ADVERTISEMENT

Observation from last night's men's bball game re: COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they have. Originally they were the end all being all. Get the jab so we can beat covid and stop the spread! Now it’s, well it won’t keep you from spreading, but it’ll keep you from the hospital. Which is still a lie. I know three people who were fully jabbed and died. I know at least a dozen who have no jab and had the virus and are fine. It’s al a crock of shit at this point. If you want the shot go ahead and take it. If you want a mask wear one. But leave the rest of us the hell alone.
Science is a moving target. Always has been, always will be. We try to do the best with what we have. If you are adamant about not masking up, keep your distance. Equally, if you do mask up religiously, keep your distance as well.

Most importantly, let's try to respect and be nice to each other, and try to accommodate each other as best we can.

Glad you have a strong constitution. Not everybody (including my wife) does.

I am blessed in that regard and its not true for everyone. I hope everything turned out ok. Sincerely I do.
My point was that everyone says that it reduced their symptoms etc. There is no way to measure something like that.
Its great if it did but we will never know.
This entire thread could be a cut and paste of from one of thousands of threads online. The same arguments over and over.
A divided population is easier to manipulate and control. Thats all this is about. Money Power and Control.
I respect anyones decision on vaccines and masks despite my firm belief that its shot is not in my best interest and masks are worthless.
All most are asking in return is the same respect.

Reactions: chief2791
Science is a moving target. Always has been, always will be. We try to do the best with what we have. If you are adamant about not masking up, keep your distance. Equally, if you do mask up religiously, keep your distance as well.

Most importantly, let's try to respect and be nice to each other, and try to accommodate each other as best we can.
Just so happens this moving target keeps moving further and further away from honesty.

The flu was down last year because of the extra sanitation taking place in schools and businesses as well as mask wearing. Flu is transmitted more from surface contamination than droplets in the air. It is back up this year. My daughter works in the lab at MUSC- Columbia and they have seen tons of it since September which is when it normally increases.
So the masks don’t do any good against flu. Yet that’s the thing you and others mention keeping flu down.

Because most doctors unless you're talking about a fruitloop dingus like Mercola say so. Drive away. Oh and watch out for the Jewish lasers 😂
Interesting you go back to doctors. Never had one I trust. Had a neurologist pump my sister full of an Ms drug that did no good. But the doc go $360,000 from the drug company for promoting it. And just tonight got a text from a client who was diagnosed with MS years ago. Just today, after being on Klonopin for decades, she finds out she doesn’t have MS and is two years into having to be weened off that med and it’s causing withdrawals. Doctors are puppets.

Maybe some people want to live normal lives and not be scared every time they leave the house. If you want to live in a bubble, have at it. Just don’t expect the rest of the world to follow. You have a better chance dying in a car wreck, but we drive every day. Stop trying to control how other people live their lives.
You mean those things where we are required to wear seat belts and that are required by law to have air bags? And where we are supposed to drive below a certain speed limit? Those things? Or is that not control?

If you want to wear a mask and get vaccines and boosters, fine. If you don’t, fine by me. We’re supposed to be a free country and haven’t been in 2 yrs. I’m 67, vaxxed, boosted(would have done that regardless) and I’ve never worn a mask outside of work(I have to there) unless a store required it. I’ve been to football and basketball games maskless, plus 2 Rolling Stones concerts maskless. Have been tested many times but stopped doing that(not mandatory). Have not had Covid that I know of. For God’s sake it’s time to let people assume whatever level of risk they are comfortable with and move on with our lives.

Time to move forward and quit wearing mask outside... European countries are now dropping Covid rules and restrictions... And if someone says wear a mask to protect grandma... I think grandma can take care of herself and she can put a mask on if she wants to.

I waked into a doctor's office today without wearing a mask and I didn't have anyone ask me to put a mask on in the two hours in the office.

I just recovered from a week of omicron. Thanks to two vaccinations and a booster I didn't require hospitalization or even a trip to my doctor. The vaccines have never been touted as 100% effective but they'll save your life.
In fairness Fowl, how in the world do you know if that's true? You made it through 2020, but it was by the grace of the vaccine that you survived 2021? There were more deaths in 2021 than 2020 with over 4 billion vaxxed. The numbers for SC have remained steady throughout both years. Glad to hear you're good.

Reactions: chief2791
How do you know that "Thanks to two vaccinations and a booster I didn't require hospitalization or even a trip to my doctor" ?
I just had it and was over it in a few days also. Nothing to it and no shots here.

I'm old and have other health concerns. We know that folks don't react to COVID in the same way. For my healthy wife it was a scratchy throat and I contracted the virus from her. Three weeks after testing negative I still have UR congestion and a bit of brain fog. Thank the good Lord COVID never got to my lungs. A vaccine is like a good insurance policy as we can't predict our fate but any sensible person should know we're better off with it than without. I've lost two friends to COVID who refused the vaccine. I saw an obit in yesterday's paper of someone I once worked with who died of COVID and I doubt she was vaccinated.

Last edited:
I haven't read through this thread but if folks are spreading vaccine misinformation it should/will be closed as is the case with other forms of social media.
If nothing else it helps solidify why SC ranks 48 in terms of education.

If you want to wear a mask and get vaccines and boosters, fine. If you don’t, fine by me. We’re supposed to be a free country and haven’t been in 2 yrs. I’m 67, vaxxed, boosted(would have done that regardless) and I’ve never worn a mask outside of work(I have to there) unless a store required it. I’ve been to football and basketball games maskless, plus 2 Rolling Stones concerts maskless. Have been tested many times but stopped doing that(not mandatory). Have not had Covid that I know of. For God’s sake it’s time to let people assume whatever level of risk they are comfortable with and move on with our lives.
Freedom and responsibility are intertwined.

Reactions: taiwancock
It's a moving target.

Do you trust anybody at all?

When exactly does that trust erode for you?

Do you keep getting boosters two variants old with cases skyrocketing?

Remember 95% safe and effective? That was a lie which they knew the day they said it.

Remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve? It's been 2 years.

Remember when vaccines used to prevent transmission? They changed the definition.

Why are they trying to suppress data in the highest courts? They want 50 years on top of indemnity.

Why attempt to block medications that can help people?

It goes on for days.

Below is Fauci in 2020. Immediately changed his tune when Biden arrived and there's no way he answered any of these questions.

This was always a hope campaign.

Reactions: Cybercock
When exactly does that trust erode for you?

Do you keep getting boosters two variants old with cases skyrocketing?

Remember 95% safe and effective? That was a lie which they knew the day they said it.

Remember 2 weeks to flatten the curve? It's been 2 years.

Remember when vaccines used to prevent transmission? They changed the definition.

Why are they trying to suppress data in the highest courts? They want 50 years on top of indemnity.

Why attempt to block medications that can help people?

It goes on for days.

Below is Fauci in 2020. Immediately changed his tune when Biden arrived and there's no way he answered any of these questions.

This was always a hope campaign.

My trust erodes when someone attacks others who are not like them.

I think the two-week curve-flattening was based on everyone getting vaccinated. Not every unvaccinated person is hateful to pro-vax people. Again, respect those whose opinion differ from yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT