ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fictional Death That Shook You Up Most

cockn'fyr: How did he die in Liberty Valence?

Never says. They are gathering for his (Tom Doniphon - JW) funereal. The movie is a flashback.
"Liberty Valance is the toughest man south of the Picketwire - next to me."

cockn'fyr: How did he die in Liberty Valence?

Never says. They are gathering for his (Tom Doniphon - JW) funereal. The movie is a flashback.
"Liberty Valance is the toughest man south of the Picketwire - next to me."
I don't think the cause of death is specified. He just dies of natural causes.

James Evans from the show "Good Times" absolutely rocked my young life.

"DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!" - Florida Evans
John Amos didn't get along with the show's directors and producers and hated the J.J. character. They wrote him out of the series, but they blew the series up by doing it.

Hans in Die Hard
Zod in Superman
most of the half that Thano's took out especially Groot.
Thano's side kick the skinny one that froze in space
Optimus Prime & Megatron (again)
Ares in Wonder Woman
Steppenwolf in Justice League
Both of Superman's Dads
The Fullback from the I-formation

Reactions: SCexpat38
Two of the best dying scenes: Liberty Valance (Lee Marvin) lurching off the sidewalk sideways and falling into the street after Jimmy Stewart shot him. Henry Fonda going to his knees with that look on his face and then flopping in the dirt after Charlie Bronson shot him in Once Upon A Time In The West. There are many more.

Was crushing on Natalie Portman back in high school, so when they killed her off in star wars 3, I was upset with that, felt like she deserved better.

ET got me too, now that I think about it. I was at Carolina, took my girlfriend at the time to see it. Bad call. I probably teared up more than she did, and she was studying to be a social worker.

Hans in Die Hard
Zod in Superman
most of the half that Thano's took out especially Groot.
Thano's side kick the skinny one that froze in space
Optimus Prime & Megatron (again)
Ares in Wonder Woman
Steppenwolf in Justice League
Both of Superman's Dads
The Fullback from the I-formation

Good call on The Avengers even though most will be coming back. Spider-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy were the toughest to watch. But they’ll come back to life. The hard death is going to be who dies and doesn’t in End Game. Likely Steve Rogers (Captain America) or Tony Stark (Iron Man).

Apollo Creed hands down, huge impact on Rocky to go beat the Russian and suffer brain damage while doing so, and then motivation for Apollo's son to become Champion and revenge his fathers death in a movie 34 yrs later, since no one could get over this death, including me

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Good call on The Avengers even though most will be coming back. Spider-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy were the toughest to watch. But they’ll come back to life. The hard death is going to be who dies and doesn’t in End Game. Likely Steve Rogers (Captain America) or Tony Stark (Iron Man).

His message to Ms. Potts in the Endgame Trailer...:(

Peter Parker's death was hard. It shook Little Man and Me. When he said "I don't want to die Mr. Stark", I lost it. Little Man got A:IW for Christmas. I still don't know if I'm emotionally ready to watch it again.

Speaking of Spiderman, Uncle Ben the like, 20 times he has been killed off in the origin

*** Spoiler Alert ***

I saw this topic on Twitter and thought we’d get some good replies here. What fictional character’s death affected you the most?

I’ll have to think about it some before posting mine. I know of one that freaked me out as a kid and impacted my childhood, but not sure I consider it the hardest one to get over.

Anyway, let’s hear it.
Ygritte (sp) on Game of Thrones....I felt a little better when Jon Snow whacked the kid who shot her and the other traitors...

His message to Ms. Potts in the Endgame Trailer...:(

Peter Parker's death was hard. It shook Little Man and Me. When he said "I don't want to die Mr. Stark", I lost it. Little Man got A:IW for Christmas. I still don't know if I'm emotionally ready to watch it again.

I found it easier the 2nd time already knowing.

In a bad way - Jon Voight in The Champ
In a good way - The Witch in Wizard of Oz

Gus chose to die so it didn't hit me like Deets. If you read or saw Streets of Laredo Woodrow decided to live when he lost a limb
So did Bruce Willis. Gus in Lonesome Dove is a classic. “By God Woodrow!” They broke the mold of cowboy men after Robert Duvall. My bible.

Two of the best dying scenes: Liberty Valance (Lee Marvin) lurching off the sidewalk sideways and falling into the street after Jimmy Stewart shot him. Henry Fonda going to his knees with that look on his face and then flopping in the dirt after Charlie Bronson shot him in Once Upon A Time In The West. There are many more.
James Cagney stumbling down the church steps in the snow at the end of "The Roaring Twenties".

*** Spoiler Alert ***

I saw this topic on Twitter and thought we’d get some good replies here. What fictional character’s death affected you the most?

I’ll have to think about it some before posting mine. I know of one that freaked me out as a kid and impacted my childhood, but not sure I consider it the hardest one to get over.

Anyway, let’s hear it.

Mr Bill

There is one obvious one that hasn't been said that traumatized many a person when they were very young. Anybody got a guess?

Google is your friend.

Thanks but didn't need Google. Was trying to be nice and agree it was a sad death without saying he's not a character of fiction Or something.

Anyway, guess I didn't do it right.

“Wallace” (Michael B. Jordan) on The Wire. Not sure it broke me up the worst, but it was certainly the most surprising. Didn’t expect his childhood friends to murder him like that in cold blood. Quite a disturbing scene.

I liked the scene and the song played to end the show. Perfect ending for SOA. Modern day Shakespeare tragedy.

That guy is a great song writer . It’s called “Come join the Murder” by White Buffalo . The sound track for all of SOA was terrific . Did anybody else notice the # of Crowes flying down the road before the ending ?? Pretty cool .

Reactions: Superior7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT