ADVERTISEMENT

No rematch with College of Charleston or Furman.

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
South Carolina will not play College of Charleston or Furman this season. Damn, I mean DAMN🤬

F4zkub3a0AEvTZN

It is football season and that is all that matters.
To you yes, but I respectfully disagree. I have the ability to care about more than one sport. I’d like to see our men’s basketball team as relevant as our football team. If we have the mindset that it doesn’t matter until football is over, we will always be a dumpster fire in basketball.

To you yes, but I respectfully disagree. I have the ability to care about more than one sport. I’d like to see our men’s basketball team as relevant as our football team. If we have the mindset that it doesn’t matter until football is over, we will always be a dumpster fire in basketball.
Unfortunately our football team isn’t relevant either.

• Wow
Reactions: bayrooster
I disagree with that assessment as well. College Gameday is in Charlotte. We win and we will be a top 20 team by the time we head to Athens. No one finished the regular season hotter. I’m not counting the bowl because bowl games are a matter of opt ins and opt outs.

Reactions: tngamecock#
A team with half a pulse should get at least 10 wins out of this non conference schedule. Unfortunately we will scratch and claw for 6
No doubt about last season had moments where South Carolina hit rock bottom, but that was expected with all the players that transferred when Coach Martin left. I feel like this season South Carolina has brought in some experience players along with high school star Collins Murry Boyles. I like South Carolina's chances better this season compared to last season when they were depending on a 17 year old to help them win games

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
It is football season and that is all that matters.
Yes, I am ready for some football also. Last week I watched parts of the Jacksonville State and Texas El Paso game and most of the Vanderbilt and Hawaii match. I will watch this evening game with Utah and Florida and Minnesota and Nebraska and watch South Carolina's women's soccer match against Elon.

I will say though I like South Carolina's basketball program just as equally as the football program and do not see anything wrong with that.

Speaking of Nebraska they care about volleyball just as much as football Yesterday 92,000 watched a volleyball match.

AA1g16UP.img

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
I think our team will be a little better than last year's team, but I didn't like what I saw offensively last year. No system, no cohesion; it was just grab-bag all the way.
A big part of that is not having a Point Guard. Both Meechie and Jacobi are combo guards in my opinion. They can handle the ball, but both look for their shot before the pass. We haven't really had a good lead guard since PJ left. Without that on-court direction, a kid like GG breaks the offense and forces shots. Further, the only people that had played together on the team were Jacobi and Josh and that was barely. Josh didn't play as much under Martin. We basically threw together a team in the summer and went out and played. All you could hope for is improvement over the course of the season.

Now, we have some continuity with the roster and some pretty good additions. It's not your splashy, five star recruit. However, we have some solid guys coming in that have played a lot of basketball. I am not putting a won-loss record on it yet. I want to see them together for a couple games first, but I believe we will be much more competitive.

Last edited:
Yes, I am ready for some football also. Last week I watched parts of the Jacksonville State and Texas El Paso game and most of the Vanderbilt and Hawaii match. I will watch this evening game with Utah and Florida and Minnesota and Nebraska and watch South Carolina's women's soccer match against Elon.

I will say though I like South Carolina's basketball program just as equally as the football program and do not see anything wrong with that.

Speaking of Nebraska they care about volleyball just as much as football Yesterday 92,000 watched a volleyball match.

AA1g16UP.img
Nebraska had put out the word about setting a world record so I’m sure the attendance was increased for that. To their credit though, it was a paid crowd where tickets were $25 per person. Their volleyball program also has a history of success with several National Championships. They may also want to make a statement about support for womens’ athletics. I wonder how much of that crowd were women though.

The prognosticators seem to think that. UNC loses last four, and we beat the Vols, Tigers and almost the Irish. UNC is favored??? A pickem, maybe? We outplayed UNC by 20 points vs. the Tigers (at Clemson). If Rattler doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder; he doesn't have a pulse. I'm betting that Saturday night will prove that Rattler is better than Maye. Rattler has some damn good targets this year. Juice, Knox, Simon, Legette, Harbor, Brown, Blake and not to mention some more big tight ends. Usually a QB has to search for an open receiver. With this group of WRs and TEs- Rattler can take his pick. If the O Line blocks, the other guys are going to be special. We have some real burners (as far as speed) this year. Not Juice Wells x 1; Juice Wells x 5 (Wells, Knox, Simon, Blake & Harbor). Lookup Wells (all last season), Knox (spring game 10-12 catches), Simon (2 long TDs vs Auburn prior to USC transfer), Harbor (top national class sprinter & 5 star WR) and Omega Blake (pre-season practice delightful surprise as big play WR). Please don't forget Legette, Brown and two or more other excellent TEs. I'm, also, betting on Dakerion firing a few HB passes for big gains this season. My predictions may sound like wishful thinking, but if the O Line blocks- it's a matter of high probability.

Does not mater how great your ability to care is. Does not matter what my or your mindset is either. Watching the teams the coaches put together is all we can do. I hope Beamer gives us a winner this season

Does not mater how great your ability to care is. Does not matter what my or your mindset is either. Watching the teams the coaches put together is all we can do. I hope Beamer gives us a winner this season
Individually no, but collectively yes it does. It’s why some schools have a solid tradition and others lack it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT