ADVERTISEMENT

P&C: Coach Chad Holbrook

I think they are a good fit for each other, i wish him well. He probably shouldve started there but thats water under the bridge.

Reactions: sadd66
Not so fast. CofC President nullified the deal this morning. A lot of their baseball alumni, Brett Garnder included, are campaigning for Foxhall to take over.

Good for CofC! No offense to Holbrook, but he's not head coaching material. I wish him well as an assistant -- a job he is most suited for and one that could make him a comfortable living for a lifetime. The Cougars need to make a good decision here, especially considering that they may end up having to pay two head baseball coaching salaries for a while if they lose their lawsuit (a real possibility) against the coach they just fired.

It's easy for the alumni to demand something then when the coach fails blame the man who hired him. It's bad business to begin allowing alumni control over decision making. You don't want to begin making that a habit.

Reactions: 92Pony
Hmmm, interesting take by COC, if he cant win at USC how can he win here, sounds like they were reading our message boards before he was let go LOL!

I would want Foxhall to if I was them, to be perfectly honest.

Reactions: cocky4
Thanks King. I learned a new verb today. I admire your extensive vocabulary.
Dude, come on now!! King surfs thesaurus.com all day, night, week and month long!!

LOL!!! JUST KIDDING!!!! I like KW's posts myself 'cause they're for dang sure "non-typical" when comes to the actual verbal content and overall interest. Heck, I give him a 10 on the one you referenced!

Oh man is it boring right now or what??!! I'm ready for football season!!!

:cool::p:Do_O

Dude, come on now!! King surfs thesaurus.com all day, night, week and month long!!

LOL!!! JUST KIDDING!!!! I like KW's posts myself 'cause they're for dang sure "non-typical" when comes to the actual verbal content and overall interest. Heck, I give him a 10 on the one you referenced!

Oh man is it boring right now or what??!! I'm ready for football season!!!

:cool::p:Do_O
Things will be picking up shortly, My Friend from Lancaster.

Reactions: Anna_Nimmitty
IMO, this letter should have been written right after Heath was fired and not made public.

Interesting takes/impressions from the letter:
  • Moving from the SoCon to the CAA is a downgrade in competition.
  • Not scheduling CoC is a slight? Coastal wasn't on the schedule either..

I personally doubt that Chad will be coaching somewhere in 2018, and suggest that he might want to polish his speaking skills as a color commentator for games next season on SECN & ESPN3. Maybe he'll land a position for 2019.

CoC has a mess on their hands right now. Fortunately, USC does not have those kind of issues, and won't, IMO, under RT.

Last edited:
Weird, it's almost like Glenn McConnell has no idea what he's doing and got that job from his cronies in the legislature.

No offense, but, really . . . No $#!*. I like McConnell as CofC Prez, though. Love rubbing it in to my CofC friends! They get real testy when I bring up the subject.

Interesting takes/impressions from the letter:
  • Moving from the SoCon to the CAA is a downgrade in competition.
This is very true. The move to the CAA was seen as a pro-basketball move only. It was not well received by the baseball savy people at CofC because of the lack of quality competition in the CAA, not to mention the travel involved. Their closest competitor is UNC-W, nearly 4 hours away, as compared to SoCon competition across town and in state.

What is the story on the Heath guy they fired? I also want to know more about these "questionable recruiting actions" by Holbrook

Heath was fired due to allegations from players of "abusive behavior". However, it has become very clear that CofC did NOT do their due diligence before firing him, and it seems he has a very strong "wrongful termination" case.

As for the recruiting allegations, I say it's much ado about nothing. If CCH was doing something nefarious on the recruiting trail, we'd have heard about it from other SEC schools first, not CofC.

This is very true. The move to the CAA was seen as a pro-basketball move only. It was not well received by the baseball savy people at CofC because of the lack of quality competition in the CAA, not to mention the travel involved. Their closest competitor is UNC-W, nearly 4 hours away, as compared to SoCon competition across town and in state.

That conference move by CofC seems pretty dumb to me.

Heath was fired due to allegations from players of "abusive behavior". However, it has become very clear that CofC did NOT do their due diligence before firing him, and it seems he has a very strong "wrongful termination" case.

As for the recruiting allegations, I say it's much ado about nothing. If CCH was doing something nefarious on the recruiting trail, we'd have heard about it from other SEC schools first, not CofC.
Seems like, to use a phrase from the NCAA, there's a "lack of institutional control" down on George Street.

Holbrook would only take this job if he is desperate. This is a hornets nest for any coach that is walking into this from the start. Already have a large portion of the campus against you before you even sign your first recruit

Definitely wasn't a fan of CCH staying here, but never heard much about any questionable recruiting either. If there was a kid considering us and CofC, and was actually good enough to play here, than maybe he was saying why would you even consider them, and that crap conference? Doubt it was much more than that, and that is standard operating procedure, and Lord knows people slam USC all. the. time. If it was worse, he's gone, so water under the bridge. They obviously have an axe to grind with him, and like was already mentioned, the other SEC schools we consistently go head to head with for recruits have never said anything that I've heard, and they all hate us.....ask the Taters

I thought it was pretty bush league of this group to take a shot at Holbrook's ethics in an attempt to boost up another candidate.

I wish him the best though at Charleston. There's no reason not to.

Man. I have back and neck troubles, and this ish isn't helping. :confused: Now for some whiplash... and another muscler relaxer. In-out-in-out-in?

Not sure if I'm Chad if I'd want it with the kind of welcome.

GOCOCKS! BEATNCSTATE!

Man. I have back and neck troubles, and this ish isn't helping. :confused: Now for some whiplash... and another muscler relaxer. In-out-in-out-in?

Not sure if I'm Chad if I'd want it with the kind of welcome.

GOCOCKS! BEATNCSTATE!

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the story...

And people say Carolina's AD mishandles everything they touch...

Reactions: chick75

Ah heck "abusive behavior" now days could be he raised his voice at a slacker.

I was thinking the same thing when I heard the story...

And people say Carolina's AD mishandles everything they touch...
Any current "mishandling" by USC is not done publicly.

Okay, I got it wrong. The Holbrooks are moving down I-26. I figured that a season in the broadcasting booth would help him in press conferences.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT