ADVERTISEMENT

New Stadium Improvements

Hehehe. Poor tater. Another one on ignore, until he gets banned...and has to create yet another user name so he can post on his rival's board. Loser.

Wait...I feel your comment coming, let me go ahead and preface:

"Clemsux, tater, dabbblow, clemsux.....

HAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

LMAO.

".

done.

Not sure what you are talking about. You are not addressing anything that this thread is about. It's not talking about cars, parking, crossing roads, or troopers. It is about the foot traffic around the stadium and getting in and out of the stadium. And FYI I am a Platinum Spur donor and have had club level seats for over 10 years. I not only attend the games but usually attend a couple of away games as well. I was at Kentucky last year for that 4th quarter debacle. I also have season tickets to the basketball games and attend every one. I would bet I know far better than you how the traffic works.
So your level of giving, you attend a few away games a year, etc, makes you an expert? Really? LMAO!!

Not sure what you are talking about. You are not addressing anything that this thread is about. It's not talking about cars, parking, crossing roads, or troopers. It is about the foot traffic around the stadium and getting in and out of the stadium. And FYI I am a Platinum Spur donor and have had club level seats for over 10 years. I not only attend the games but usually attend a couple of away games as well. I was at Kentucky last year for that 4th quarter debacle. I also have season tickets to the basketball games and attend every one. I would bet I know far better than you how the traffic works.
un-wad your panties and enjoy the game

go cocks!

Reactions: NetworkX
I do not like small limes.

All that money, and you're posting on the free board?

I dropped my cable tv and have been in the attic putting up an antenna. My wife came home and closed up the stairwell. It wasn't to bad, found some old playboy mags.
I lived off mothballs and blown in insulation for 3 months Drinkin my own urine. Found a Six pack of collectible orange soda from the 81 clemson national champ but it was terrible. I'm back down now . I gained 10 pounds.
Gonna get some sorta devise to get the SEC network. No way I'm getting down in that mess.
Anybody know about Carpal tunnel syndrome?

JGH, sorry they are dog-piling on you. You can always could on the internet heros who you can tell are not GCC memebers. I have been silver spur for ~ 15 years been going to games for probably 30 years.

What I dont like about the crazy expensive upgrades is none of it improves the fan experience inside the stadium.

You still have the ridiculous concessions lines & screwed up bathrooms. For once in my life I would like to not wait 30 minutes to get a Coke. I used to think that it was like that everywhere until I started going to NFL games and other SEC venues. I remember when I went to LSU I walked right up got my drink and went back to my seat. This was at halftime. I had no concept that was possible.

The upgrades add a nice veneer but I like you see a possibility that it could create some bottle necks. We will have to see how it goes today. Hopefully Tanner is willing to make changes if there are problems.

One thing that would have been great I have said they need to do for years is CLOSE GEORGE ROGERS BVLD to traffic on game day. Let people freely walk across that road. That would make a huge difference. There is no reason they cant do this. Other than people that park around the ETV lot. The could figure out an alternate entrance.

Improve the experience not just the facade.

Reactions: Cybercock
No, but nice try. I have a spot in a gated lot near the stadium. I'm concerned about the foot traffic. I have to walk around the stadium from the east side to get to the west side. Even with the empty spaces and all that room to walk the last couple of years it is quite crowded. I am afraid it is going to revert back to the way it was when we had all those cars parked all around the stadium. We will see tomorrow though. Perhaps we can compare notes on Monday and see how everyone thinks it worked out?

Perhaps it would have been prudent to wait until Monday and then make an assessment based on reality rather than questioning the design concept that was undoubtedly created by professionals with more experience in this area.

JGH, sorry they are dog-piling on you. You can always could on the internet heros who you can tell are not GCC memebers. I have been silver spur for ~ 15 years been going to games for probably 30 years.

What I dont like about the crazy expensive upgrades is none of it improves the fan experience inside the stadium.

You still have the ridiculous concessions lines & screwed up bathrooms. For once in my life I would like to not wait 30 minutes to get a Coke. I used to think that it was like that everywhere until I started going to NFL games and other SEC venues. I remember when I went to LSU I walked right up got my drink and went back to my seat. This was at halftime. I had no concept that was possible.

The upgrades add a nice veneer but I like you see a possibility that it could create some bottle necks. We will have to see how it goes today. Hopefully Tanner is willing to make changes if there are problems.

One thing that would have been great I have said they need to do for years is CLOSE GEORGE ROGERS BVLD to traffic on game day. Let people freely walk across that road. That would make a huge difference. There is no reason they cant do this. Other than people that park around the ETV lot. The could figure out an alternate entrance.

Re: the concessions - give the AD a little more time. Like our 'D' was this year, 'help is on the way'. However, the cost will be at least TWICE as much as the purchase of the Farmers' Market tract and the Springs-Brooks Plaza COMBINED. Included in this makeover will be tearing out the lower decks in the North, South and East stands, new concessions and restrooms and very likely a new sky box tier to mirror the one on the West side of W-B. However, give it TIME. These projects, if approved, are going to be COSTLY!

In the meantime, the AD HAS provided for fan needs in the form of a giant scoreboard, garnet paint trim around the stadium stands and removal of those Gawd-awful advertisements on the outside of the four access ramps. Plus, I believe the seats in the Upper South stands were replaced this simmer - not sure on this one, though.

Re: the concessions - give the AD a little more time. Like our 'D' was this year, 'help is on the way'. However, the cost will be at least TWICE as much as the purchase of the Farmers' Market tract and the Springs-Brooks Plaza COMBINED. Included in this makeover will be tearing out the lower decks in the North, South and East stands, new concessions and restrooms and very likely a new sky box tier to mirror the one on the West side of W-B. However, give it TIME. These projects, if approved, are going to be COSTLY!

In the meantime, the AD HAS provided for fan needs in the form of a giant scoreboard, garnet paint trim around the stadium stands and removal of those Gawd-awful advertisements on the outside of the four access ramps. Plus, I believe the seats in the Upper South stands were replaced this simmer - not sure on this one, though.

+1 On the advertisements on ramps . Everything is nice and improved . Give Tanner some more time . The only 2 things I like to see is an improvements on the restrooms at Willy B and have an access to wi-fi for all the fans .

Cause you know they gotta have whatever Big Brother has.......
+1 On the advertisements on ramps . Everything is nice and improved . Give Tanner some more time . The only 2 things I like to see is an improvements on the restrooms at Willy B and have an access to wi-fi for all the fans .

Saw this morning where Verizon has installed new upgrades to their towers in the area and will have a truck on site to take care of the slow to no connection problems they have had around the stadium on game days.

Not sure about AT&T or the rest of them but at least that's some progress in that department.

I'm gonna try the new GameDay App tonight and see if it works. Hopefully it will do the job and no more radio in my pocket.

WiFi around the stadium would be awesome!

Can we actually have one or two games before we render it a disaster?.........Good grief how some people will go out of their way to find something to moan and complain about....

Based on attendance figures at the CLA parking has not been an issue and I have no idea how a "BIG SUV" takes up anymore space than a Prius when the size of the parking spots are the same.....

Of course we can't wait for an actual game...there are some people in this world that just bitch, bitch, bitch no matter what. I happen to be VERY happy I'm not one of those people. Must be sad.

After hearing so much buzz about the new landscaping and improvements to the stadium I decided to ride out there at lunch to see it before the game tomorrow. I agree that it looks great and is asthetically pleasing, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw it is "how is this going to work"? Most of the space is now gone and contains grass and landscaping. It is as if they built this like a park just for viewing with no thought whatsoever as to how they are going to move people in, out, and around the stadium. The walkways around are tiny and cannot possibly accomodate the mass of humanity that converges on the stadium before and immediately after the games. This project is just like every other one undertaken by this University. They give no thought at all to logistics, only to asthetics. The same is true with all the construction below the Coliseum. Now that they have used the parking lots for more buildings where do they think people will park. It is just amazing that so little thought goes into these massive and very expensive projects.

My advice for those going to the game tomorrow is to leave early and get to the stadium a little earlier than you normally do as this is going to be a huge mess. Also, don't be in a hurry to leave after the game because you aren't likely to go anywhere fast.
There are twice as many gates with the new plaza. Also, gate traffic has been funneled into the largest spaces, unlike before.

Getting in and out of the stadium last night was better than it has ever been for me. With a game going down to the wire and so many people leaving at the same time it was better than even I thought it was going to be.

Great job by the AD on the logistics of this project.

Getting in and out of the stadium last night was better than it has ever been for me. With a game going down to the wire and so many people leaving at the same time it was better than even I thought it was going to be.

Great job by the AD on the logistics of this project.

I was nice not to fight cars going out of Williams Brice . Getting on Key RD in a vehicle took for ever but that was because most fans stayed at the end .

No, but nice try. I have a spot in a gated lot near the stadium. I'm concerned about the foot traffic. I have to walk around the stadium from the east side to get to the west side. Even with the empty spaces and all that room to walk the last couple of years it is quite crowded. I am afraid it is going to revert back to the way it was when we had all those cars parked all around the stadium. We will see tomorrow though. Perhaps we can compare notes on Monday and see how everyone thinks it worked out?
If they keep losing you won't have to worry about it. Fans will be leaving early and/ or not coming at all.

Getting in and out of the stadium last night was the fastest it has ever been. As far as getting out of the parking lots quickly, if you park in a lot next to the stadium it will always take longer to get in and out. I park in the Fairgrounds lot and I zipped right out.

The Springs-Brooks concourse is beautiful, wonderfully-designed and meticulously scaled for the easy-flow and management of several thousands of fans in excess of its current seating. Consultants to the most popular sports and theme park venues in the world were involved in brainstorming, designing and planning its layout ... no, it's not a wide-open Moscow's 'Red Square' but who would want that anyway? Good grief! Once it matures it will be even more impressive, cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and appealing year-round. There are ample entry's and exits, wonderful places to 'step away' from the 'general' pedestrian flow to meet, greet or wait for friends or family - lots of helpful (and attractive, well thought-out) directional signage ... numerous 'unique' and interesting 'extras' inside ... I realize it's primarily a FOOTBALL venue but I'd call it a grand-slam HOME RUN.

Even 'little things' (discrete lighting - hidden speakers, attractive [FUNCTIONAL] waste containers) were carefully chosen. Surfaces where hands will go were sanded and smoothed - colors (and contrasts) were targeted, the dang place is absolutely FIRST CLASS.

Just my $ .02 cents.[/QUOTE
Agree 100%. I sit on east side and what a difference. Great job. Now we need to work on the product on the field.

Reactions: SportsSuites1
What was the deal with not being able to walk straight down the right side of Bluff Road to the stadium? We tailgated a little bit down from Bojangles, and once we got to the condos near WB the crowd just stopped. Cops then directed us to the other side of Bluff Road and then back across but at one point people were all in the road and cops got pissed because we weren't crossing at the crosswalk (in our defense no one knew we had to cross to begin with). It was kind of a mess so was wondering if anyone else got caught up in it.

What was the deal with not being able to walk straight down the right side of Bluff Road to the stadium? We tailgated a little bit down from Bojangles, and once we got to the condos near WB the crowd just stopped. Cops then directed us to the other side of Bluff Road and then back across but at one point people were all in the road and cops got pissed because we weren't crossing at the crosswalk (in our defense no one knew we had to cross to begin with). It was kind of a mess so was wondering if anyone else got caught up in it.
Because once upon a time, some idiot granted Carolina Park a permit that allowed them to put their fence right on top of Bluff Rd, so there is nowhere to walk unless you walk in the street.

Luckily, Bluff Rd is about to be redone with sidewalks and bicycle lanes.

Reactions: 67gamecock
Because once upon a time, some idiot granted Carolina Park a permit that allowed them to put their fence right on top of Bluff Rd, so there is nowhere to walk unless you walk in the street.

Glad to hear it is going to be redone. I was so scared I was going to hit a pedestrian on my way out the other night. People walking all in the far left lane of Bluff and no cops around. And people were walking in the street before you even got to Carolina Park on the way in.

You HAVE to wonder WHY did city, county, and state road officials allow this crap to happen? I think we all know the reasons: money, power. politics, influence, and class arrogance - just to name a few.

I will give SOME credits to the Carolina Park people, however. For years they allowed our football team/staff to cut through their property to and from the locker rooms in W-B on their way to the 'Proving Grounds'.

It was miserable getting home after the game. I really wish they wouldnt send so much traffic down Bluff through Olympia and just let some go down Rosewood and pick head down Assembly.

I found the game day experience outstanding except for the game itself. Best I have ever seen. It was done very well. UK fans said it was incredible. Of course they were in good moods

Thanks for the support, but I'm a big boy. I can handle it. Some people just don't know how to have a civil discussion about differing views. It's kinda sad that there are so many childish people around who are so insecure they feel the need to call people names and be disparaging in a feeble attempt to feel better about themselves. Also, thank you for your long time support of the Gamecocks. We need more like you.

If nothing else though, I am a fair person. I must admit after going to the game Saturday, the Stadium looked GREAT and there were far fewer problems than I thought there might be. One huge thing that helped - that I didn't see on my drive by - was the changes they made inside on the ramp area. They really opened it up with the exits that made exiting the stadium much easier.

Reactions: Rooster Louie
The traffic is bad after the games because the HP patrolmen let lots pedestrians cross at the crosswalks and only let a trickle of cars through before they stop traffic again. They should alternate say let traffic through for 5 mins then let people cross for 5 mins and actually time it.

Some people just don't know how to have a civil discussion about differing views. It's kinda sad that there are so many childish people around who are so insecure they feel the need to call people names and be disparaging in a feeble attempt to feel better about themselves.
It was you that made the disparaging remark first that drew the response you got.

"This project is just like every other one undertaken by this University. They give no thought at all to logistics, only to asthetics."

If you had just made your concerns known about the current project, which many of us still would have disagreed with, you likely wouldn't have drawn the response you did. When you exaggerated, it made you look silly and petty and many fans are tired of that attitude by the very loud minority.

It was you that made the disparaging remark first that drew the response you got.

"This project is just like every other one undertaken by this University. They give no thought at all to logistics, only to asthetics."

If you had just made your concerns known about the current project, which many of us still would have disagreed with, you likely wouldn't have drawn the response you did. When you exaggerated, it made you look silly and petty and many fans are tired of that attitude by the very loud minority.

That is absolutely not true. I never made any disparaging comments directed toward any poster on this board and you know damn good and well I did not. It is one thing to have differing opinions and viewpoints, but it is altogether different to make up lies. If you are going to continue to do that I suggest you refrain from posting at all.

That is absolutely not true. I never made any disparaging comments directed toward any poster on this board and you know damn good and well I did not. It is one thing to have differing opinions and viewpoints, but it is altogether different to make up lies. If you are going to continue to do that I suggest you refrain from posting at all.
Obviously you did. I provided the quote. Amazing that you are still willing to lie about your disparaging comment about USC with the proof sitting right there in my post that you quoted.

Reactions: cockamammy
Obviously you did. I provided the quote. Amazing that you are still willing to lie about your disparaging comment about USC with the proof sitting right there in my post that you quoted.
You pulled out a quote that is most definately NOT a disparaging remark. It was not maligning nor degrading to anyone. I made a comment about a general well known fact in regard to planning at USC. It would have been disparaging if I had named someone and/or villified them. This has been a much discussed topic for dozens of years by many students, faculty, and staff of the University. I personally know a number of employees at the University that have no where to park. Many of them have to walk 4 to 6 blocks regardless of inclement weather to get from their cars to their places of work. This is simply poor planning. Incidently, one of those parking lots is now under construction for a building so that 4 to 6 blocks is now even further for some people.

Put box seats throughout the stadium and lower the field so that lower rows of seating provide a good view of the action. Remove that office building at the north end and build an inside concessions concourse like you see in the NFL stadiums and also at Ole Miss. Add additional seating at that end if it seems advisable. There's a new football building coming anyway so we won't need that football building at the north end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT