ADVERTISEMENT

Panthers🤬

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Panthers need help on the o-line and they draft a corner, and of the two corners the one more likely to be a bust. Stupidity like this is why they suck year after year!

I love Horn, but they had so many options. Pick Fields, trade down, take Slater. And yet they take Horn. This was a need, and I love my Gamecocks, but I feel deflated.

Detroit screwed us!!! I don't mind the pick. I'd rather have him than any of the QBs. I wished they would have traded down though (if that was an option). Horn is going to be a stud!

As a panther fan not happy about it . It definitely fills a position of need but they should have taken the kid from Northwestern . LT has been a revolving door since Jordan Gross retired and this was the one chance to get that franchise blindside tackle for the next 10 years . Don’t like it at all . I think Horn will be a solid starter but he’s not a Gilmore , Jalen Ramsey type of shutdown corner . I thought he was wildly inconsistent at USC . He played like Deion against auburn and against LSU Terrance Marshall Jr destroyed him . Think the Panthers screwed the pooch here .

Reactions: agantt
As a panther fan not happy about it . It definitely fills a position of need but they should have taken the kid from Northwestern . LT has been a revolving door since Jordan Gross retired and this was the one chance to get that franchise blindside tackle for the next 10 years . Don’t like it at all . I think Horn will be a solid starter but he’s not a Gilmore , Jalen Ramsey type of shutdown corner . I thought he was wildly inconsistent at USC . He played like Deion against auburn and against LSU Terrance Marshall Jr destroyed him . Think the Panthers screwed the pooch here .
PFF consistently has Jaycee as one of the highest performing corners in college football. Gilmore was much more inconsistent during his college years.

PFF consistently has Jaycee as one of the highest performing corners in college football. Gilmore was much more inconsistent during his college years.

Very true . I just wasn’t that impressed with him . I thought in a few games he looked like an all American but other times he looked lost like most of the secondary . I’m sure he will be a solid pro but would have much rather have seen a franchise LT .

Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
He's really good, but not sure I agree with that. I'd have Lawrence, Fields, and Smith ahead of him as far as impact. I'd also say Sewell is better at his position than Pitts is at his. But he is a definite top 5 pick, especially the way a tight end can impact today's game.

I agree with you on Sewell . He looks like one of the best OL prospects in decades .

Still could've gotten Slater with that #8 pick. Haven't had a decent tackle play for the Panthers since Jordan Gross retired. Horn better learn fast cause the defense will have to pitch shutouts next year when the offense can't move or score behind the NFL's worst o-line. Oh well, wonder what the over/under is on games next year before Darnold is knocked out for the season🤦‍♂️

A pick that’s almost guaranteed to be first round worthy?

Wouldn’t go there.
It wasn’t an area of need for Atlanta. Their problems aren’t with having guys that can catch the ball. Unless you think he’s replacing Julio Jones it’s a pick that doesn’t fix your needs.

Still could've gotten Slater with that #8 pick. Haven't had a decent tackle play for the Panthers since Jordan Gross retired. Horn better learn fast cause the defense will have to pitch shutouts next year when the offense can't move or score behind the NFL's worst o-line. Oh well, wonder what the over/under is on games next year before Darnold is knocked out for the season🤦‍♂️

Agreed . Some analysts had Slater ranked ahead of Sewell or at least neck and neck . I was frankly shocked when the pick was announced . If not a tackle I was expecting possibly Devonte to replace Samuel . Devonte , DJ Moore , CMC and Robbie Anderson would be a defensive Coordinator’s nightmare. Again Jaycee fills a position of need and will be a solid player but missing out on Slater will haunt them for years .

Congrats to Horn! It's great to see dreams materialize with the amount of effort these guys put in. Seeing the excitement and joy when their name gets called, I don't see how anyone can be mad at these guys pursuing their dreams. Now the real work begins, show 'em what you're made of young man!

That's why I don't get too uptight when a player chooses to make a decision in their best interest, especially when they've represented our school well and left it all on the field. I'll continue to root for our former players to do well, and I hope our school/coaches will do everything in their power to maintain/foster good good relationships with our former players as it only helps strengthen our culture.

I remember what it was like when we barely had any players in the pros (football, basketball, baseball, etc...) so the past decade+ has been a great run!

Congrats to Horn! It's great to see dreams materialize with the amount of effort these guys put in. Seeing the excitement and joy when their name gets called, I don't see how anyone can be mad at these guys pursuing their dreams. Now the real work begins, show 'em what you're made of young man!

That's why I don't get too uptight when a player chooses to make a decision in their best interest, especially when they've represented our school well and left it all on the field. I'll continue to root for our former players to do well, and I hope our school/coaches will do everything in their power to maintain/foster good good relationships with our former players as it only helps strengthen our culture.

I remember what it was like when we barely had any players in the pros (football, basketball, baseball, etc...) so the past decade+ has been a great run!

Even though I didn’t like the pick as a Panthers fan I 100% agree with you . I guess all the “He quit on his team” crowd would have stepped up and wrote him a $20 million dollar check if he suffered a career ending injury . Yeah right . I have no problem with these kids putting their future above the whims of a bunch of middle aged college football fans . It’s a business . It rest squarely on the shoulders of the program . You didn’t see Trevor , Justin or the half a dozen Bama players drafted “quit” . Wonder why ?? Win more games and play in games that matter and this won’t be an issue . Very happy for Jaycee and all the kids who made their dreams come true this weekend.

Could have been worse. They could have drafted a TE with the 4th pick in the draft.

Kyle Pitts, welcome to the shithole of America! You can commit crimes and get away with it because the police are ineffectual. Just make sure you have a free voter ID if you want to vote.

Kyle Pitts, welcome to the shithole of America! You can commit crimes and get away with it because the police are ineffectual. Just make sure you have a free voter ID if you want to vote.

Come on bro . Atlanta is an awesome city . Funny that folks whose school resides in a capital city that flew the confederate flag over the state house for WAY to long can bash on Atlanta . Let’s keep the discussion on football my friend . I think Pitts will put up Antonio Gates , Tony Gonzalez type of numbers . He’s a stud

Thought they did ok in the 2nd and 3rd but the trade downs were annoying . Don’t understand trading down and then trading down from the picks you traded down for ??!! Don’t really see a point in stockpiling 6th round picks when all the talent will be gone . Guess that’s why I’m not a GM

Picked up Ibe as and UDFA as well. At least it’s a short drive for these guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT