ADVERTISEMENT

No way in heck did I think we would win 8 games in regular season this year.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
And just think we have a chance to win nine games for the season. Before the season started I thought we would be hard pressed to win four games.

And regardless of what happens during the rest of the season, in addition to the eight wins, we beat two of our rivals, UT and UF. So, it very much has been a successful season.

And just think we have a chance to win nine games for the season. Before the season started I thought we would be hard pressed to win four games.

And regardless of what happens during the rest of the season, in addition to the eight wins, we beat two of our rivals, UT and UF. So, it very much has been a successful season.
Ditto. Got to give a lot of credit to the defense.

No one knew Tennessee, Florida, Arkansas, and Missouri were dumpster fires.
If Mizz wins tonight, they will be 6-5 and bowl eligible, I wouldn't consider them a dumpster fire. Vandy and Arky left to go 7-5. Put 45 on UF and 50 on Tenn.

When we were a dumpster fire do you think other programs apologized for beating us? No they proudly counted it as a win and went on with their seasons. You play and beat the teams you play, it's as simple as that. I am proud of the team and be damned if I am going to belittle being 8 and 3

When we were a dumpster fire do you think other programs apologized for beating us? No they proudly counted it as a win and went on with their seasons. You play and beat the teams you play, it's as simple as that. I am proud of the team and be damned if I am going to belittle being 8 and 3

AMEN!

I get annoyed by people saying our schedule was so easy. Fine, switch out Arkansas with Alabama.....we are still 7-4 right now with Clemson and a bowl to snag 8 or 9 wins.

Our schedule was easy but we still took care of business more often than not and now we have a very real shot at 9.....possibly 10 wins. Anyway you look at it, it is progress. We aren't title contenders but we are much better than last year......and if it continues we will be contending one day soon.

Reactions: wcocat
There were very few people here or anywhere predicting 8 wins....with or without bowl game....in fact....6 wins was deemed impossible after UK loss.

Reactions: wcocat
I am just glad we got our second win over a team with a winning record. Who cares if that team was Wofford. Now let's go beat those taters.

If Mizz wins tonight, they will be 6-5 and bowl eligible, I wouldn't consider them a dumpster fire. Vandy and Arky left to go 7-5. Put 45 on UF and 50 on Tenn.
mizzouzilla playing well against the all black clad dores

those black magic costumes are a real good luck charm

If we're honest with ourselves, we lucked into a very easy schedule. I'm glad we won 8 games, but the East was really down.

Yeah. We need to appreciate what we have and we are winners this year. 8 times over. Maybe more. I'm glad we won more than we lost.

If we're honest with ourselves, we lucked into a very easy schedule. I'm glad we won 8 games, but the East was really down.
I get the point, but can't fully agree. Let's just take a look at our first 2 wins of the season. Since we picked up wins against NC State and Mizzu, the narrative seems to be "NC State is grossly over-rated and Mizzu is a mess." But what if we had lost to those 2 teams?
If we had lost, both Mizzu and NC State would likely finish their regular seasons as 8- and 9-win teams, respectively, with a possible 10th win in a bowl game. If that had happened, we would be lamenting "we had to start our season with 2 8-10 win teams. Our schedule was too tough!"
So, one could argue that we beat some teams because they are down. But I'll also argue that some teams wouldn't be considered 'down' had they picked up an extra win against us.

Reactions: atl-cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT