ADVERTISEMENT

Our Defensive Line could be scary good....

MTsumner92

Jul 31, 2005
DE - Enagbare or Sterling....both 4 star depending on publication you read.
DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star
DE or B - Burch... 5 star

We have never had this much talent on the starting Defensive Line. Burch of course may not be a starter right away but if he comes in this fall in top shape, he very well could be.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

We have never had this much talent on the starting Defensive Line. Burch of course may not be a starter right away but if he comes in this fall in top shape, he very well could be.

I’m not too sure about that, the defense line we had Clowney’s freshman year, with Clowney, Ingram, Gerald Dixon, Aldrick Fordham, Chaz Sutton, Travian Robertson, Devin Taylor, Byron Jerideau, Phillip Dukes, JT Surratt, and Kelcy Quarles was as deep as it gets. That was a nasty depth chart.

I’m not too sure about that, the defense line we had Clowney’s freshman year, with Clowney, Ingram, Gerald Dixon, Aldrick Fordham, Chaz Sutton, Travian Robertson, Devin Taylor, Byron Jerideau, Phillip Dukes, JT Surratt, and Kelcy Quarles was as deep as it gets. That was a nasty depth chart.

This.

It's bittersweet to think of that. It only took three years to turn a significant strength into a notable weakness.

DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

this

this ^
Add on Joseph anderson , D Davis , k Thomas etc
The D line has talent

Reactions: Expro19
I mean we had a good bit of talent on the D line last year as evidenced by the draft, but until the offense can get going it doesn't matter. like they say "the best defense is a good offense" and we don't have one. Doesn't matter who you have on defense if the offense can't stay on the field.

Reactions: redrogers
DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

I like your optimism. Good luck to the guys. I hope they prove you right.

No comment. I thought we signed one of our best receiving corp a few years ago... not even close.
Vann needs to step up and be who we thought he would be when we signed him and if Ortre can get back to what he was.. He was a stud and had so much promise before the injuries. Also Xavier is going to be great and you can quote me on that. I'm telling you that he's going to be a star, mark it down. We have talent coming in also.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Vann needs to step up and be who we thought he would be when we signed him and if Ortre can get back to what he was.. He was a stud and had so much promise before the injuries. Also Xavier is going to be great and you can quote me on that. I'm telling you that he's going to be a star, mark it down. We have talent coming in also.
Man you sound a lot like I did three years ago. I do hope you're right tho... but you wont hear any predictions from me. On a side note, I knew Ortre at wando so I certainly hope it all comes together for him this year.

DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

You are being positive, people on here wont like it.

Man you sound a lot like I did three years ago. I do hope you're right tho... but you wont hear any predictions from me. On a side note, I knew Ortre at wando so I certainly hope it all comes together for him this year.
They will look better with a play caller with a pulse. You have to scheme people open also, an that's where Bobo comes in. Calling the right plays at the right time can make WRs an QBs look like All Americans. Sprinkle in some talent and you've got a chance, Holy Shit I'm ready for football!!!!:mad:

Reactions: bucketdad
Our defensive line will be middle of the pack in the SEC.. They will have their moments but I don’t believe our defensive line is gonna dominate more than 4 teams. The only SEC team they will over whelm is Vanderbilt. I hope I’m wrong but that’s just the way I see it, now if Kier Thomas returns “healthy” we could see something special and that’s what I’m hoping for!

Yes but you still have to score to win
If you score more than the other team ,you got to like your chances to get the win. Tess.
booger-mcfarland.jpg

DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

So how many games do u suppose we have these studs before we løose them for the year.......like always????

Reactions: gamecockballfan
Unless any of them can suit up and catch balls at the wide receiver position or possibly put a headset on and elimate Muschamp's poor coaching decisions it won't matter much

Reactions: Brace1
Like Brace1 said above. It’s average in the conference. Could be a tad above average. The difference between us and them is all of their other position groups are strong too. Not just 1.

Like Brace1 said above. It’s average in the conference. Could be a tad above average. The difference between us and them is all of their other position groups are strong too. Not just 1.

Would you say we have a good group of DBs?

DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

I see this potential & a quick start to the season would go a long way in building their confidence and rhythm

I like your optimism. Good luck to the guys. I hope they prove you right.

I’m optimistic too

I’m scared to death about our WR corp, a healthy O’Tre could easily change this for the better. I sure would like to hear a “he’s healthy “, post, article, rumor, lie, etc....

Would you say we have a good group of DBs?

Medium, we have about 3 with ability and playing time & a handful of UN-proven which kinda tells that depth (& injuries), could turn this into an area of concern quickly.

I see this potential & a quick start to the season would go a long way in building their confidence and rhythm

I’m optimistic too

I’m scared to death about our WR corp, a healthy O’Tre could easily change this for the better. I sure would like to hear a “he’s healthy “, post, article, rumor, lie, etc....

Medium, we have about 3 with ability and playing time & a handful of UN-proven which kinda tells that depth (& injuries), could turn this into an area of concern quickly.

We actually have depth at DB this year. Big difference than the past two years.

Reactions: carolinamyke
DT - Sandidge....4 star
DT - Pickens....5 star

None of these guys have proven anything yet and this level of talent does not sniff what we had Clowney’s first two years here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT