ADVERTISEMENT

OK, first of all I did not go to the game yesterday....watched it on TV....

It looked like a lot of people went home before then end. I simply don't understand that in a game of that closeness.

It looked like a lot of people went home before then end. I simply don't understand that in a game of that closeness.
I was there and noticed a lot of people leaving after we kicked that last field goal and a little over six minutes was left in the game. I commented to the guy beside me that I did not understand why anyone would pay that much money to come to a game and then leave when the game clearly could still go either way.

I was there and noticed a lot of people leaving after we kicked that last field goal and a little over six minutes was left in the game. I commented to the guy beside me that I did not understand why anyone would pay that much money to come to a game and then leave when the game clearly could still go either way.
It's a Gamecock thing, one of the unfortunate features of the Gamecock nation. It happened when I was in school down there.

The BLACK uniforms do not show up well. This is a negative for national exposure and recruiting in my opinion.

I agree with permacock. Absolutely nothing distinctive, whatsoever, about them, especially, during the standard game play views, i.e. made USC players look much smaller than the ECU players.

I'm glad those fans whom have been waiting for the all black uniforms, got a chance to see them. Looks like the coach may keep 'black' as his primary choice of colors.

Perhaps the 'all black' is much more impressive when seen in person. Just doesn't work for me at all, on TV.

I guess they don't have traffic elsewhere.
It is NOT a gamecock thing....fans leave at every stadium when it's 100 degrees in the stands. I left early and we sit in the shade. It had nothing to do with traffic. It was hot as hell in there and I was very uncomfortable and didn't have to be. It was that simple.

Reactions: Tigerof66
It is NOT a gamecock thing....fans leave at every stadium when it's 100 degrees in the stands. I left early and we sit in the shade. It had nothing to do with traffic. It was hot as hell in there and I was very uncomfortable and didn't have to be. It was that simple.
In Columbia, they leave in the daytime. They leave at night. They leave in the middle and "fight, fight, fight".

When it's an afternoon game in Sept. you have to be prepared to tough it out it ain't getting cooler until the sun drops. Most of the defectors were in the upper decks must be because they were closer to the sun huh?

I agree with permacock. Absolutely nothing distinctive, whatsoever, about them, especially, during the standard game play views, i.e. made USC players look much smaller than the ECU players.

I'm glad those fans whom have been waiting for the all black uniforms, got a chance to see them. Looks like the coach may keep 'black' as his primary choice of colors.

Perhaps the 'all black' is much more impressive when seen in person. Just doesn't work for me at all, on TV.

The Gaffney Indians wear all black a lot and over the years it has made them look smaller than opponents, but you know what? It didn't keep them from winning the most State Championships of any school! ;);)

Give me a break. Talk about looking for anything to complain about. Going forward, our equipment manager needs to consult with the OP before any game day jersey decisions are made. "Is this black jersey dark enough for you?" By the way, the black UA jerseys looked great.

Last edited:
It's called living 2 hrs away

True. Also, it really was a hard game to watch. It was hot as hell, we had a non-marquee opponent, and it was a flat out boring game. After an electric first quarter got the fans going nuts, we followed it up with 3 quarters of just trying to hold on for dear life. Gave up heavens knows how many 3rd downs and couldn't get a drive going to save our lives. It was a game tailor made to keep the fans out of it. I stayed the whole game and am happy for a win, but I can't blame anyone for leaving that game early.

Still have a lot of fans who only come to be social and don't give a flip about the game. It's been like this for years unfortunately. Close game, blowout, they leave no matter what!

Reactions: king ward

Dude, you need a new TV. I watched the game and they looked great.

Reactions: Tigerof66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT