ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Woman says $26M California lottery ticket destroyed in wash

"Lottery officials say someone who believes he or she is a winner must complete a claim form. But if someone loses a ticket, they must provide evidence that they owned it, such as a photograph of the front and back of the ticket, the officials said."

I'm imagining tens of thousands of people showing up at the lottery office with a photo of the missing ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: duckcock2.0.0
I would imagine the winning ticket is time stamped.If she could accurately tell where she bought it and approximate time,then that may be convincing enough.Also,a security camera would be of help.The washed ticket could still be somewhat legible.

I hate for anyone to suffer misfortune of any kind. I may be alone in saying that money is not everything in life. It can give you more options, such as a attaining "early retirement" . But I have found as I've gotten older that I have fewer "wants". If getting "unconditional love" is the most important thing in life, well, a dog is the only unconditional love that money can buy. Luckily for her, dogs are not that expensive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT