ADVERTISEMENT

No Carolina vs Clemson?

The streak takes a brief hiatus! The streak takes a brief hiatus!

Plus Lawrence will leave. Speaking facts here.

They start a new QB in 2021. Gonna be tough enough with the expanded SEC conference slate.

Ray and Will are probably throwing a party.
I think it is very closed minded that the SEC couldn't even leave it open as open going into season. Ky-Lv, GT-Ga, CU-USC, FSU-FL, plus there were like 2 or 3 preseason SEC ACC games that would have happened.

Not playing any out of Conference games give you "Zero" comparison to the strength of conference as a whole

Disappointed. Win or Lose the game must be played. Im sure the 4 SEC East schools pushed hard to maintain the games.

People think I'm crazy, but we are like a step child in the SEC. We really belong in the ACC.
Apparently we were the only one actually pushing to play the OOC game despite UK, UF and UGA all having skin in that game. I don't see why playing a team from Texas or Missouri is ok, but playing a team in state is somehow a huge risk. If we play at all, we should be playing clemson.

Apparently we were the only one actually pushing to play the OOC game despite UK, UF and UGA all having skin in that game. I don't see why playing a team from Texas or Missouri is ok, but playing a team in state is somehow a huge risk. If we play at all, we should be playing clemson.
I'm wondering if it has to do with all SEC teams being held to the same protocols regarding testing, isolation, etc.; whereas, other conferences may not have as strict protocols (if ours, in fact, end up being strict).

IMO, I think it boils down to this. The SEC reminded the ACC that we don't need them to have strong SOS, and that whatever the ACC decides will not dictate our decisions.

Oh goodness- it's probably the best thing that's happened to our program in the last 5 years.

We are a world apart from Clemson right now on the field. Another 30+ point beating won't help us.

it's not- but they had to have a cut-off at some point and be consistent.

I'm wondering if it has to do with all SEC teams being held to the same protocols regarding testing, isolation, etc.; whereas, other conferences may not have as strict protocols (if ours, in fact, end up being strict).

IMO, I think it boils down to this. The SEC reminded the ACC that we don't need them to have strong SOS, and that whatever the ACC decides will not dictate our decisions.
Due to the current state of the football program vs Clemson, I don’t think that would fly

I am greatly disappointed!! Sure they might look a lot better on paper but that is why the game is played. Any given team can win on any given Saturday.

It’s also foolish to think that our schedule will somehow be better without CU. We are adding more SEC games. Say hello to possibly Bama.

Disappointed. As far as I'm concerned, you dont have college football season without a Carolina/Clemson game at the end of it. I acknowledge the cancellation probably saves us a beat-down, but for me, the SEC just declared 2020 to be an exhibition season. It may prove fun to watch, but it doesnt mean anything.

Maybe Muschamp gets a lot lot lot lot lot lot of lucky bounces and goes 10-0 in the SEC, then wins the championship game and we face them in the playoffs. :D

To be honest it would hurt them awfully hard if we bounced them out of the football playoffs. It hurt them like heck for the college world series and just think how much it would hurt for the playoffs since college baseball is a minor sport to them.

I wanted to play this years and take another beating to get Muschamp out the door...

Now the new excuse for Muschamp's losing record in 2020...

COVID19, Playing all SEC teams, can sell ice to Eskimos...

If Alabama or Auburn were in a difference conference, you can bet there would have been a different decision.

Reactions: GCDC1959

I think your last statement says it all.

This is all just a charade
They aren’t playing college football this year.
They keep delaying what we already know.

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT