ADVERTISEMENT

OSU = Clemson for example.

ConKreteCock

Oct 11, 2008
Granted, the Luckeye's have had a bad night. They ran into a buzz saw tonight. I'll grant that.

But the argument is the exact same. Take OSU and drop them in the SEC East or West and they win 9 games, tops. They simply play a cream puff schedule year in and year out. They only play about 3 to 4 decent to good teams per year. That's a mind field that's pretty easily navigated......and they still can't do it. You honestly think they could handle an SEC schedule and still be relevant? I don't buy it.

Seeing how Mizzou beat Purdue in week 3, the SEC is looking stronger every week with Bama on a level no team can touch....

Granted, the Luckeye's have had a bad night. They ran into a buzz saw tonight. I'll grant that.

But the argument is the exact same. Take OSU and drop them in the SEC East or West and they win 9 games, tops. They simply play a cream puff schedule year in and year out. They only play about 3 to 4 decent to good teams per year. That's a mind field that's pretty easily navigated......and they still can't do it. You honestly think they could handle an SEC schedule and still be relevant? I don't buy it.

Didn't Urban coach in the SEC East already?

How did that go?

Asking for a delusional friend.

Do I think they could play Mizzou, UK, Vandy, Arkansas, Florida, The Mississippis and Us and come away with a few OOC wins? Yes. Yes I do as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow.

If Alabama had to go to actually go on the road to Columbus in late November, I think they would get stroked personally.

Do I think they could play Mizzou, UK, Vandy, Arkansas, Florida, The Mississippis and Us and come away with a few OOC wins? Yes. Yes I do as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow.

If Alabama had to go to actually go on the road to Columbus in late November, I think they would get stroked personally.
then you would personally be wrong. Purdue just drug Ohio state and this might be saban's best team yet

Reactions: ConKreteCock
Do you actually believe quempsum and OSU could go into the real Death Valley, Bama, UGA, UF and even some of the other not so great SEC schools and win week-in and week-out.

Yes yes I do. Clemson would be no less than a one loss team in the sec east. Do I like it? Heck no but it does not change anything. We have very few players in positions that are better than theirs . And depth you can’t even talk about but that is not champs fault. We sold out soul to the devil when spurrier cane her.

Reactions: Aoq
Everyone knows that at the end of the season Clemson is not much better than anyone in tne SEC, if at all

What everyone knows is that Clem$on is a fraud and plays a pansy ass schedule and still manages to lose at least one in conference game via "Clemsoning" a game away 9 out of 10 times. Nothing more.

Do you actually believe quempsum and OSU could go into the real Death Valley, Bama, UGA, UF and even some of the other not so great SEC schools and win week-in and week-out.

Dude nobody plays on the road at LSU Bama Florida and Georgia week in and week out. Your sec elite teams still play some combination of Vandy, Kentucky, Arkansas, ole miss, South Carolina, missourri, Tennessee, mississippi state and auburn who are all mediocre. At most the sec elite have 2 difficult sec games. Clemson would be vying for the sec east every year and be playing for sec championships most years if it played your schedule.

Nobody seemed to be complaining 2 years ago when it was alabama and the 15 dwarfs. Only a few teams can be consistently elite year in and out. The rest of the programs are cyclical. Right now only alabama and Clemson are consistently elite. Ohio state is close and had they been to playoffs last year they would be in convo.

Every year clemson has been to playoffs it has belonged. 2015, 16 and 17. There’s no shame in getting beat by alabama, if so the entire SEC should be ashamed.

What everyone knows is that Clem$on is a fraud and plays a pansy ass schedule and still manages to lose at least one in conference game via "Clemsoning" a game away 9 out of 10 times. Nothing more.

Say why you want, but every elite team loses one game a year that it shouldn’t. It why there have been no undefeated national champions in CFP era.

Reactions: ecrumpton

Cocks have bad season, FGF posters drone on about how great the SEC is...as predictable as the sunrise.

Dude, Ohio State couldn't beat us whenever we played them. They're one of the most overrated programs of all-time. They live off of hype.

OSU has never beaten a team from SC ... Clemson or USC. To the best if my recollection, Clemson has beaten them 3 times in bowl games, and USC beat them 2x in back to back years in the Outback Bowl.

There’s a pretty large contingent of OSU fans that live on Sea Pines in Hilton Head. A buddy of mine who also lives there is always talking about how they are so intolerably obnoxious. I reminded him that they’re 0-5 against teams from SC, so until they actually win a game vs teams from SC, they just need to shut up!

latest

Reactions: Cockopotamus

I never understand this line of thinking. How many decent teams do we play every year? More than 3 or 4? Clemson, UGA and who? Florida maybe. Then who else? We haven't played Auburn, LSU and Bama in years.

They were strong early and for as long as Tebow was there. Once Tebow graduated they declined and Urban left for "health reasons"
Tebow’s senior year wasn’t great because Dan Mullen left. Urban rode Mullen until he left and then had his “health issues”.

Conference schedules are always easier for the top team. If you're Vanderbilt, the SEC East seems a lot harder than if you're Georgia. The reason is because you don't get to/have to play yourself. Georgia gets to avoid playing Georgia because it is Georgia. And Georgia gets to play Vanderbilt. Georgia gets one more sure win and avoids a loss simply by being Georgia and not Vanderbilt.

Conversely, Vanderbilt has to play Georgia and gets a sure loss. And Vanderbilt can't play itself, a team it would have a shot at beating. There goes a chance at a hard-to-come-by conference win.

In the ACC Atlantic, same thing. Historically, NC State's schedule looks harder than Florida State's because it has to play both FSU and Clemson where FSU only has to play Clemson and NC State.

Reactions: FJRTiger

Stupid thread is stupid.

Agreed Cockopotamus. The quote I put above yours from this thread sums this $h!z up pretty nice. Sour grapes are getting MORE sour as this thread continues.

Out of all things to call the taters, why do some grown men on here choose to use the word "quempsum" or a variation like that. It makes you look like a child and it's stupid. Can't stand listening to that word on here, makes us all look dumb.

Reactions: 3rdFloorDouglas1996
Conference schedules are always easier for the top team. If you're Vanderbilt, the SEC East seems a lot harder than if you're Georgia. The reason is because you don't get to/have to play yourself. Georgia gets to avoid playing Georgia because it is Georgia. And Georgia gets to play Vanderbilt. Georgia gets one more sure win and avoids a loss simply by being Georgia and not Vanderbilt.

Conversely, Vanderbilt has to play Georgia and gets a sure loss. And Vanderbilt can't play itself, a team it would have a shot at beating. There goes a chance at a hard-to-come-by conference win.

In the ACC Atlantic, same thing. Historically, NC State's schedule looks harder than Florida State's because it has to play both FSU and Clemson where FSU only has to play Clemson and NC State.

Brevity please. You used way too many sentences that convey the same idea.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT