ADVERTISEMENT

I saw baseball ranked at #19

Sometimes an early season slap-in-da-face can be a good wake up call. Don't need any more though.

I wish we played a step up in competition before we played Clemson each year to give the team a a taste of a bit higher level baseball.

I realize even the lesser teams can have a good 1st day starter. But by Sunday, those teams are usually spent bad on pitching.

No reason we couldn't open the season against a Ga. Tech or a Duke or maybe even a Ga. Southern for a weekend.

or least play them in the 2nd weekend before we play Clemson the 3rd weekend.

Rankings are meaningless. Just more evidence provided this weekend.

The season and winning games is what will matter, not a ranking.

Lol, looks like we may relegated to “moral victories” under this coach again. Only losing by one!! Could be a long season..😒

Well, we just got b!tch-slapped two more times.
Sorry, I didn't do it correctly but, I was attempting to respond to both King Ward and Cockofdawn with the same comment.

C'mon guys .... THIS is baseball. 1-0 games, 15-0 games, 21-20 games and everything else in between.

The 1927 Yankees, considered by many the greatest ballclub in the history of baseball, longest winning streak was only 9 games that year. They also had a 4 game losing streak. Granted, that only happened once all season but, my point is that it's too early to throw in the towel.

The 1998 Yankees (Another G.O.A.T. @ 114-48) started that season at 1-4. Way too small a percentile to predict them winning 125 games (including playoffs and sweeping the World Series).

Either way, you are RIGHT. It's going to be a long season.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't do it correctly but, I was attempting to respond to both King Ward and Cockofdawn with the same comment.

C'mon guys .... THIS is baseball. 1-0 games, 15-0 games, 21-20 games and everything else in between.

The 1927 Yankees, considered by many the greatest ballclub in the history of baseball, longest winning streak was only 9 games that year. They also had a 4 game losing streak. Granted, that only happened once all season but, my point is that it's too early to throw in the towel.

The 1998 Yankees (Another G.O.A.T. @ 114-48) started that season at 1-4. Way too small a percentile to predict them winning 125 games (including playoffs and sweeping the World Series).

Either way, you are RIGHT. It's going to be a long season.
Lets see tonight, Not real "Positive" about hitting, But it is the Citadel's Mid Week Pitcher, Pitching on this squad looks Serviceable, however, defense and clutch hitting isnt there. We'll see as the season progresses, just not looking like the Old Gamecock baseball teams. Holbrook (IMO) HAS to do something this YEAR!! (losing to Taters isnt a good start). I know I know You see Rainbows and Unicorns, so good for you!!

just not looking like the Old Gamecock baseball teams. Holbrook (IMO) HAS to do something this YEAR!! (losing to Taters isnt a good start). I know I know You see Rainbows and Unicorns, so good for you!!
I do not understand the Holbrook comment at all. You do realize that he hasn't been our coach for years, right? ...... RIGHT???

Rainboobs and UniHorns??? No, not at all. Although, I'll admit that Boobs in the rain are a gift from the Creator, the two examples I included were meant to point out that it's too God Damn early to tell a MFKing thing about this team and if YOU can't understand that, YOU don't know your own testicles from a baseball.

GO NADS!!! (I'll wager that you don't understand that either)

P.S. By-the-way .... we are currently 8-3, having lost 2 games ....by 1 run ... to the #10 ranked team.
Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ that we do not make the play-offs ... or I will be on your sorry, small town, South Carolina, ignorant ass, EVERY POST, until we are eliminated. YOU JUST GOT WHAT YOU WISHED FOR ...... Someone to set your ignorant ass straight!!!

Last edited:
I do not understand the Holbrook comment at all. You do realize that he hasn't been our coach for years, right? ...... RIGHT???

Rainboobs and UniHorns??? No, not at all. Although, I'll admit that Boobs in the rain are a gift from the Creator, the two examples I included were meant to point out that it's too God Damn early to tell a MFKing thing about this team and if YOU can't understand that, YOU don't know your own testicles from a baseball.

P.S. By-the-way .... we are currently 8-3, having lost 2 games ....by 1 run ... to the #10 ranked team.
Pray to the Lord Jesus Christ that we do not make the play-offs ... or I will be on your sorry, small town, South Carolina, ignorant ass, EVERY POST, until we are eliminated. YOU JUST GOT WHAT YOU WISHED FOR ...... Someone to set your ignorant ass straight!!!
Roflmao, I love you SFC, but this team outhit Citadel’s mid week pitching 8-7 yippee!! And Holbroken, has proven nothing to me and most SC baseball fans. Again if you see something I don’t, I am sorry. You say 8-3, look at those wins. Not real SEC caliber teams!!

And by the way. No reason to start name calling. Is that all you got??

And by the way. No reason to start name calling. Is that all you got??

Dude!, I would agree 100%, cept I wasn't name calling anywhere. And, if I did somehow slip up, I sure didn't mean to. Oh! oh! o!!!, I think I see where you were coming from ... SORRY!!. To me, name calling refers to both, liar & coward only .... hoping for a physical response.

I stand corrected, ask your forgiveness and promise I will watch my "IGNORANT" mouth, more carefully, in the future. Sincerely, I am SORRY!

Dude!, I would agree 100%, cept I wasn't name calling anywhere. And, if I did somehow slip up, I sure didn't mean to. Oh! oh! o!!!, I think I see where you were coming from ... SORRY!!. To me, name calling refers to both, liar & coward only .... hoping for a physical response.

I stand corrected, ask your forgiveness and promise I will watch my "IGNORANT" mouth, more carefully, in the future. Sincerely, I am SORRY!
small town ignorant ass is a compliment?? OK!! GTH!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT