ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss is a Swing Game

BTMGarnet

Jan 31, 2007
With the team currently sitting at 4-3, the game this Saturday has the makings of a pretty big swing game. Obviously this season hasn't gone the way any of us hoped, however, a win on the road at least guarantees another winning season (provided we beat CHATT & 12/1 opponent). A loss means we're staring 6-6 in the face with the hopes of winning a lackluster bowl game. That's a pretty big difference if you ask me.

Reactions: 67gamecock
I hear you, but we've been saying the same thing for the last 3 weeks.
We pretty much know who we are right now. We CAN run the ball and we CAN'T defend the short pass or tackle very well, especially in the back half of our defense.

As long as receivers catch the ball, we should have no trouble scoring points. The question will be who scores the most?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Losing to KY and having the Marshall game cancelled put us into catch up mode for the year.
Beating Ole Miss would get us almost back on track IMO.
Not quite, but almost.

We pretty much know who we are right now. We CAN run the ball and we CAN'T defend the short pass or tackle very well, especially in the back half of our defense.

As long as receivers catch the ball, we should have no trouble scoring points. The question will be who scores the most?

Ole Miss had three of the best receivers in the country. I think we have a hard time at Ole Miss and will be lucky to win. Because Ole Miss is in the same boat as we are in and this win is just as important to them as it is to us.

We are a .500 team. Could swing either way. A corner needs to be turned in this program sooner than later.

Losing to KY and having the Marshall game cancelled put us into catch up mode for the year.
Beating Ole Miss would get us almost back on track IMO.
Not quite, but almost.
Losing to UK just kept us on our usual schedule. Canceling the Marshall game was the kicker.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Ole Miss had three of the best receivers in the country. I think we have a hard time at Ole Miss and will be lucky to win. Because Ole Miss is in the same boat as we are in and this win is just as important to them as it is to us.

They'll be motivated but they are not in the same boat seeing as how they are still ineligible for postseason play again this year.

We need it bad. Beat Ole Miss, UTC, and Dec 1st game = 7 wins. Florida is not an automatic loss by any stretch.

Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home,
Swing low, sweet chariot,
Coming for to carry me home.
I looked over Jordan, and what did I see
Coming for to carry me home?
A band of angels coming after me,
Sometimes I'm up, and sometimes I'm down,
(Coming for to carry me home)
But still my soul feels heavenly bound.
The brightest day that I can say,
When Jesus washed my sins away.
If I get there before you do,
I'll cut a hole and pull you through.
If you get there before I do,
Tell all my friends I'm coming too.
Swing low, sweet chariot
Coming for to carry me home,
Swing low, sweet chariot,

I thought he said it was a sling game.... that we could watch it on SlingTV...

Swing, sling, schwing....

giphy.gif

A win will give us a 3 game winning streak and tie the series at 8 to 8.

Also we will have a winning record in the conference before Florida game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT