ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Looking forward to the Winter Olympics which start tonight.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
I'm not sure how strong overall the USA is suppose to be this year but should be fun to watch.

I was on USC campus at lunchtime and saw a kid walking around carrying a huge flag with the Olympic rings on it. Excitement! Go USA

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Man, couple ice skating was extremely good tonight. The American couple was in first place but dropped to 4th. NBC didn't show the long ski jumping tonight. Maybe they will tomorrow, that has always been one of my favorite events

Got a few Montanans to pull for in these winter olympics. NBC shows more competition on its NBC Sports network all day than it does on the main network in prime time. And you don't have to sit through a 20 minute "feel-good" story about an athlete between competitions like you do during the prime time coverage.

I'm a sucker for the Olympics. Especially the Winter Olympics. Will be watching most definitely.

Do they show live Olympic stuff on NBC's sports channel as well? Incidentally, I heard it was mighty cold in South Korea right now.

Got a few Montanans to pull for in these winter olympics. NBC shows more competition on its NBC Sports network all day than it does on the main network in prime time. And you don't have to sit through a 20 minute "feel-good" story about an athlete between competitions like you do during the prime time coverage.

I no longer get NBC Sports, I may sign up for it before the Winter Olympics are over because there are a lot of events I'm missing.

Do they show live Olympic stuff on NBC's sports channel as well? Incidentally, I heard it was mighty cold in South Korea right now.

It is very cold in Pyeongchang, in fact they have postponed the down hill skiing events until Wednesday or Thursday night.

Reactions: king ward
I always love watching the Olympics, but I swear, I'm sick over my head of figure skating. That's all they seem to want to show.

Was @ Henry's on Devine for son's birthday dinner and they had curling on one of the tv's. Some good sweeping going on!!! :D
So far that's about all that's been on... besides ice skating. I've already had my fill til the next Olympics, where they'll probably add another event - skating with your comfort animal.

Oh, they did finally show the catastrophe that was the women's slopestyle snowboarding. Try going off a jump at 40 mph in a 50 mph gust. Crazy.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT