ADVERTISEMENT

No Fumble Call

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
In the game thread I maintained it was ruled forward progress and I believe it could’ve been ruled forward progress. But I thought the announcers said that it was. Instead they said it could’ve been.

Based on what Muschamp said about that play I’m pretty ticked about it. Again, I believe it smcouldve easily have been forward progress, but the official on the field said that wasn’t the case. Instead the official told Muschamp they were reviewing it like they do every play. If that’s the case it is remarkable this wasn’t reviewed because the ball was clearly out. Clearly! Only way that’s not a fumble or not reviewed should’ve been if forward progress was called.

I’m also disappointed we didn’t challenge the play if that’s the case. I get not using a timeout but we were up 17!!! The timeout shouldn’t have mattered at that point. That was a huge play in the game. Challenge the call.

Again, I think it could’ve been ruled forward progress. But if it wasn’t, then we really got shafted on that play and shatter ourselves by not challenging when they didn’t. It’s one reason replay makes no sense. But in the end, if that’s really what happened, we win the game had they reviewed or we reviewed. And it’s another inexcusable to add to this loss.

Reactions: Mr.Cocky83
We should be concerned as to why our guys look at a fumbled ball instead of jumping on it as well.

In the game thread I maintained it was ruled forward progress and I believe it could’ve been ruled forward progress. But I thought the announcers said that it was. Instead they said it could’ve been.

Based on what Muschamp said about that play I’m pretty ticked about it. Again, I believe it smcouldve easily have been forward progress, but the official on the field said that wasn’t the case. Instead the official told Muschamp they were reviewing it like they do every play. If that’s the case it is remarkable this wasn’t reviewed because the ball was clearly out. Clearly! Only way that’s not a fumble or not reviewed should’ve been if forward progress was called.

I’m also disappointed we didn’t challenge the play if that’s the case. I get not using a timeout but we were up 17!!! The timeout shouldn’t have mattered at that point. That was a huge play in the game. Challenge the call.

Again, I think it could’ve been ruled forward progress. But if it wasn’t, then we really got shafted on that play and shatter ourselves by not challenging when they didn’t. It’s one reason replay makes no sense. But in the end, if that’s really what happened, we win the game had they reviewed or we reviewed. And it’s another inexcusable to add to this loss.
Exactly! You are 100% correct! Horn stripped the ball before the whistle was blown. I watched the replay and recorded it. Anybody who disagrees needs to go to the 1 hour and 41 minute mark of the replay and then watch the play. The play was never reviewed and Muschamp should have challenged it. This is the second time this season that I know of that he should have challenged a critical play and didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT