ADVERTISEMENT

Payment Status Not Available

Last edited:
Got the portion we had coming. Had a screwup on my 2018 taxes and my son who was born that October wasn't listed as a child. Filed an amended return in January but that hasn't been processed yet. Will have to follow up once that's processed to get that extra $500.

Wife and I haven't gotten a refund for quite a few years, but we do receive direct deposit for Social Sec. I guess it'll show up in the account fairly soon.

Government websites are historically bad going back to the Obama care fiasco!

My guess is it will be mid May before enough data is dumped into the site for it to be effective. By then 70% of the funds will be distributed. Typical of government. The website should be fine for stimulus 2

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions#paymentnot

Who IS eligible

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have a work eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

• $75,000 for individuals
  • $112,500 for head of household filers and
  • $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns
Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their AGI is between:

• $75,000 and $99,000 if their filing status was single or married filing separately
  • 112,500 and $136,500 for head of household
  • $150,000 and $198,000 if their filing status was married filing jointly
The amount of the reduced payment will be based upon the taxpayers specific adjusted gross income.

Eligible retirees and recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement, disability or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a tax return will receive a payment. This also includes those who have no income, as well as those whose income comes entirely from certain benefit programs, such as Supplemental Security Income benefits.

Retirees who receive either Social Security retirement or Railroad Retirement benefits will also receive payments automatically.

Who NOT eligible

Although some filers, such as high-income filers, will not qualify for an Economic Impact Payment, most will.

Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if any of the following apply:

• Your adjusted gross income is greater than
    • $99,000 if your filing status was single or married filing separately
    • $136,500 for head of household
    • $198,000 if your filing status was married filing jointly
  • You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return. For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent’s return.
  • You do not have a valid Social Security number.
  • You are a nonresident alien.
  • You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.

I've been getting I'm the error message. Always have to write them a painful check every year so they don't have my direct deposit info.

Reactions: Cybercock
I've been getting I'm the error message. Always have to write them a painful check every year so they don't have my direct deposit info.
Yeah same here. Once I gave them what they wanted (SSN, address, AGI on 2019 return, direct deposit info) it was happy.

Yep! I am on SSN starting this year and my wife has been on SSN for several years. However, I made too much in 2018 and 2019 so I assume I am getting nothing or prorated.

Same. My wife and I make too much for the stimulus.

It’s fine though. we prefer it go to people who need the money now. The waitress at our favorite local place is using hers for household bills. She was in desperate need and I am glad she received it.

Most restaurants are open for take out, gas stations, pharmacies, grocery stores, Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot and probably more that I'm missing.
The businesses you named aren't local. I have gotten take out from a couple of local restaurants but luckily I still have a job so I don't need stimulus money to patronize them. Once things open up a bit more I will probably hire a local contractor to help with some projects. Not comfortable doing that right now.

Yeah same here. Once I gave them what they wanted (SSN, address, AGI on 2019 return, direct deposit info) it was happy.

Do you recall where you were able to submit your direct deposit info?

We have not received the money yet. We paid taxes in 2019 but got a refund in 2018. The tax payment was direct debited from my account on the 15th. I don't remember what it said when I went to the website, but I was able to enter my bank routing number and account number. So, we will see if we get the direct deposit next week.

Do you recall where you were able to submit your direct deposit info?
As I went thru the "registration", it gave me a screen to enter the info.

As best as I can recall, I logged onto the "Get My Payment" screen; it then had several way to retrieve your information. I chose the first, which was SSN and birthday (I think,) It then said it was unable to determine my eligibility (I think) and prompted for info like AGI from last years return, etc, Then with that info it determined that I was indeed eligible, that they did not have my direct deposit info (logical, since I have been owing some federal tax every year), and that I could provide that info now or have the check mailed to the address they had on record for me. I chose to provide the direct deposit info; the website then indicated to check back and it would provide my estimated receipt of the funds when available, and that the site was updated once a day. That was Thursday (I think :)

You are not alone with such a problem. What payment getaway company services are you using for your business? Maybe they have some issues with the servers. In that case, many different payment getaway companies can help you with some potent gambling payment processors. Those processors will allow you to make multiple operations per second and increase your profits quickly. So take your chances and try it. I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT