ADVERTISEMENT

OT: IPAs are disgusting!

Stick with what you know. I’ve tried ipas, craft beers, etc, and I’ve come to the conclusion they are made for, yuppies, millennials, and people who don’t like real beer.
Don't like real beer? I think it's just a difference in tastes. I don't prefer a dark craft beer, but I can't stomach a watery Bud Light or Michelob. Prefer Mexican lagers or pale ales, and I consider those real beers.

Don't like real beer? I think it's just a difference in tastes. I don't prefer a dark craft beer, but I can't stomach a watery Bud Light or Michelob. Prefer Mexican lagers or pale ales, and I consider those real beers.
I agree, it is a difference in taste. While I do drink red label bud and the occasional Stella, real beer to me is Bavarian. While I was stationed in Germany I grew fond of the local Hefeweissbier. I like Paulaner and Weihenstephaner, but it ain’t as easy to pick up and would be awfully expensive if I drank it like I drink my ‘red snappers ‘

i just drank an IPA with a pizza loaded with jalapeños. The only thing I could taste? That nasty ass IPA. And, no, that's not my first or even my 71st IPA. I've had 100 of them and they are all disgusting, bitter, nasty-ass beers.
So why order it then if you don’t like them?

Please don't put Mexican lagers and pale ales in the same category.

Didn't say same category, they are of a category themselves. I said Mexican lager OR pale ale. Summer time I generally prefer a Sol or Dos Equis, in the fall and winter I prefer a Sierra Nevada or Blue moon.

Reactions: Cock_Donor
IPAs are for beer drinkers who actually enjoy drinking...

And it is a beer for millennials and younger generations. It’s because old people don’t know any better.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
IPAs are for beer drinkers who actually enjoy drinking...

And it is a beer for millennials and younger generations. It’s because old people don’t know any better.
Ipas are for pale ale drinkers. Nice try though. I like the fact that you like what you drink but it ain’t beer

Stick with what you know. I’ve tried ipas, craft beers, etc, and I’ve come to the conclusion they are made for, yuppies, millennials, and people who don’t like real beer.
Umm, those are real beers. Beer is made with barley and hops. Domestic mass produced beer is cheapened by adding adjuncts such as rice and corn to get their fermentable sugars. They produce an alcohol by product that is lighter and has less taste but they are not what real beer is supposed to taste like. Yeah, I'm a bit of a beer nerd but I learned a lot about it when I decided to start making my own.

It boils down ( pun intended) to one's affinity for malt vs hops. I do not like high IBU (bitter hops) beer, but for those that do to each his own. Guinness is my gold standard, Dogfish may be someone else's.

Why are you so bitter, OPie. ;)

It boils down ( pun intended) to one's affinity for malt vs hops. I do not like high IBU (bitter hops) beer, but for those that do to each his own. Guinness is my gold standard, Dogfish may be someone else's.

Why are you so bitter, OPie. ;)
Went to a restaurant with 40 beers on tap and not a single lager or stout.

Reactions: gpcocks
i just drank an IPA with a pizza loaded with jalapeños. The only thing I could taste? That nasty ass IPA. And, no, that's not my first or even my 71st IPA. I've had 100 of them and they are all disgusting, bitter, nasty-ass beers.
You’re right. I think people won’t say they dislike them is because they want to be accepted. I’ll drink one after I’ve had 6 or 8 of something else. By that time they all taste alike anyway.

Actually has nothing to do with taste for me. I love the taste of the first 2-4 oz of a good craft beer, but I can't crack 20 of em. 2, maybe 3 & im hammered. How you gonna cook some Q drinking that?

hqdefault.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT