ADVERTISEMENT

Opening Day!!!

images

Excited to see some swings. If it's anything like the past few years, they will look pretty good right out the gate. Then it becomes a matter of maintaining them. Excited to see what we try to do situationally as well. Man I love this time of year

Reactions: Jbouton2
Looks like we're in for another year of Kip telling us what he would do.

Yeah that doesnt look cheap at all.
If you had read the release on the televised games you would know there are a select few games (7) early in the season that are single camera angle games. It won’t be like this later in the year

Yep. Dallas is correct. I didn’t see the PR but It’s been the same for a few years now.

If you had read the release on the televised games you would know there are a select few games (7) early in the season that are single camera angle games. It won’t be like this later in the year
I got that. Same as last year. And after our big win I tuned in to the coastal game and they have countless cameras at their field and I'm pretty sure they are still playing basketball

Last edited:
Well things were going swimmingly, then we realized that we were the Gamecocks, and had to have some Gamecock-ness in how the game should end. So the 6-1 game became the 9-3 game became the 9-7 game in the bottom 9th with 2 outs and 2 UNC Greensboro men on base, and the winning run (for them) stepping to the plate.

But we induce the ground-out to end the game. Gamecocks win 9-7.

The season has truly begun....

Well things were going swimmingly, then we realized that we were the Gamecocks, and had to have some Gamecock-ness in how the game should end. So the 6-1 game became the 9-3 game became the 9-7 game in the bottom 9th with 2 outs and 2 UNC Greensboro men on base, and the winning run (for them) stepping to the plate.

But we induce the ground-out to end the game. Gamecocks win 9-7.

The season has truly begun....
Better than Arkansas..

I got that. Same as last year. And after our big win I tuned in to the coastal game and they have countless cameras at their field and I'm pretty sure they are still playing basketball
Exactly. With our Broadcast Journalism and Media Arts departments combined with all that SEC money we love to brag about, there's no good reason we can't do better than one skycam angle.

It's an embarrassment.

Broadcast take up resources not just physical equipment but people too. Let’s see, there are multiple sports being broadcast by SC on any given day, not just baseball & basketball. For example Saturday is both baseball & basketball. But on Sunday it’s baseball, women’s basketball , & women’s tennis. I’m sure the softball game would be too, if we were playing at home, but unfortunately we play at Coastal which won’t be broadcasting the game. By the same token Coastal on Saturday has baseball, softball, women’s tennis, women’s basketball, & men’s basketball. But the only sports being broadcast are the women’s basketball & baseball. But, for the women’s broadcast you’d have to sign up for ESPN+ at $6.99 /month to see it.

Broadcast take up resources not just physical equipment but people too. Let’s see, there are multiple sports being broadcast by SC on any given day, not just baseball & basketball. For example Saturday is both baseball & basketball. But on Sunday it’s baseball, women’s basketball , & women’s tennis. I’m sure the softball game would be too, if we were playing at home, but unfortunately we play at Coastal which won’t be broadcasting the game. By the same token Coastal on Saturday has baseball, softball, women’s tennis, women’s basketball, & men’s basketball. But the only sports being broadcast are the women’s basketball & baseball. But, for the women’s broadcast you’d have to sign up for ESPN+ at $6.99 /month to see it.
Ok I'll buy that. Still doesnt change the fact it's not a good look for a big three sport at a major university. As I was alluding to in my original post, looks cheap. Doesnt matter the excuse.
For me personally this was a pretty big deal. I spent most of my adult life coaching. Hitting more than anything else. Guess I'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I get to see what we are actually doing at the plate. That was a disapointment.

Last edited:
Ok I'll buy that. Still doesnt change the fact it's not a good look for a big three sport at a major university. As I was alluding to in my original post, looks cheap. Doesnt matter the excuse.
For me personally this was a pretty big deal. I spent most of my adult life coaching. Hitting more than anything else. Guess I'll have to wait another couple of weeks before I get to see what we are actually doing at the plate. That was a disapointment.

I understand your disappointment. I too would like to have multiple angles, close up shots, and on screen graphics. But, unfortunately early season games, non conference, and multiple events predicate what we see. Heck, I was more disappointed in the sound quality of the game. It seemed the on field noise level was set too high bleeding over the commentary. Living out of state I’m just thankful I get a broadcast of the games. Wasn’t too many years ago where I had to search the internet to find a streaming broadcast of the games. I remember when I first started following Gamecock baseball I was lucky if the atmosphere was aligned to allow me to pick up an AM radio broadcast of the games in my Dad’s car radio. My point, sometimes it seems we become too spoiled to appreciate what we do have.

Attendance should be high for the underage drinking crowd! I would have loved it during my time. I was amazed at how many people we saw. Back in the day we had to find fake ID etc. Made the heckling I heard funny at times 🤣.

Reactions: bucketdad
So, that's a no on volunteering to assist on days of games to assist in helping the broadcasting teams?

My point, sometimes it seems we become too spoiled to appreciate what we do have.

If I am the university, I am not trying to supply the best video experience in the world to fans. I want them in the stands- I want the game sold out - weeks before to drive up the excitement level.

I remember the days where they'd stream a game online and the camera was terrible and the audio was awful and folks like me were thrilled to be able to see the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT