Free Workd.”

Last edited:
74 Grad so I listened to tons of CSN&Y. What he doesn’t get is his fan base is a certain number today, in a week it will be a smaller number, and so on and so on. He’s not getting any new fans. He should want to be on any platform that will play his music.

Reactions: cocks rule
What a stupid post.

NY certainly didn’t lose to Skynard. They actually got along in the end. Neil is one of the greatest living song writers ever and Skynard is some sad, pathetic cover band now. So I guess Neil came out on top there.

W/ regards to Rogan and Spotify- Young knew what he was doing. Spotify pays Neil next to nothing. He wanted to get booted from the platform while making a point about Rogan. Rogan is a dipshit hack who got famous from a show about people eating bugs. Neil is an icon. Thinking that Rogan won only shows that you’re too stupid to understand Neil’s endgame.

his music is great, his political views I'm not really interested in . Being a star does make your political views important . Just do what made you a star and keep your political views to yourself. KISS
What a horrendously bad take.

“Do what made you a star.”

Have you ever listened to Neil Young? He’s got plenty of political songs. Ohio, Southern Man, Rockin in the Free World….

Last edited:
Reactions: 81 Alumnus
Neil Young can choose to have his music played wherever he wants to. And last I saw Spotify was losing billions over this. Quote from Neil Young below:

“I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information,” Young said.

What a stupid post.

NY certainly didn’t lose to Skynard. They actually got along in the end. Neil is one of the greatest living song writers ever and Skynard is some sad, pathetic cover band now. So I guess Neil came out on top there.

W/ regards to Rogan and Spotify- Young knew what he was doing. Spotify pays Neil next to nothing. He wanted to get booted from the platform while making a point about Rogan. Rogan is a dipshit hack who got famous from a show about people eating bugs. Neil is an icon. Thinking that Rogan won only shows that you’re too stupid to understand Neil’s endgame.
Mr Young….so how was Neil as a child?

Reactions: usc_nc
Neil Young can choose to have his music played wherever he wants to. And last I saw Spotify was losing billions over this. Quote from Neil Young below:

“I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information,” Young said.
I think he was talking about CNN

What a stupid post.

Really???? Then after all these years why is it that whenever I tune in to a classic rock radio station I frequently hear "Sweet Home Alabama" but never any Neil Young songs?

I think the Babylon bee summed this up well with an article about the sudden spike in Google searches of "who is Neil young".

I guess it's a matter of age, as someone stated above. Those few left who know who he is are dwindling quickly.

Reactions: cocks rule
What a stupid post.

Stupid is spelling Skynyrd (Skynard) and we arent talking about the band that remains today. The original lineup had more talent then Neil Young ever did. But yes, Young did offer Skynyrd to do one of his songs "powderfinger" but it never happened due to the plane crash. They were not enemies. Ronnie wore a Neil Young shirt all the time and he even is wearing it on their last Album Cover Street Survivors.

Reactions: suncock

Losing Billions? lmao. Neil Young was getting 60% of his streaming revenue from Spotify.

Rogan is a dipshit hack who got famous from a show about people eating bugs.
bear-grylls-eats.gif

Neil Young is the latest example of someone who has been so locked in fear that its clouding any common sense that he still has. Just look at what's happening in the most vaccinated countries TODAY. There's not a one-size-fits-all approach to medicine and the world has been watching this play out for a year now.

No one has stronger opinions about Joe Rogan than people who have never listened to Joe Rogan. He currently has over 13x the audience of CNN and 3x the audience of FOX during primetime hours. He's had some of the top MDs and scientists in the world on his show for many years (long before COVID).

Joni Mitchell removes here songs as well. Question: does anyone really care? Someone should help her...

Joni Mitchell removes here songs as well. Question: does anyone really care? Someone should help her...

Joni has a wonderful voice but she's just another example of an older, frightened celebrity holed up in their mansion hoping that every infant in the world receives one particular medication that's doing nothing close to what they promised to do and clearly isn't safe for everyone, especially the younger crowd. Sad stuff.

Lol been a watching real time with Bill Maher who is a polar opposite to me 95% of the time but even he is sounding the alarm on this leftist woke crap. Its going to be a bloodbath for democrats this midterm because of it...
I caught the last 30 minutes of his show last night and his closing argument is pretty spot on.

Reactions: statelinecock
I find this comment hilarious.

“Spotify has recently become a very damaging force via its public misinformation and lies about COVID,” Young wrote in a letter posted on his website Wednesday. “Most of the listeners hearing the unfactual, misleading and false COVID information on Spotify are 24 years old, impressionable and easy to swing to the wrong side of the truth.

We know, Neil. That is very apparent most Novembers.

I like Young and Skynyrd about the same - I really like some of their stuff, but can do without most of their stuff. That said, Young is more of an icon and Skynyrd is more of a regional flavor.

As for Rogan, I care about his political opinion the exact same as Young's - I don't care about either. Who would? Why anyone would put any credence into the thoughts of a rock star and an MMA announcer is beyond me.

• Love
Reactions: funktavious
I like Young and Skynyrd about the same - I really like some of their stuff, but can do without most of their stuff. That said, Young is more of an icon and Skynyrd is more of a regional flavor.

As for Rogan, I care about his political opinion the exact same as Young's - I don't care about either. Who would? Why anyone would put any credence into the thoughts of a rock star and an MMA announcer is beyond me.

Or these guys.

I find this comment hilarious.

“Spotify has recently become a very damaging force via its public misinformation and lies about COVID,” Young wrote in a letter posted on his website Wednesday. “Most of the listeners hearing the unfactual, misleading and false COVID information on Spotify are 24 years old, impressionable and easy to swing to the wrong side of the truth.

We know, Neil. That is very apparent most Novembers.
Another casualty of highly conflicted mainstream media reporting. They need to report both sides of the issue and they aren't doing that. In contrast, people like Joe Rogan are doing that and are crushing them in the ratings as a result. Rogan is not anti-vaxx at all. Like many top MDs, he's pro-choice and that's what America was built on.

He's bringing on some of the some MDs in the world on a regular basis? Those same MDs are his physicians. He's not at home whipping up potions. As someone reported last week, New Hampshire is getting ready to open up Ivermectin to their citizens without even needing a prescription. That's a blue state sick of the nonsense. Other states will follow. There are also other medication combinations that are working wonderfully now. This is reality and that's both sides of the discussion - not a vaxx echo chamber.

I don't really listen to Neil Young music. I mean I like some of the songs but I don't actively seek out his music (nor really anyone else either).

I don't listen to Joe Rogan. Just not interested in his opinion anymore so than I am any other cable news/talk radio/podcast host. The very little I've heard him didn't impress me. But no talkers on podcasts, cable news, talk radio impress me with their supposed knowledge.

I did notice Sirius XM brought back their Neil Young channel this weekend to last for 7 days, and for 30 days on the Sirius App. (They had it for a time in December too). I will probably check it out a bit while I am checking on various channels like I usually do. But I'm not seeking it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: funktavious
He's bringing on some of the some MDs in the world on a regular basis? Those same MDs are his physicians. He's not at home whipping up potions. As someone reported last week, New Hampshire is getting ready to open up Ivermectin to their citizens without even needing a prescription. That's a blue state sick of the nonsense. Other states will follow. There are also other medication combinations that are working wonderfully now. This is reality and that's both sides of the discussion - not a vaxx echo chamber.

I wish these MDs were spending more time in hospitals with their "cures" and less on podcasts, cable news, and talk shows - if they really are serious about their concoctions.

My sister is a nurse at a hospital. Their doctors and nursing staff are BEYOND exhausted with many working upwards of 20-30 days with not 1 day off struggling to treat patients in their emergency rooms and those in intensive care. They could sure use the assistance of doctors that have a lot of time to go on podcasts and cable news talk shows.

People are filling up their waiting rooms, many taking and relying on their own home made cures and are making it to the hospital very, very sick.

My sister, today, is on her 18th straight workday with no day off today. I texted her this morning. She texted back about 30 mins later with "have to talk later, can't now. Might get a day next weekend - maybe. Talk later"

Talk later doesn't mean today. It usually means I might get to talk to her next week sometime.

Meh, he's just another dude that found out if pander to the most basic people on either side of the aisle they will make you a bunch of money.

The media is complicit, but you can lay this disaster at the feet of one man. Fauci. He supported and financed the "research" that led to this disaster. Even in the early days before this really got loose, his emails proved he was already trying to cover up the fact that this came from one of the labs he helped fund. Lies upon lies that has destroyed the public's faith in the medical community, and literally every decision he made was wrong.

When a scientist deflect criticism by saying "“Attacks on me, quite frankly, are attacks on science", anybody should be able to figure out what is going on.

I wish these MDs were spending more time in hospitals with their "cures" and less on podcasts, cable news, and talk shows - if they really are serious about their concoctions.

My sister is a nurse at a hospital. Their doctors and nursing staff are BEYOND exhausted with many working upwards of 20-30 days with not 1 day off struggling to treat patients in their emergency rooms and those in intensive care. They could sure use the assistance of doctors that have a lot of time to go on podcasts and cable news talk shows.

My sister, today, is on her 18th straight workday with no day off today. I texted her this morning. She texted back about 30 mins later with "have to talk later, can't now. Might get a day next weekend - maybe. Talk later"
When you lock down a country for over a year and constantly promote that COVID is going to be the end of civilization as we know it, people are going to panic when they inevitably get it and race to the hospital.

Also, even Fauci is stating that up to 60% of the cases in the hospital are due to other issues and simply test positive for COVID while they are there. Not to mention the healthcare workers who were forced to resign.

Reactions: Cybercock
Meh, he's just another dude that found out if pander to the most basic people on either side of the aisle they will make you a bunch of money.
Have you ever seen another dude dominate all of mainstream media ratings by multiples? That happens when you are reporting all sides of the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT