ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What’s the candy bar you ask for

Hershey Chocolate
59a36c97-dcb8-45bc-9b08-93aaa486ecbd_1.39b6546ce56d1c27d95cc65ea7fe942d.jpeg

Butterfingers. Always loved the chocolate - peanut combination. I also like Reeses and M&Ms for this same reason. Guess ultimately I love peanuts - I enjoy Pay Day candy bars, Munch and Lay's Peanut Bars which are essentially peanut brittle cut into bars. I love peanut brittle as well.

When I was a kid, there was this little ice manufacturing business down the street where I lived. They had a Pepsi vending machine outside on their porch for customers and employees. A block over was a huge lumber/hardware business that had a Lance/Tom's snack vending machine. I would love to go and buy me a $0.15 bottle of pepsi and a $0.10 "peanut butter log" that was made to look like a piece of wood. Then when I discovered Butterfingers - which was basically a peanut butter log coated in chocolate - that became my favorite, and still is today......

img.axd

World's Finest chocolate bars w/almonds. Fond memories selling those as a kid. Good chocolate too.

Goodness, those were the days. Parents used to just turn us loose to go walk all over creation going door to door selling that stuff. Inevitably, one of the cardboard handles would break, so you’d have to just hold the box.

Sad to say, I had a World’s Finest a couple years back and it was about half the thickness it used to be. Used to have e a coupon on the back of the wrapper for a free Whopper Jr.

World's Finest chocolate bars w/almonds. Fond memories selling those as a kid. Good chocolate too.
Whoa, fond memories? I still resent the fact that my school pimped out a bunch of children to sell this crap in exchange for some plastic trinkets. if they wanted an extra $10,000 for the school they could have just raised the mileage by 0.000001, rather than planting the seeds of anti-capitalism in a bunch innocent children.

Also, the only candy bar worse than a solid chunk of chocolate, is a solid chunk of chocolate loaded with almonds. What the actual fudge.

Butterfingers. Always loved the chocolate - peanut combination. I also like Reeses and M&Ms for this same reason. Guess ultimately I love peanuts - I enjoy Pay Day candy bars, Munch and Lay's Peanut Bars which are essentially peanut brittle cut into bars. I love peanut brittle as well.

When I was a kid, there was this little ice manufacturing business down the street where I lived. They had a Pepsi vending machine outside on their porch for customers and employees. A block over was a huge lumber/hardware business that had a Lance/Tom's snack vending machine. I would love to go and buy me a $0.15 bottle of pepsi and a $0.10 "peanut butter log" that was made to look like a piece of wood. Then when I discovered Butterfingers - which was basically a peanut butter log coated in chocolate - that became my favorite, and still is today......

img.axd
I don’t see them nowadays but I did love those peanut butter logs.

Reactions: Lugnut072
Whoa, fond memories? I still resent the fact that my school pimped out a bunch of children to sell this crap in exchange for some plastic trinkets. if they wanted an extra $10,000 for the school they could have just raised the mileage by 0.000001, rather than planting the seeds of anti-capitalism in a bunch innocent children.

Also, the only candy bar worse than a solid chunk of chocolate, is a solid chunk of chocolate loaded with almonds. What the actual fudge.
I dont recall selling them for school though maybe I did. Evidently that wasnt very memorable. What I vividly remember is selling them for my little league baseball teams and the boy scouts. They were our top choice for fundraisers because they would practically sell themselves.
Thankfully, I can associate certain things with my childhood (fond memories) that are still around today, those candy bars are one of them. Today I often see them at barber shops or local hardware stores sitting on a counter. They bring a smile to my face every single time. And yeah, I'll buy one.
I wont comment on all that political crap you bring up in a candy thread .

Last edited:

img.axd
Love me a Tom's Peanut Butter Log!

Zero bar? That has to be an older generation thing. I never considered those after clemtech threw them on the field in 1999.
Mine would be whatchamacallit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT