ADVERTISEMENT

Olivia Nelson-Ododa announces WED

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
DOeU-L2VwAA5lzl.jpg

The 6'5" beauty will choose from among USC, UCONN, Duke and FSU

I have no idea...I like our chances...I thought we'd get Williams...Christyn choosing UCONN made no sense basketball wise...She will be stuck in a glut of highly rated shooting guards and she can't play point...My guesses just don't work when it comes to WBB recruiting

This is a must get in my book. Gotta get a young big post to go along with the 2 other 2 signees would make one of Dawn's better freshman classes since A'ja's class signed. As for why the other chose UCONN - it's pretty simple, go to UCONN you're automatically going to Final Four all four years, but you;re just another good player there. Here, you are treated like royalty and certainly have a chance to go to Final Four several times in your career.

Whoever ends up with her is getting a dang good player and she's a straight A student to boot. I know she's coming back from a knee injury, but from what I've she's the kind of player and person you build a team around.

Hopefully Destanni Henderson has been in her ear and can convince her to come here. Fingers crossed.

UConn or FSU most likely

I bet you FSU finishes a distant 3rd. They are there as courtesy from what I've heard and we're never seriously considerd. I've heard our chances are about 85% , (from a source I trust) my guy says Dawn Staley has had her as her as her top target for the last two years and has pulled out all the stops in an effort to get her.

i dont think she has announced yet!
I know, but if we don't have someone attending, or reporting on it (one of the local recruiting gurus) it usually doesn't bode well. Hence my reaction.

They're busy talking and talking right now - dragging this announcement out - lol!

Well, I won't get too down about this, nor will I get too down about men's basketball recruiting. But I would be lying if I didn't admit: after seeing both men's and women's programs have their most successful seasons ever, it is a disappointment not to see a noticeable up-tick in recruiting. Yes, I still think Dawn and Frank signed good classes, by their recent standards, last year. And Dawn does have a top 10 and top 50 player committed for next year. Frank is still waiting for 2018's 1st commit. In the women's game, it looks like more of the same embarrassment of riches for UCONN, while Baylor, Syracuse, and Maryland really added HUGE classes.

Reactions: cockofdawn
We're not talking about "sometimes".
I beg to differ Dawn's record of getting the good ones is pretty good now she misses one and she can't recruit? She's landed many players other team cried over because they didn't get them. If you're referring to Muschamp you're wrong there too. After just two seasons he made a lot of progress. Not every player dreams of coming to USC.

I beg to differ Dawn's record of getting the good ones is pretty good now she misses one and she can't recruit? She's landed many players other team cried over because they didn't get them. If you're referring to Muschamp you're wrong there too. After just two seasons he made a lot of progress. Not every player dreams of coming to USC.
No one is saying she has never brought in some good ones because she has. The level of what has been brought in this year is disproportionate to the kind of year we had last year.

I just don't understand. She is from Ga, and is going to play in Conn. How many games will her family see? Seems like that would have been a big factor.

Not good. On the bright side, she'll probably end up transferring here in a couple of years.

Reactions: msc1992
I cannot say I am shocked. UConn was sitting up there with only one commitment. I was afraid they already had her in a silent commit.

I have to agree that WBB and MBB have not had the big bounce I was expecting. I think our coaches are honest and play by the rules. Maybe not so much for the competition.

Reactions: 92Pony
No one is saying she has never brought in some good ones because she has. The level of what has been brought in this year is disproportionate to the kind of year we had last year.
So what? That was last year. I don't know what kind or work you do (did) but did you get every thing you wanted of did some things come up short. Do you always get what you want when you want it. Don't lie I have people watching you.;)

Reactions: 3puttbogeyman
So what? That was last year. I don't know what kind or work you do (did) but did you get every thing you wanted of did some things come up short. Do you always get what you want when you want it. Don't lie I have people watching you.;)
I expect the reigning national champions to come up better in recruiting than we have. If you don't expect that, then enjoy expecting less.

I expect the reigning national champions to come up better in recruiting than we have. If you don't expect that, then enjoy expecting less.
You didn't answer me. You are living in "unreal land" and really expect far too much from the real world. If you can nail them all then I'll email Ray and tell him you're available. That is if I every took your expectations seriously and I don't. I'm sure you are not really that naive. BEAT WOFFORD.

Reactions: 01fatboy
Let me put this in some perspective. Geno Auriema is the greatest coach in college basketball. EVER!! Over the last 10 years..... 10 final fours 6 national championships 365-15 record....... the 14 years before that he was ONLY 459-43 with 5 national championships. 824-58 a .934 winning percentage over 24 years. That is who we lost two top five recruits to. That is who we want to be

Let me put this in some perspective. Geno Auriema is the greatest coach in college basketball. EVER!! Over the last 10 years..... 10 final fours 6 national championships 365-15 record....... the 14 years before that he was ONLY 459-43 with 5 national championships. 824-58 a .934 winning percentage over 24 years. That is who we lost two top five recruits to. That is who we want to be
Right. He didn't get there by missing recruits we are trying to get there. Dawn will get there too eventually.

You didn't answer me. You are living in "unreal land" and really expect far too much from the real world. If you can nail them all then I'll email Ray and tell him you're available. That is if I every took your expectations seriously and I don't. I'm sure you are not really that naive. BEAT WOFFORD.
You asked a question about me. None of this is about me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT