ADVERTISEMENT

OT: But I cannot believe that the case of the little Cayce girl hasn't even been mentioned here...

Gaimcock

Nov 18, 1998
And JFTR, her body was found very close to a dead adult male.

Does anyone know exactly WTF is goin' on there?? As many times as I've flown outta Columbia, I have never imagined that something like this would EVER happen in that area!

Missing Cayce girl found dead

Last edited:
Reactions: Brace1
They’re being so quiet about any information. Won’t even say if she was found in a house or anything. Won’t even say if it was an older male or a kid.

Not a detective, but there's really likely only a few scenarios based upon the man found dead near her body.

Most likely the dead guy was the one who kidnapped and killed Faye and he committed suicide afterwards because he knew he'd be caught.

Or, it's slightly possible that he could have been an accomplice and the killer killed him to cover his tracks.

Or also less likely is that he was another victim of the same killer.

Depending upon body temp and decomposition, they will be able to tell quickly if both victims died at approximately the same time.

The deceased male could have been an innocent bystander that stumbled upon the scene and was killed, or he could have been killed by the same person and dumped there at a different time.

It is extremely unlikely that two different bodies would be found in the same proximity without their deaths being related.

It is only rumor at this point, but it sounds like a it was a neighbor who killed himself after.
It sounded like that to me but they aren’t calling it a murder suicide so I dunno what’s going on.

It sounded like that to me but they aren’t calling it a murder suicide so I dunno what’s going on.
I'm just guessing that is because their investigation hasn't absolutely determined suicide yet. If the cops put out "Murder-Suicide" in a case like this, the narrative of a heinous pedophile has begun. If it turns out that ISN'T what happened, his family could really come after them. The police are handling it the best way: say little to nothing until they know exactly what they are dealing with.

Reactions: robertfootball
She kinda looks the little girl who was killed by Larry Gene Bell after Susan Smith, Debra May Helmick. Horribly sad.
Lawman, I think you meant Shari Smith. She was the other girl that Bell killed. I remember when that happened. She was only a year or two older than me at the time, and lived about 10min away. That was a scary and sad time as well as today.

Lawman, I think you meant Shari Smith. She was the other girl that Bell killed. I remember when that happened. She was only a year or two older than me at the time, and lived about 10min away. That was a scary and sad time as well as today.
You're right.

I still remember that case vividly. I cannot believe Susan Smith will ever get out of prison or at least I hope not. The way those two little boys died is just horrifying.
I searched her on SC Inmate search. She is eligible for parole in 2024. Hopefully, it doesn't happen since she has a "life" sentence. She has quite a few disciplinary issues as well.

And the sad part is this type of violence can happen anywhere, big city or small town.

I live in the sticks, 1000 foot off the highway,, surrounded by woods,,,, neighborhoods are family,,, and i still watch my kids on the yard..
At 8 years old i ride my bike a mile to school,,,,, i’d never even fathom that these days,, even before this event... worlds changed man.. poor little girl..

I searched her on SC Inmate search. She is eligible for parole in 2024. Hopefully, it doesn't happen since she has a "life" sentence. She has quite a few disciplinary issues as well.

If I remember correctly she got life, which meant at the time 30 years and she would be eligible for parole. It of course does not mean she would get paroled but just she would be eligible for parole after 30 years.

If Susan Smith were to ever get out of prison it would be one of the biggest travesties of justice in the annuals of the US Justice System.

Last edited:
Not a detective, but there's really likely only a few scenarios based upon the man found dead near her body.

Most likely the dead guy was the one who kidnapped and killed Faye and he committed suicide afterwards because he knew he'd be caught.

Or, it's slightly possible that he could have been an accomplice and the killer killed him to cover his tracks.

Depending upon body temp and decomposition, they will be able to tell quickly if both victims died at approximately the same time.

The deceased male could have been an innocent bystander that stumbled upon the scene and was killed, or he could have been killed by the same person and dumped there at a different time.

It is extremely unlikely that two different bodies would be found in the same proximity without their deaths being related.
Speculate much??

I presume the most likely scenario is the first one. Kidnapped the girl (and probably other things), probably didn't see a way out without getting caught so killed her and then himself.

Sucks that one top of the crushing grief the family doesn't even get the closure of seeing the guy punished.

Speculate much??

You're giving me a hard time for speculating on the FGF Forum? Really???

Actually, I'd call this deductive reasoning more than speculation. Here's the difference:

People don't generally die within close proximity of one another without the circumstances being connected. Odds are less than .0001%. Because of this low probability, you can automatically discredit this scenario, unless all other reasonable hypotheses are proven false.

In this instance, police have stated that a homicide investigation is underway in the death of Faye. They have also stated that a man's body was found nearby.

Because of the mans body's proximity to Faye, it is again unlikely that he died of natural causes. So, that leaves homicide or suicide.

If it were a homicide, there are a few scenarios: he was one of the cohorts who kidnapped and killed Faye and his co-conspirator killed him, he was killed by the same person at a different time, or he randomly happened upon the scene and was killed by the perpetrator. All of those probabilities are possible but generally unlikely.

So, the most likely probability is that the deceased male was Faye's killer. But, that leaves the question why?

More than likely police will not release too many details of the male deceased victim until they are able to say conclusively that he was the killer. May provide name, but will not comment about the relationship or connection until it's clear. That could be after the autopsy on Saturday.

Regardless, it is a tragedy and this scenario could happen to any of us as parents. It's sad when our children are unable to play in their own yards without fear of this type of incident.

What else can you do? No information has been released.

I know, ya know. I mean with them being so tight lipped and silent, it's kinda like they may very well be on the edge of a major discovery or something. Maybe they've found a serial killer who finally got caught in a no way out situation.

Just surfin' & killing time; speculating iso to speak! =;-p

https://www.ajc.com/news/body-found-missing-south-carolina-girl/E4KDtji1tGGVwp6kRUA2bL/

Well for some reason they have a good bit of info on this in our ATL newspaper.

I feel so bad for this innocent young child, that you cannot have a child be safe playing in her own yard is a testament to the depravity that is so prevalent in our modern society.

For the child's family, I also feel the pain of their loss and the pain they must have felt being considered the primary suspects by so many posters on here. They are owed a deep apology by many people.

I am just tired of reading stories like this, I am tired of innocent children being victimized by perverts, we really need to consider the death penalty for child abusers and pedophiles.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
https://www.ajc.com/news/body-found-missing-south-carolina-girl/E4KDtji1tGGVwp6kRUA2bL/

Well for some reason they have a good bit of info on this in our ATL newspaper.

I feel so bad for this innocent young child, that you cannot have a child be safe playing in her own yard is a testament to the depravity that is so prevalent in our modern society.

For the child's family, I also feel the pain of their loss and the pain they must have felt being considered the primary suspects by so many posters on here. They are owed a deep apology by many people.

I am just tired of reading stories like this, I am tired of innocent children being victimized by perverts, we really need to consider the death penalty for child abusers and pedophiles.

There is no child safe anywhere this day and time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT