ADVERTISEMENT

Now David Beatty transfering

These guys have to know what playing for Frank Martin entails. Why commit if you are not going to work. To many divas in basketball anymore. None want to work or get coached.

Why do you assume Beatty is unwilling to work? Its always easy to blame the student-athlete because can't speak fpr himself. Its also lazy and stupid. And to say “to many divas in basketball anymore” you sound like 14 year old girl. Divas on our basketball team is not a problem in Columbia

LOL....before Martin the program was a dumpster fire, nobody worth a damn wanted this shitty job, SC got lucky when Martin became available...SC is 3 years removed from a 25 win season ( a don't give me this easy schedule crap) and 2 years removed from a Final Four appearance...
..... and some people here want to throw Martin under the bus...

...... Be careful what you wish for, if Martin leaves, odds are very high the SC program will return to the dumpster fire it once was..
With the current roster, absolutely! Horn recruited better players, but couldn't coach 'em.

With that said, Frank isn't just a good coach, he's a good human being and it seems clear that he cares about his players like few other coaches do. His style is off-putting, though. Doubtful we'll return to the highs of the 70's programs, and we'll definitely be much worse without Martin.

My observation is when they were on the court, their game was a whole lot less than SEC caliber. A guard that shoots 25% from the floor is challenged.
That is a misleading stat. Beatty only got 118 shots the whole season. That is around 4 shots a game. Most young players are not going to get into a flow and play with confidence on that small of a sample size.

That is a misleading stat. Beatty only got 118 shots the whole season. That is around 4 shots a game. Most young players are not going to get into a flow and play with confidence on that small of a sample size.

I read elsewhere he shot 25% on FG’s.

That is a misleading start. Beatty only got 118 shots the whole season. That is around 4 shots a game. Most young players are not going to get into a flow and play with confidence on that small of a sample size.
I read elsewhere he shot 25% on FG’s.
That was what I was talking about. Beatty only had 118 FG attempts the whole year. He played in 29 games. That is just over 4 shots a game.

Good golly King. It was two years ago we were in the Final Four with two NBA bound players. Hardly would say we've been waiting awhile for some gamers! Maybe some of our fans are part of that "want it now" generation but by your avatar it doesn't look like you qualify for that younger generation.

Actually it was 13 months ago, not two years........but who's counting:)

That was what I was talking about. Beatty only had 118 FG attempts the whole year. He played in 29 games. That is just over 4 shots a game.
25% is 25%. If you are a pure shooter, you don't need that many shots. Gravett has the same problem.

25% is 25%. If you are a pure shooter, you don't need that many shots. Gravett has the same problem.
Wrong. Too small a sample size. That is how Lonzo Ball had everybody fooled that he could shoot. People said, well he shot 41% from the 3 point line in college. A larger sample size illustrated that he even struggles from the line. Judging a kid with him getting 2 minutes here and 3 minutes there is a recipe for making poor evaluations. For the record, I don't even like small combo guards. Guards under 6-3 need to be able to run an offense. Thus, I thought it was a poor evaluation from the jump. However, the same people that were shouting me down pumping the kid up want to be all over him like he is a bum. Funny, how fandom works sometimes.

This is incredibly concerning to me. Keita, Doumbia, and Beatty were all four stars on ESPN, and now none are on the team. They might have been rough, but clearly they had some upside if recruiting sites thought highly of them. Frank has his style, but it might be time to start adapting to the modern game. Frank can put the scheme together, but at the end of the day it's the players putting the ball in the hoop. When they have no confidence from getting hammered in the huddle, or no energy from intense three hour practices the day before a game, then it might be time to change.

Just my two cents.

Yes, it's way past time to make a change.

With the current roster, absolutely! Horn recruited better players, but couldn't coach 'em.

With that said, Frank isn't just a good coach, he's a good human being and it seems clear that he cares about his players like few other coaches do. His style is off-putting, though. Doubtful we'll return to the highs of the 70's programs, and we'll definitely be much worse without Martin.
Horn had 1 or 2 players that he recruited that could have played on the team we have now. None of the guards would have. There isn't a lot of room on our team for sub-6ft players. Anthony Gill definitely would have played and possibly the forward that transferred out and tried to go to UF and he ended up getting kicked out, Damontre Harris. Just looked him up and it looks like he is playing for a team in Canada called the Windsor Express.

Reactions: HI Cock
Beatty couldn’t beat out Gravett or Meyers. He’s probably being recruited over with this next class.

This guy can't play a lick. No big deal. Make room for hopefully a gamer.

I hate to say it but I agree. This is addition by subtraction. I don't believe it was work ethic. By the way he played when CFM gave him a chance last season . . . he was not going to contribute to the program until his JR or SR season, if ever.

I hate to say it but I agree. This is addition by subtraction. I don't believe it was work ethic. By the way he played when CFM gave him a chance last season . . . he was not going to contribute to the program until his JR or SR season, if ever.
Saying Beatty couldn't play a lick does not make anyone in our program look good. It was either a poor evaluation or an example of giving up too early. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle of those. We are having these set of circumstances happen far too often.

Reactions: rogue cock
LOL....before Martin the program was a dumpster fire, nobody worth a damn wanted this shitty job, SC got lucky when Martin became available...SC is 3 years removed from a 25 win season ( a don't give me this easy schedule crap) and 2 years removed from a Final Four appearance...
..... and some people here want to throw Martin under the bus...

...... Be careful what you wish for, if Martin leaves, odds are very high the SC program will return to the dumpster fire it once was..
Next year it will be 4 years removed from a 25 win season.

Saying Beatty couldn't play a lick does not make anyone in our program look good. It was either a poor evaluation or an example of giving up too early. I believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle of those. We are having these set of circumstances happen far too often.

It's ok to chalk it up to poor evaluation or a lack of patience by the staff; just like it's ok for fans to be honest about player evaluation. If you actually watched the men's team play throughout the season it wasn't difficult to come to certain conclusions about the kid's mindset and effectiveness when given opportunities. I do wholeheartedly agree that these mass exodus post-season stories are becoming stale.

At some point, with this number of people transferring out, I'm beginning to conclude that either Frank Martin isn't doing a good job assessing talent or he has a hard time finding talent that can handle his coaching style.The Final Four year was fun, but it feels more and more like an aberration. I'd like to be wrong, because I like the way Martin talks basketball, but this many transfers? SMH.

First and only time in the FF would be an aberration ;) Here is hoping that Silva stays, Bowen is cleared, and the other recruits coming in are legit ... excited to see the improvement in Manaya next year and the continued improvement of Kotsar ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT