ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Anthony Bourdain has been found dead in his hotel room...

Sad but never understood this guy's appeal and how he kept getting tv shows. Mike Rowe is another one.

His episode in Charleston with Bill Murray and eventually trying waffle house was really good and funny

Reactions: roosterbell
His episode in Charleston with Bill Murray and eventually trying waffle house was really good and funny

That episode was hilarious. They were both Wasted too . I spent many a late night in that exact same Waffle House in Charleston . Smothered , Covered , Chunked . Sad , He seemed like a pretty cool
Guy . Just shows you that Money and Fame can’t guarantee happiness . Didn’t Kate Spade hang herself earlier this week ?? Crazy

Never heard of him. But all suicide is sad.
Yep, just got through watching The Hours, and you just never know what people are going through. Makes me put a smile on and treat every person I come in contact with with respect, it's just not that hard to do!

Reactions: Cybercock
You just never know about people. Most would have thought he was living the ultimate dream, Traveling all over the world, experiencing new places, new foods, immersing himself in local cultures.
Always sad to hear when someone thinks they are so overwhelmed or isolated that they feel they can't overcome their personal demons
You never truly know what's going on behind the scenes in someone's life. This one is a real shocker to me. He really seemed to be doing exactly what he was born to do and was seemingly such a care free person.

Sad but never understood this guy's appeal and how he kept getting tv shows. Mike Rowe is another one.
I'm with you. His attitude alone rubbed me the wrong way. But he seemed to be his own man and did things his way. Nevertheless, a sad ending for a man who lived life on his terms.

I really enjoyed his shows (I liked No Reservations better than Parts Unknown), his sophisticated humor and willingness to share his experiences.

He had great shows. If you like food and travel definitely check out anything he was involved with. He was a little "edgy" but he made the most authentic travel shows I've seen; seemed to find the "real" spots and people

I really enjoyed his shows (I liked No Reservations better than Parts Unknown), his sophisticated humor and willingness to share his experiences.
I saw a few of No Reservations episodes. If you want to learn about different cultures it was informative. Having beer and wine with foreigners in every show and trying to act suave just got old for me and the liberal rants off air. When the mainstream press found out he dined with Obama in Vietnam it was like some legendary get together.

Prayers to him & his loved ones. No one & I mean NO ONE understands how devastating suicide is to family members who lose a loved one in this manner unless you have experienced such a loss.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT