ADVERTISEMENT

Our recruiting has to improve, we have a 6'4 260 O lineman. brad scott days

Brad Scott had some decent recruiting classez. With that being said most were wideouts and rb lol

I remember the Sadarius Hutcherson commitment, 6-5 230 lbs. lineman commits, same size concerns as some posts here, now he is 6-4 311, and competing for a starting LT spot as a red shirt freshman.

My post then and now is relax the player is still growing at this age.

Now if you have other concerns star rating and talent level, i cant help you I don't know anything about this player, OL film is kind of hard to watch sometimes, and see footwork, and you usually know nothing about the player across from them that they are pushing around, but size changes, kids grow if they have the right frame like Hutcherson.

The rivals camps when the DL vs OL go at it is actually pretty neat, because you can see more natural ability and footwork etc, and you know it's usually quality vs quality, I still hope we get Jovaughn Gwyn for that reason.

Whoa. We shrunk him? Not sure why one would want to do that but it is refreshing we are on the breaking edge of sports nutrition. Wonder if we can reverse that technology and grow people.

Yes. He's a failure as head coach to this point. Wins are the measure. Division and conference titles are he measure. I don't see that as debatable. I'm hopeful he has the potential to be better. But right now it's just potential and hopefulness.

He made it to the Sugar Bowl as a head coach. I don't think we have failed like that before.

Again...find another recruiting website or learn how to read the one you mentioned.

247 has him with offers from not only East Carolina but also Boston College, Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, Howard, James Madison, Kansas, Liberty, North Carolina State, Old Dominion, Princeton, Syracuse, Toledo, Virginia, Wake Forest and Yale.

I get your point that he had more than one offer as was claimed earlier, but is there anyone on this list (maybe state) that we shouldn't be able to pull him away from? On the bright side can 100% guarantee he will qualify academically with that list.

Since the days of Lattimore,clowney, swearinger.ingram.shaw and others have left we have not been recruiting that level of player anymore that's how you are successful in sec

If you ever complained when you were being taught how to use proper punctuation & grammar.....read this post!

Actually, just beat Clemson. Please.

This is all I ask.

Dubious ideas offered in this thread:

Muschamp "knows what he's doing."

Muschamp and his staff are some of the best evaluators.

Spurrier couldn't recruit or evaluate.

Stars don't matter.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Again...find another recruiting website or learn how to read the one you mentioned.

247 has him with offers from not only East Carolina but also Boston College, Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, Howard, James Madison, Kansas, Liberty, North Carolina State, Old Dominion, Princeton, Syracuse, Toledo, Virginia, Wake Forest and Yale.
Princeton and Yale? Has he qualified yet?....lol.

Dubious ideas offered in this thread:

Muschamp "knows what he's doing."

Muschamp and his staff are some of the best evaluators.

Spurrier couldn't recruit or evaluate.

Stars don't matter.

I'll address the above based on what a successful SEC level coach says about muschamp.

He said to review muschamp's record at UF game by game. Any coach would have struggled with the injuries they had and the schedule they played. He said that UF was a complete dumpster fire when muschamp walked in and giving him only 4 years was ridiculous. He said that Muschamp is unrelenting in coaching recruiting and evaluations. He wasted a couple years with the charlie hire, and recruited too lightly on the OL....both things he corrrected at USC.

On the defensive side of the ball, he can evaluate as well as saban. Not me saying this, but an SEC assistant coach.

Spurrier could coach, but he could not evaluate any position but QB and RB during his UF days....had his staff do all other evals. At USC, he would have been a failure had we not found connor shaw....a QB he did not want.

Stars do matter, but not to the extreme some believe they do. We have an equal number of 4 star flops as we do winners. 5 stars would be nice, but we are not going to get many unless the situation is just right. Many of them are pay to play...we did not do that under Spurrier. Our alumni network does not have the scheme set up like other schools do. If we go this path, it will still take some time. NCAA history shows that they prefer to throw the book at schools like us, not the Bamas or even clemson's of the world. see Ole Miss.

As for OL recruiting, Eric Wolford is one of the best OL evaluators and coaches in the game. Again, coming from an SEC asst. coach. We will have a deep OL in 2-3 years. Eric will be in charge of and responsible for OL recruiting. So you don't have to trust muschamp....you have to trust Wolford. Shawn was 1/10 the coach Eric is. This all remains to be seen here, but I am told that we should expect to see significant improvement on the OL. They are not being taught just 2 ways to block like shawn used to do. It will look different in scheme and technique.

Its fine to cry wolf halfway through will's second year here. I am not sure what purpose it has aside from make people look like whiners and crybabies, but have at it. But I think Muschamp is well respected in the coaching business and took over a tough spot at UF. They playes some good LSU and FSU teams and he drew multiple games against Bama in his 4 years. He also had to play the 3 pretty good USC teams over that span, and a good Mizzou team at the time. he had some bad losses, but he was down to his 4th string QB and a deflated team. I was cheering for it to happen while it was happening, but I also knew that it was not all his fault. I even had a USC coach say that we wanted muschamp to get fired because if he stayed, he would have had UF back.

So worry away, post away, and whine away. Its ok. You will either be right, happy as a USC fan if you are wrong, or unhappy as a clemson fan.

I'll address the above based on what a successful SEC level coach says about muschamp.

He said to review muschamp's record at UF game by game. Any coach would have struggled with the injuries they had and the schedule they played. He said that UF was a complete dumpster fire when muschamp walked in and giving him only 4 years was ridiculous. He said that Muschamp is unrelenting in coaching recruiting and evaluations. He wasted a couple years with the charlie hire, and recruited too lightly on the OL....both things he corrrected at USC.

On the defensive side of the ball, he can evaluate as well as saban. Not me saying this, but an SEC assistant coach.

Spurrier could coach, but he could not evaluate any position but QB and RB during his UF days....had his staff do all other evals. At USC, he would have been a failure had we not found connor shaw....a QB he did not want.

Stars do matter, but not to the extreme some believe they do. We have an equal number of 4 star flops as we do winners. 5 stars would be nice, but we are not going to get many unless the situation is just right. Many of them are pay to play...we did not do that under Spurrier. Our alumni network does not have the scheme set up like other schools do. If we go this path, it will still take some time. NCAA history shows that they prefer to throw the book at schools like us, not the Bamas or even clemson's of the world. see Ole Miss.

As for OL recruiting, Eric Wolford is one of the best OL evaluators and coaches in the game. Again, coming from an SEC asst. coach. We will have a deep OL in 2-3 years. Eric will be in charge of and responsible for OL recruiting. So you don't have to trust muschamp....you have to trust Wolford. Shawn was 1/10 the coach Eric is. This all remains to be seen here, but I am told that we should expect to see significant improvement on the OL. They are not being taught just 2 ways to block like shawn used to do. It will look different in scheme and technique.

Its fine to cry wolf halfway through will's second year here. I am not sure what purpose it has aside from make people look like whiners and crybabies, but have at it. But I think Muschamp is well respected in the coaching business and took over a tough spot at UF. They playes some good LSU and FSU teams and he drew multiple games against Bama in his 4 years. He also had to play the 3 pretty good USC teams over that span, and a good Mizzou team at the time. he had some bad losses, but he was down to his 4th string QB and a deflated team. I was cheering for it to happen while it was happening, but I also knew that it was not all his fault. I even had a USC coach say that we wanted muschamp to get fired because if he stayed, he would have had UF back.

So worry away, post away, and whine away. Its ok. You will either be right, happy as a USC fan if you are wrong, or unhappy as a clemson fan.
That's a whole lot better than what I had.....lol

A good example of a deluded perspective.

Muschamp as the unfairly persecuted football savant who just wasn't given the time he needed to succed.

Spurrier as the socially inept, aloof head coach unable to see anything beyond his next quarterback project.

Recruiting rankings and offer lists as descriptive rather than worthily predictive.

A good example of a deluded perspective.

Muschamp as the unfairly persecuted football savant who just wasn't given the time he needed to succed.

Spurrier as the socially inept, aloof head coach unable to see anything beyond his next quarterback project.

Recruiting rankings and offer lists as descriptive rather than worthily predictive.

Maybe so, but its a coach's opinion who knows spurrier better than you or I. he has never worked with muschamp, so only knows him from recruiting and coaches meetings.

I love it when people believe whatever they say is correct and others are deluded. You probably don't really grasp the meaning of a delusion, just a word you heard used a few times.

Spurrier has ADD....without a doubt. I know him well enough to state that. He has a fantastic football mind, although it was failing late in his career. As for evaluations, if you think he did anything more than listen to his coaches in regards to recruiting his last 5 years, you are not deluded, you are just uninformed.

I never said I did not believe in recruiting rankings, however, after following them for 30 years, there are numerous flaws. Offer lists these days mean less than they used to, but if Saban or Meyer are recruting you and truly offer, then you are probably going to be a good college player. Spurrier rarely offered over 50, I believe Muschamp may offer over 100. Muschamp is going to have to evaluate and coach the 3 stars and get his 6-8 4 stars to compete against clemson, uga, UF and even UT in the east. He will need a difference maker or 2 on offense at some point. They think they have one at QB but need a 5star RB. Need a DL full of 4 stars. We don't have those right now. If we don't have those in 2 years, I will worry. Spurrier left us nothing on the DL.

I do believe that the early signing period may help us, especially if we can win more than we lose this year.

Maybe so, but its a coach's opinion who knows spurrier better than you or I. he has never worked with muschamp, so only knows him from recruiting and coaches meetings.

I love it when people believe whatever they say is correct and others are deluded. You probably don't really grasp the meaning of a delusion, just a word you heard used a few times.

Spurrier has ADD....without a doubt. I know him well enough to state that. He has a fantastic football mind, although it was failing late in his career. As for evaluations, if you think he did anything more than listen to his coaches in regards to recruiting his last 5 years, you are not deluded, you are just uninformed.

I never said I did not believe in recruiting rankings, however, after following them for 30 years, there are numerous flaws. Offer lists these days mean less than they used to, but if Saban or Meyer are recruting you and truly offer, then you are probably going to be a good college player. Spurrier rarely offered over 50, I believe Muschamp may offer over 100. Muschamp is going to have to evaluate and coach the 3 stars and get his 6-8 4 stars to compete against clemson, uga, UF and even UT in the east. He will need a difference maker or 2 on offense at some point. They think they have one at QB but need a 5star RB. Need a DL full of 4 stars. We don't have those right now. If we don't have those in 2 years, I will worry. Spurrier left us nothing on the DL.

I do believe that the early signing period may help us, especially if we can win more than we lose this year.

Deluded. Unable to distinguish fantastical thinking from reality. It's clear.

Muschamp the persucited. Defeated by forces beyond his control. Spurrier propped up by others and not responsible for his success. It's classic thinking when you want to elevate one person and undermine another. Create a nonsense narrative and back it with supposed first person accounts.

Try this. Muschamp was a bad head coach at UF. He did a poor job with his staffs. His recruiting left holes all over the roster. His game management was bad. And his teams often seemed unprepared. He was fired as a result.

Doesn't mean that he can't be better now. But making up all this nonsense about his failure at UF being beyond his control and diminishing Spurrier for some reason is tiresome.

[QUOTE="radcock, post: 3421241, member: 1692] Any coach would have struggled with the injuries they had and the schedule they played.[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to give Coach Muschamp the benefit of the doubt. We really have little choice at this point anyway.

But, we can't use the tough schedule as an excuse for him not succeeding at Florida. Remember Mizzou won the East twice during his 4 years there. And, we play almost the same schedule at USC. Just replace LSU with A&M and FSU with Clemson.

Look on the bright side. These lighter weight linemen will have a lower risk of giving an opponent CTE one day

I get your point that he had more than one offer as was claimed earlier, but is there anyone on this list (maybe state) that we shouldn't be able to pull him away from? On the bright side can 100% guarantee he will qualify academically with that list.

Never said his offer sheet was full of elite football schools...just that he had more than the one offer from ECU that a poster mentioned earlier.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Deluded. Unable to distinguish fantastical thinking from reality. It's clear.

Muschamp the persucited. Defeated by forces beyond his control. Spurrier propped up by others and not responsible for his success. It's classic thinking when you want to elevate one person and undermine another. Create a nonsense narrative and back it with supposed first person accounts.

Try this. Muschamp was a bad head coach at UF. He did a poor job with his staffs. His recruiting left holes all over the roster. His game management was bad. And his teams often seemed unprepared. He was fired as a result.

Doesn't mean that he can't be better now. But making up all this nonsense about his failure at UF being beyond his control and diminishing Spurrier for some reason is tiresome.

Not sure what spurrier you are talking about...the one before GA got here, the one with GA calling the read option and Ellis Johnson calling the defense, or the one where SOS took back over play calling and his son's recruiting coordinating efforts came to fruition.

These are not delusions but obvious facts I am pointing out. The reality is the coach you are blowing is the same one that went 6-6 and 3-9. The last thing his ego could handle is someone following him with success. These are facts my friend....straight form those closest to him. Hell, I knew we were doomed under SOS when Junior told me how easy recruiting was when we were golfing one day. Then he blamed the other coaches. Spurrier reversed field after naming Jay Graham RC....and the descent to hell began....in comes junior as RC. If you are pinning all of UFs shortcoming on muschamp, you have to do the same with SOS.

I like HBC...he is a cool dude to have a few beers with. As long as you are talking about him, he stay interested in the conversation. He is passive aggressive and hates confrontation. Has trouble dealing with criticism and admitting mistakes....extremely stubborn and has an ego beyond reproach.

Maybe Muschamp will fail here. Its an easy prediction to say that he will. Early returns are average. The blow-out by clemson is unforgivable. But I like most of his hires and his fundamental approach to the games and recruiting. Only 2 coaches have ever done much at UF despite how easy it is thought to be right now. The cheating that went on and cancer that was left behind by Meyer was going to take some time.

Dabo was 29-19 with 10 wins his first 4 years is ACC. Muschamp 28-21 with an 11 win season. I can promise you that Dabo had an easier job and now people think he is in line for Bama job.

I obviously can't convince you that muschamp has a chance, so I will bow out. But don't act like your judgement is beyond rebuke...its pretty easy to bet against the gamecocks historically.....you are just part of a rather hopeless crowd.

Not sure what spurrier you are talking about...the one before GA got here, the one with GA calling the read option and Ellis Johnson calling the defense, or the one where SOS took back over play calling and his son's recruiting coordinating efforts came to fruition.

These are not delusions but obvious facts I am pointing out. The reality is the coach you are blowing is the same one that went 6-6 and 3-9. The last thing his ego could handle is someone following him with success. These are facts my friend....straight form those closest to him. Hell, I knew we were doomed under SOS when Junior told me how easy recruiting was when we were golfing one day. Then he blamed the other coaches. Spurrier reversed field after naming Jay Graham RC....and the descent to hell began....in comes junior as RC. If you are pinning all of UFs shortcoming on muschamp, you have to do the same with SOS.

I like HBC...he is a cool dude to have a few beers with. As long as you are talking about him, he stay interested in the conversation. He is passive aggressive and hates confrontation. Has trouble dealing with criticism and admitting mistakes....extremely stubborn and has an ego beyond reproach.

Maybe Muschamp will fail here. Its an easy prediction to say that he will. Early returns are average. The blow-out by clemson is unforgivable. But I like most of his hires and his fundamental approach to the games and recruiting. Only 2 coaches have ever done much at UF despite how easy it is thought to be right now. The cheating that went on and cancer that was left behind by Meyer was going to take some time.

Dabo was 29-19 with 10 wins his first 4 years is ACC. Muschamp 28-21 with an 11 win season. I can promise you that Dabo had an easier job and now people think he is in line for Bama job.

I obviously can't convince you that muschamp has a chance, so I will bow out. But don't act like your judgement is beyond rebuke...its pretty easy to bet against the gamecocks historically.....you are just part of a rather hopeless crowd.
Based off of what I know I can't argue too much with what you said about Spurrier. He was extremely hands off when it came to anyone but our offensive stars. However, I will say the bit about Shaw is a tad off. He joined the group of what one of our former star players called "the Golden Children" after it became how clear how good he was. lol

It sounds to me that you did know Spurrier. His ego got the best of him when he called that ridiculous press conference about the media and the talk. In retrospect a real conspiracy theorist would think he let the program crash on purpose...nah he wouldn't do that right? Nobody has an ego that big.

Beginning to believe the Nick Chubb and Raekwon (can't remember his last name), stud lb at Ohio st stories. JR confirmed sr had no interest in recruiting the rising sophomores and juniors in his last two years. Combined with the fact that high school coaches hated jr, it's easy to see why things went the way they did.

Beginning to believe the Nick Chubb and Raekwon (can't remember his last name), stud lb at Ohio st stories. JR confirmed sr had no interest in recruiting the rising sophomores and juniors in his last two years. Combined with the fact that high school coaches hated jr, it's easy to see why things went the way they did.
I have always heard Spurrier wouldn't even meet Chubb.

I'm trying hard to give the benefit of the doubt. Ecu was his only other offer per another site. I hope that is wrong or we know something about these guys that uga, Klempsun, ut, and uf don't. Stars are one thing but offers are what I truly look at. However, it does not feel like we are recruiting on the same level as our supposed competition. Muschamp and staff did well to scramble and put together that initial class and last year was decent. Really thought we would take a step forward into the top 15. Don't feel like we are gaining ground.
This class is ranked 22nd with 9 spots left so let's see what happens from hear on out. I think we are doing pretty decent considering. I think right now Alabama's class is ranked in the 50's with UGA but they will close strong just like i think we will.

I heard Chubb wanted to come to USC but Spurrier would not do an in home visit with him.

It has been a couple of years..but I think I read an insider account that Chubb came to Columbia twice to meet Spurrier...but Spurrier failed to show both times.

Last edited:
I had never read that before how many more did his ego cost us?

Very similar to what Nick Chubb said eh? No reason to bring him back for honor anytime soon. Maybe ever. It's almost like self imposed probation. Terrible.

I'd rather have a 260 kid who can move, let Dillman put good weight on him, than a 330 pounder that has to lose 40 before we can rebuild. Saves time. 260 redshirts are good. See the Hutchinson kid. He's a beast that can move

Very similar to what Nick Chubb said eh? No reason to bring him back for honor anytime soon. Maybe ever. It's almost like self imposed probation. Terrible.
We can agree on that. Honor Jerri at least she baked cookies...oh wait we got into trouble over that too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT