ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Movies From the 80’s

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
I love 80’s movies, especially the comedies. They were just creative scripts that didn’t have to be so raunchy to get a laugh.

I love Revenge of the Nerds (ok so this one is kind of raunchy) and, believe it or not, just watched The Breakfast Club for the first time recently. Never expected it to be so dramatic near the end.

What are some other 80’s classics?

Heathers_%281989%29.png

Reactions: bayrooster
I grew up in the 80s. So many great memories. Too many great songs and movies to choose from. I was listening to 80s music this morning in fact.

Some great movies:
The Goonies
Empire strikes back
Return of the Jedi
Aliens
Romancing the Stone
Fletch/Fletch 2
Die Hard
Schwarzenegger movies
Karate Kid
The Burbs
War Games
Short Circuit
Three Amigos
National Lampoons vacation
Adventures in Babysitting
Top Gun
Blade Runner
First Blood
Rocky 3/4
Lethal Weapon
Back to the Future
Indiana Jones movies

I always enjoyed Moonstruck (1987). Like her or not, Cher won the best actress Oscar that year and she deserved it. The movie is full of great lines. Fine performances by the late Vincent Gardenia, Olympia Dukakis, Nicholas Cage (he's never been better), and the late Danny Aiello.

I have to mention Working Girl. Lots of good dialogue. And Kevin Spacey actually hitting on a woman!!!

I love 80’s movies, especially the comedies. They were just creative scripts that didn’t have to be so raunchy to get a laugh.

I love Revenge of the Nerds (ok so this one is kind of raunchy) and, believe it or not, just watched The Breakfast Club for the first time recently. Never expected it to be so dramatic near the end.

What are some other 80’s classics?
*- my personal top 20 (I'm not listing some that were already mentioned)
*Big Trouble in Little China
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Short Circuit
Steel Magnoilas
Coming to America
Spaceballs
Willow
Top Gun
*Real Genius
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
*Beetlejuice
The Lost Boys
Wargames
*Big
Neverending Story
*Goonies
*Predator
*Princess Bride

I loved the John Cusack teen-movies (Better Off Dead, The Sure Thing, Say Anything, One Crazy Summer). The Last Starfighter deserves a quality remake, as I have fond memories of that one. Revenge of the Nerd and the original Porky's were both fun and hilarious.

I loved the John Cusack teen-movies (Better Off Dead, The Sure Thing, Say Anything, One Crazy Summer). The Last Starfighter deserves a quality remake, as I have fond memories of that one. Revenge of the Nerd and the original Porky's were both fun and hilarious.
I loved One Crazy Summer

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT