ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma is a 3 point favorite this weekend.

PC31

Apr 30, 2005
Hard to pick this one. Obviously as a Carolina fan I expect us to win but who knows......
The Sooners are 4-2 and 1-2, with losses to UT and UT. They are so good on offense that Carolina is above them in the stats!
ESPN gives us a 35% chance to win this game but honestly it feels like a toss up to me.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Hard to pick this one. Obviously as a Carolina fan I expect us to win but who knows......
The Sooners are 4-2 and 1-2, with losses to UT and UT. They are so good on offense that Carolina is above them in the stats!
ESPN gives us a 35% chance to win this game but honestly it feels like a toss up to me.

We've already proven this season we have the capability to beat an OU team on the road even with inferior talent.

If we can play with the same intensity and focus as last week, we've got a good chance.

If there's an emotional letdown and the back-to-back big away games prove taxing, not so much.

Reactions: PC31
Unfortunately we turn the ball over too much. I see OK winning by 10 points. Although Beamer says we have a good team, his thoughts aren’t reflected in the Win column. Our O-line really sucks.

Reactions: cockofdawn and PC31
Unfortunately we turn the ball over too much. I see OK winning by 10 points. Although Beamer says we have a good team, his thoughts aren’t reflected in the Win column. Our O-line really sucks.
I think Talent wise, this team SHOULD beat OU... However like you said too many STUPID mistakes, Fumbles, Penalties, excessive celebrating, etc to win. I see OU winning 28-24..

Reactions: hahnenkampf
For perspective, below is a comparison of talent on the 4-year lag starting in 2021.

Please note that this does not account for talent walking at the end of each year -- an issue BAMA and OU don't have.

It's Beamer Appreciation Day here at FGF.

Alabama
5-stars - 24
4-stars - 74

OU
5-stars - 5
4-stars - 61
South Carolina
5-stars - 3
4-stars - 27

For perspective, below is a comparison of talent on the 4-year lag starting in 2021.

Please note that this does not account for talent walking at the end of each year -- an issue BAMA and OU don't have.

It's Beamer Appreciation Day here at FGF.

Alabama
5-stars - 24
4-stars - 74

OU
5-stars - 5
4-stars - 61
South Carolina
5-stars - 3
4-stars - 27
Bama does lose talent, especially after Saban retirement. Bond was a huge departure for them.

I think Talent wise, this team SHOULD beat OU... However like you said too many STUPID mistakes, Fumbles, Penalties, excessive celebrating, etc to win. I see OU winning 28-24..
Yep, considering our losses to LSU and ‘Bama were by 3 points or less, a 3- point loss is more likely. We have to find a way to finish these games.

Bama does lose talent, especially after Saban retirement. Bond was a huge departure for them.

Do you believe they lose more talent than we do taking into account the talent we have on the team vs. what they have?

IMO, it's not even close.

We're losing our best players on offense.

The lost of one 5-star is pocket change for Alabama.

Their next man up is better than our first man up.

Do you believe they lose more talent than we do taking into account the talent we have on the team vs. what they have?

This is insanity. Are you Beamers wife or mom or something? WTF?

Reactions: uscwatson21
As a gamecock I expect us to find a way to lose.

No. but at the end of the day you only as good as your record I believe that!

I'm not following. You didn't expect us to be in the game on Saturday. However, you're frustrated that we weren't able to pull it out against a team in their stadium who has been considered one of the two best teams in the country for close to two decades? They haven't lost in their building since 2019.

If we go play in the ACC and are 5-1 today, you would feel better about the team?

Reactions: cockn'fyr

Google it, they lost close to 30 players to the portal.

Google it, they lost close to 30 players to the portal.

Google what? Do you not believe Alabama has exponentially more talent than we do on staff today?

Alabama is not losing their top players on offense with any regularity.

And if they do lose someone like Bond, they've got another 4 or 5 star to take their place immediately off the bench.

Google what? Do you not believe Alabama has exponentially more talent than we do on staff today?

Alabama is not losing their top players on offense with any regularity.

And if they do lose someone like Bond, they've got another 4 or 5 star to take their place immediately off the bench.
Dude, you stated that bama doesn’t have a problem with talent leaving. Wrong. Not contesting anything else you stated.

Reactions: cockn'fyr
I think the game is 50-50. OU has some injuries. They don't know what to do at QB. Their defense is as stout as their offense is pathetic. Good luck.

I like the thought of retaining our recruited talent, it's a must, but I think if you go back and look a the production of players lost/gained in the portal we're on the plus side by a wide margin. Again, Beamer needs to have better retention, but he's used the portal very well IMO! You have to value a players worth and sometimes you're going to have to let them walk to higher bidder, it is what it is!

Per SDS: Oklahoma is at the bottom of the conference rankings — the Sooners rank last in the SEC in total offense, scoring offense, yards per play, rushing offense, passing offense, pass efficiency, 3rd-down conversions, first downs and plays of 20+ yards. With the way our D is playing this should be a low scoring game, our offense is pretty good sans the mistakes.

I like the thought of retaining our recruited talent, it's a must, but I think if you go back and look a the production of players lost/gained in the portal we're on the plus side by a wide margin. Again, Beamer needs to have better retention, but he's used the portal very well IMO! You have to value a players worth and sometimes you're going to have to let them walk to higher bidder, it is what it is!

Per SDS: Oklahoma is at the bottom of the conference rankings — the Sooners rank last in the SEC in total offense, scoring offense, yards per play, rushing offense, passing offense, pass efficiency, 3rd-down conversions, first downs and plays of 20+ yards. With the way our D is playing this should be a low scoring game, our offense is pretty good sans the mistakes.
Mistakes are what makes our offense less than average and have resulted in two losses.

Reactions: cockofdawn
With the way our D is playing this should be a low scoring game, our offense is pretty good sans the mistakes.

By all rational thinking, this should be a very low scoring game based on both defenses.

Have a feeling we should all hammer the over as the under seems too obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT