ADVERTISEMENT

Okay so let's decide, football this fall or not.

I’m starting to doubt it, at least as to college. Although society accepts that 50% of these guys likely end up with some degree brain damage, the second one guy dies from a virus he may have gotten regardless of football, it’s literally game over. I can’t reconcile that myself, but that seems to be the way it is these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
If they don't stop this insanity and reopen the economy, they'll kill 10 times more people than any virus. Our economy is the lifeblood of the nation. I don't think Trump will go along with this foolishness past the end of April. He knows this is horsecrap. Since December the seasonal flu has killed more people in the USA than Covid has globally.

Yes. All it's going to take is one weak-spined, liberal college president (that should take about 1.5 seconds to find) to say they won't be playing football, and the rest will fall like dominoes.

The liberals are hellbent on stretching this thing out as long as possible, making it as painful as possible and hurting as many people as possible. For that reason, we probably lose football.

Although, oddly, some of the collateral damage will be the liberal media outlet ESPN. No college football will be devastating for their ratings. I'd be ok with that part of it.

If they don't stop this insanity and reopen the economy, they'll kill 10 times more people than any virus. Our economy is the lifeblood of the nation. I don't think Trump will go along with this foolishness past the end of April. He knows this is horsecrap. Since December the seasonal flu has killed more people in the USA than Covid has globally.
I agree but I feel that he has already stepped in it. Getting liberal governors to re-open their states is going to be a huge battle. They would rather keep the populace on the government payroll and drag the economy down in the process. Hope I’m wrong.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky

It's a very tough balancing act. Any decisions made to prioritize the economy will be absolutely savaged by the media as choosing money over lives. But, as you say, destroying the economy hurts FAR more people than the virus will. At some point, they're just going have to decide it isn't worth it.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
If, *IF* it does happen to come back, all it will take is the first team to have a case, and have it spread to others on the team. That will bring the whole house down.
I’m beginning to think that, sadly, we won’t be able to get anywhere near back to normal without a vaccine.

No football this fall.

Don't take my opinion the wrong way - I want football.

But, as was noted, the loony left controls the university system. Although it'll be cutting off its own arm (sports are a huge profit center for networks) the media will scream and cry, too.

Thus, no football.

They would rather fold and get rid of Trump than cave to sensibilities and flourish.

Here's a good example of the type of person I'm referencing:

CreepyAdmirableJoey-size_restricted.gif

Yes. All it's going to take is one weak-spined, liberal college president (that should take about 1.5 seconds to find) to say they won't be playing football, and the rest will fall like dominoes.

The liberals are hellbent on stretching this thing out as long as possible, making it as painful as possible and hurting as many people as possible. For that reason, we probably lose football.

Although, oddly, some of the collateral damage will be the liberal media outlet ESPN. No college football will be devastating for their ratings. I'd be ok with that part of it.
You really drank the kool-aid didn't you Man? This right here. This whole post. You are doing exactly what they want you to do. They put these labels on us, they divide us every way they can. Why? If we are fighting amongst each other over every little tiny thing we aren't paying attention to the massive screw job they have been putting on us regardless of administration. Both sides bend the average person over on a daily basis all while we sit around pulling for our "team" and complaining the other side uses less lubrication.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
I'm holding on to hope there will be it's the American way. Man does not live by bread alone he must have football.

I was thinking it was probable, but the delay in calling SIPs by states like Louisiana, Florida and Alabama is starting to look like it will push the fat end of the curve deeper into the summer. Still hopeful though. Still hoping to see some MLB too.

No way in hell there’s football this year.

If you think differently you’re probably part of the reason it’s gotten to this point.

If you knew your life would end for the sake of the economy, would you sacrifice it?

Since you’re making this political, what’s your take on the strong minded conservative governors issuing stay at home orders?

If we dont get back to somewhat normal by then the only thing people will be worried about is how the are going to feed there children.

Here’s why I say no. We’re not hitting peak until May. It would take several weeks after that to return to any type of normal.

Some say the heat will help. It may but that’s not happening over the entire country at one time. By the time fall hits, unless there is a vaccine produced and distributed throughout the nation by then (which seems very unlikely), then there’s no way they put 100,000 plus people together.

Reactions: Karen50
I'm hoping there is something to the talk about warmer weather killing some of this. I haven't read or heard much about an outbreak in the Caribbean etc.

By the time fall hits, unless there is a vaccine produced and distributed throughout the nation by then (which seems very unlikely), then there’s no way they put 100,000 plus people together.
At best, they have to revamp to some kind of social distancing scheme. Face masks and gloves might be required.
I know it sounds stupid....but it might allow teams to play with fans.
The more real problem is still spreading CV among the players themselves.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
If you knew your life would end for the sake of the economy, would you sacrifice it?
Would you agree to go bankrupt, maybe breakup your marriage, and sock your kids with extra debt to give someone a marginally better chance to live longer? If so, please do regale us with all the large humanitarian aid donations you’ve made in the past.

This is not a one way street.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT