ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Champions...Toronto Raptors???

Are you forgetting the Houston elimination game where he scored 33 points in the second half? People tend to use any missed shot to fit their narrative. I never root for the Warriors, but this Steph isn't clutch narrative is ridiculous.
He also hit big shots in the come back win in game 5 of this year's finals. People that point out the misses ignore the makes. He missed a shot(difficult shot) that could have won the game but would it have even mattered? They were dead in game 7 anyway. No Klay, no KD. GS's bench hasn't been great since they spent the money to get KD so they were extremely short manned. I think people look for failures in Steph because he gets unfairly compared to the greats of the game. Steph is not a physical speciman. He's light and undersized but he has revolutionized the game of basketball. He's a guy you have to guard as soon as he steps on the floor because he's always within range. Toronto was throwing a box and 1 at him, double and triple teaming him when he got the ball. When a guy is getting that much attention, other players should be able to step up and get easy baskets.

You can't really compare the two. KD is arguably the best player in the league. Now if they would have beat Cleveland without LeBron, then you can put an asterisk by that championship.

Keep in mind Cleveland beat them the following year with those guys. I think that’s the poster’s point. Not that the guys were comparable, but that those injuries may have led to them winning a Championship.

Reactions: wentzel25
Keep in mind Cleveland beat them the following year with those guys. I think that’s the poster’s point. Not that the guys were comparable, but that those injuries may have led to them winning a Championship.
Every year it seems there are exterior circumstances that affect the games being played. The year Cleveland beat GS, GS was up 3-1 and then Dreymond Green got suspended and it changed the complexion of the series. Cleveland was able to win a game and pick up momentum when the series should have been over in 5.

Reactions: Carolina4
Every year it seems there are exterior circumstances that affect the games being played. The year Cleveland beat GS, GS was up 3-1 and then Dreymond Green got suspended and it changed the complexion of the series. Cleveland was able to win a game and pick up momentum when the series should have been over in 5.

Yep. That’s the point. Those responses were to a response that said there is as asterisk beside Toronto’s Championship. The points being made was...it happens all the time.

Yep. That’s the point. Those responses were to a response that said there is as asterisk beside Toronto’s Championship. The points being made was...it happens all the time.
Exactly. People are trying to diminish what Toronto did, and it's not fair to do so, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT