ADVERTISEMENT

OleMiss Game Thread

27-27 at the half. If this is what college football becomes I’ll stop watching. I just don’t find it exciting watching two teams who can’t stop each other. Can’t see how anyone thinks this game is fun to watch.

It took a self inflicted turnover by Ole Miss and a kickoof return for a TD just for SC to be able to be tied at the half. That is pitiful football!

The silver lining is we have played much better defensively in the second half. Let’s hooe that happens today.

27-27 at the half. If this is what college football becomes I’ll stop watching. I just don’t find it exciting watching two teams who can’t stop each other. Can’t see how anyone thinks this game is fun to watch.
Hey broseph...i can admit when im wrong ,damnit we stink and I mean smell foul as hell.We are better than this, at least i thought we were.A long way to go,no excuses

Reactions: Carolina4
Can we please make some defensive adjustments? I know we do not have the talent but there has to be something we could do to at least keep them under 900 yards of total offense. This is embarrassing.

We had a chance to be up 21-3 and took our foot off their throats. How Muschamp can't see that field goals aren't gonna cut it I don't know and makes me question his decision making. He needs to be getting in every damn DB's ass and make them put a hand on the receiver at the line. This 10 yards off the line crap has got me ready to scream! I try to call in and talk to Muschamp on the call in shows and they protect him from anyone who has a real question about his crappy defense and the press won't ask a real question that every single one of us has and that is why is tackling been so bad and why can't we run a 4th and 5 play without the DB's being 10 yards off the line and back peddling.

Reactions: Garnetskies
Well like others have said, we do seem to make pretty good halftime adjustments, one can only hope

We had a chance to be up 21-3 and took our foot off their throats. How Muschamp can't see that field goals aren't gonna cut it I don't know and makes me question his decision making. He needs to be getting in every damn DB's ass and make them put a hand on the receiver at the line. This 10 yards off the line crap has got me ready to scream! I try to call in and talk to Muschamp on the call in shows and they protect him from anyone who has a real question about his crappy defense and the press won't ask a real question that every single one of us has and that is why is tackling been so bad and why can't we run a 4th and 5 play without the DB's being 10 yards off the line and back peddling.

Have to commit to the run inside the 10. We usually throw on 1st down, get 4 running on 2nd leaving 3rd and goal from 5. The 4 yard run was good...we just waste far too many play offensively. Hard to criticize them much today though other than what you are saying and that is this game is obviously going to be a shootout and we need TDs.

Defensively I tried to calm down thinking about it during the half. Even took a $hit which typically makes me feel better. All I can think about now is do I really have to sit through another half of that? Like seriously, I’m torn between turning to another game and watching this one. Obviously I’ll watch us, but I’ve never not wanted to watch us so much. Part of that is the anxiety that comes with this type of game. Can’t enjoy watching us on offense because we have to score every time.

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, we CAN'T play press coverage because we have NO safeties period. Our best Ibe is injured and we have NOTHING behind him. Damn folks this isn't rocket science.

No attempt at clock management at all at the end i if the first half. Piss poor then put it in the Defense. Poor coaching.

Trying to optimistic as we have played better in the 2nd half but this 1st possession is critical = we were outscored 24-13 after being up 14-3 so that concerns me a lot

I’m usually kidding when I say this but today I’m dead serious. We should onside kick every time

That was obvious holding so good start - now dont let them get wide open 30 yards downfield like we did last time we had them in long yardage

Reactions: Carolina4
Obvious hold there. We have to take advantage of penalties. But we’ll give up a big play here for 15-20 yards.

There it was. Missed tackle. No containment. Let’s him get 19 yards. Can’t win like this.

We will have to score on every drive in this half and pray they have a hiccup. Already starting out like crap

Did we not learn anything in the first half - he’s sitting back there with 10 to 15 seconds to throw and there’s no way we can cover them that long - damnit MUSCHAMP DOP WHAT THE F***K YOU GET PAID TO DO!!

I just dont know how you have 8 games worth of film to watch and cannot figure out how to at least slow them down - this is pathetic - they are getting 15 to 20 yards a clip

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME, we CAN'T play press coverage because we have NO safeties period. Our best Ibe is injured and we have NOTHING behind him. Damn folks this isn't rocket science.
You have no choice! Keep doing the same crap which isn't working or you best try something else. Period!! This moving down the field at will sucks and the Ole Miss O is going to run over a 100 plays at this pace. What defense has a chance like that? So yes we can do it but he won't!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT