ADVERTISEMENT

OT, any cigar smokers?

What are you looking to spend? JR runs some pretty good deals constantly, I usually go medium to heavy, so El Rey del Mundo's and La Gloria Cubana's do the trick and you can never go wrong with Romeo Y Julieta 1875's! Olivia and Alec Bradley make some good smokes that are fairly reasonable! They also have a Nicaraguan Overrun nude bundle that they run deals on every month or two that is a really good strong cigar at a great price for an everyday smoke.

Some good ones listed here. I would add a few others:

Ghurka
Monte Cristo (White label, for me)
CAO Brazilia or Cameroons
Man O' War (Literally any of them, but can be hard to find except for online.)

Lots of good ones out there, these are just the ones I find myself seeking out.

Any recommendations or preferences?

Arturo Fuente’ Hemingway collection. They are sized by the time it takes to smoke them. Short Story, Signature and Master piece. They are mild with good flavor. Long time cigar smokers like them as well as beginners.

For real good all around it’s Partagas # 10 but my favorite of all time is illegal. The #5 ring, 5.5 Bolivar. is made in Cuba. Hard to get around here.

An inexpensive cigar that's fun to give away during football games...

cs-fka_zpszljsjyib.jpg

Just bought a Don Tomas Thighman
Enjoy, my friend!

Many years ago, mid-80's, when cigars, cigar bars, yada yada, were becoming the thing, I was in an extremely large, walk-in humidor in Sunrise, Fl. I heard a customer ask if they handled Don Tomas. I was standing directly in front of them so, I called him over. Started to chat and he told me that, when his father, a cigar maker, in Cuba, fled to the U.S., the only cigar he would ever purchase was Don Tomas. My choice since.

Enjoy, my friend!

Many years ago, mid-80's, when cigars, cigar bars, yada yada, were becoming the thing, I was in an extremely large, walk-in humidor in Sunrise, Fl. I heard a customer ask if they handled Don Tomas. I was standing directly in front of them so, I called him over. Started to chat and he told me that, when his father, a cigar maker, in Cuba, fled to the U.S., the only cigar he would ever purchase was Don Tomas. My choice since.
I'm gonna fire it up in the garage this evening.

I’m not a big smoker but I could go for one right now while this US Open is on.

Agree. I love a good cigar, but I don't want that smell in my house. Especially with a young son with asthma.

Believe you me, as someone who has asthma, you don't want to smoke a cigar around your son with asthma. that can be horrifying for him.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I see someone chopping on a cigar or have a cigarrette in their mouth while carrying a baby around.

Lol, I grew up sitting on my dad's lap while he smoked a cigarette. Surprised I survived.

Lol, I grew up sitting on my dad's lap while he smoked a cigarette. Surprised I survived.
Me too, with my mom's cigarettes. But that was back in the day. Today, we know better. Many studies directly link cigar/cigarette smoke with SIDS, among other powders and strong scented items.

It was probably because my son was born with collapsed lungs and had to spend the 1st week of his life in the NICU that I'm a little sensitive about it. OK, off my soapbox now. :)

A question about cigar smoking. I use to smoke cigarettes many years ago, and fortunately I quit that horrible habit in 1979. But I never smoked cigars on a routine basis. This is my question, when one smokes a cigar does one inhale the cigar like a cigarette? Because if one doesn't inhale the cigar it would appear to me, and I'm sure that is not the case, all cigars would taste the same. Because when I use to smoke cigarettes if I didn't in hale I couldn't tell that much difference between brands.

For those who smoke cigars....how would you describe your ideal smoking atmosphere?

I seem to enjoy cigars more as a social thing. When I have tried smoking alone, it seems forced. In other words, I enjoy it more when it is secondary to another activity (conversation, at bar, traveling, etc.).

How do you "set the mood" so to speak so that it doesn't seem like yet another mundane part of your day?

A question about cigar smoking. I use to smoke cigarettes many years ago, and fortunately I quit that horrible habit in 1979. But I never smoked cigars on a routine basis. This is my question, when one smokes a cigar does one inhale the cigar like a cigarette? Because if one doesn't inhale the cigar it would appear to me, and I'm sure that is not the case, all cigars would taste the same. Because when I use to smoke cigarettes if I didn't in hale I couldn't tell that much difference between brands.
Not sure about the other Freddie, but there is not much inhaling when I smoke cigars, it’s just too strong for me, maybe just a touch after you blow out most of the smoke, but definitely get the taste and can tell the difference in a fine cigar! I guess you could inhale some of the milder ones, but that’s why I quit smoking cigarettes and might smoke 2 or 3 cigars a month!

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I’m going to do a little marketing. Hope that’s ok. If any of you folks are in the upstate and want to get rid of cigarette or cigar odor at your property, I can help.

Me too, with my mom's cigarettes. But that was back in the day. Today, we know better. Many studies directly link cigar/cigarette smoke with SIDS, among other powders and strong scented items.

It was probably because my son was born with collapsed lungs and had to spend the 1st week of his life in the NICU that I'm a little sensitive about it. OK, off my soapbox now. :)
Never get off your soapbox. Stay vigilant and keep protecting your son. It is a wonderful trait and never be ashamed to use it.

Great replies in here. Haven't had one in a very long time, but I do have a humidor full - I keep an eye on it to make sure humidity is good as they will not only last but get better over time under the right conditions. I used to get mine mostly from cigar.com, even was on a direct email list from a rep and seem to have overbought lol

The cool thing about cigars is that there's so much to try, you don't have to ever have the same thing twice if you don't want to. Having said that, I always liked Ashtons, Padron, Montecristo white label, CAO maduro and cameroon, Arturo Fuente and Casa Torano among others.

Enjoy, my friend!

Hey Thigh Man I bought another Don Tomas tonight after work,currently enjoying it on the front porch.

I’ve always been taught inhaling a cigar is much worse than inhaling a cigarette because thereby is no filter. There are definitely different tastes, as well as smells. I’ve always thought they smelled about 100 times better than tasted. I enjoy them the evening I have them...though some of the larger slow-burning ones I get tired of. But always the morning after I wish I hadn’t smoked it. Especially when I take a sip of Listerine. I swear the gov’t should use that as a torturing tactic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT