ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 11 Bitcoin ETFs Approved by SEC.

How many houses were bought with bitcoin last year?

I don't think it's fair to knock it. To many people, it's still a new idea and there is not much understanding of it.

Some will never be interested and that's fine.

But I approach the idea of it just like I do EVs. The future will be different than 2024.

Just as I think a lot of people will be driving EVs in the not too distant future, crytpo will be a major player with many people.

Are you trolling for exact stats on how many mortgages are dominated in BTC? Why would that matter at all?

You honestly don't see the issue of complaining about the dollar when your only effective way to spend bitcoin is by converting it to dollars?

You honestly don't see the issue of complaining about the dollar when your only effective way to spend bitcoin is by converting it to dollars?

Converting is the key word. You can't buy houses with stocks either. They must be sold for dollars.
The key reason you can't transact with bitcoin is that it's not traceable or trackable until its sold for its dollar equivalent value.

Reactions: Ward Jr
When I see other people make posts- like most made by people on here - that are straight out of the Trump political campaign's talking points, sometimes I will respond and point out the Dear Leader cult worship.

In August 1965, Gallup reported that 60% of Americans supported the war effort. By January 1967, it was 52% and declined further each year after. Nothing really stunning about those numbers. The numbers for the Iraq war effort, Afghanistan effort and many others often start out high, then dwindle as fatigue and reality set in.

Plenty of people, including Johnson were responsible.

I didn't look too hard but Gallup said in a poll taken in January 2018 that 69% of Democrats polled said we should have stayed out of Vietnam. Only 38% of Republicans said we should have stayed out.

I even know Richard Nixon tried to ruin the peace talks in his Presidential campaign in 1968 and extend the war, with more Americans dying.

"In one series of scribbles, H.R. Haldeman reported Henry Kissinger’s willingness to inform on his U.S. diplomatic colleagues, and keep Nixon updated on President Lyndon Johnson’s furious, eleventh-hour efforts to end the Vietnam War.

In late October 1968, the two men connected on what came to be known as “the Chennault Affair.” Nixon gave Haldeman his orders: Find ways to sabotage Johnson’s plans to stage productive peace talks, so that a frustrated American electorate would turn to the Republicans as their only hope to end the war."

Given the failed talks, aided by Nixon, one young man from my home county was a victim to that effort. He died in April 1969 of a gunshot to the stomach in Gia Dinh. He was 21. Per my father who was friends with him, he didn't think he had ever been out of our own county before he went to Vietnam.

A good read about Nixon's effort to sabotage the peace talks and extend the war

You are saying exactly what I have been saying on here since we began hating each other years ago.
It's not some of them in Washington. It's most all of them, no matter the party.
The drama they create is just a stage show.
Now with that said, why do we keep electing these folks? It's likely because they are the only choices we are given? And yes, they choose our choices.
Then there is Trump, who is not one of them and the inner circle is doing all they can to make sure he doesn't win. I'm not a fan of his personality however if he wasn't a threat to them and their deep state agenda, why would they be going after him with every and illegal tactic in the playbook?
ever ask yourself why people who have lied, cheated and stolen from the American public are obsessed with one man? They have never cared about us and now somehow they want us to think they do and Trumo is a threat to democracy?
He is a threat to them. Not us.

Oh and Kennedy is a threat to them also and you see what they did to silence him

Last edited:
Converting is the key word. You can't buy houses with stocks either. They must be sold for dollars.
The key reason you can't transact with bitcoin is that it's not traceable or trackable until its sold for its dollar equivalent value.
But a stock isn't a currency. You guys are claiming the value of Bitcoin is that it's a currency.

I see what you are saying. Pesos are a currency but you can't buy a house in the US with Pesos.

But Mexican Pesos are used for billions of American dollars worth of real estate purchases in Mexico. You're not really making a valid comparison. Isn't the benefit of bitcoin supposedly that it's a currency without borders?

The reality is the value of Bitcoin is that people see it as an investment vehicle and not a currency.

But Mexican Pesos are used for billions of American dollars worth of real estate purchases in Mexico. You're not really making a valid comparison. Isn't the benefit of bitcoin supposedly that it's a currency without borders?

The reality is the value of Bitcoin is that people see it as an investment vehicle and not a currency.

It's being used both ways as both a store of value and a medium of exchange across the world. Why does this matter to you though? Bitcoin can be converted into USD within 30 seconds. The fact that merchants in the US still mostly accept the US Dollar is irrelevant in terms of smart financial positioning. The US legacy system is always the last to adopt anything.

Buying A House - 2020 vs. Today
In Jan 1, 2020, an middle/upper middle class around my area went for around $500K. Today, just over 3 years later, it's now around $1,000,000. But that's just part of the story. In 2020, interest rates were around 3%. Today they are around 7%. So the monthly payment on a middle class home is approximately 3.2 times higher (320%) than it was 3 years ago. The net present value of a $500K home at 3% in 2020 was $758K. The new present value of that same house priced at $1,000,000 w/ 7% rate today is $2.4 million. This is what the climate change children should actually focus their ire on. This is the middle class being priced out by our government and the inflation they create via corrupt money printing.

Illustrating the strength of Bitcoin vs. US Dollar over same period
From a BTC perspective, that house in 2020 was 70.2 Bitcoin. Today, it's only 22 BTC. That's a 68% decrease in the price of the house if you were in Bitcoin versus a 100% increase if you were in the US Dollar. And if you finance the house, it's a 68% decrease versus a 320% increase.

Update on example above: Bitcoin has crossed $65K so it would take only 15.38 BTC today to purchase the $1,000,000 home. So that's a 78% decline in price in BTC since 2020 versus a 100% increase in price in USD if you paid for the house outright.

Bitcoin continues to go up. I will be reallocating between my crypto positions real soon (many ways to trade bitcoin). Be careful. I expect a 10%-30% pull back soon. (NOTE: Please don't invest based on my thoughts as I know little and claim less).

It's being used both ways as both a store of value and a medium of exchange across the world. Why does this matter to you though? Bitcoin can be converted into USD within 30 seconds. The fact that merchants in the US still mostly accept the US Dollar is irrelevant in terms of smart financial positioning. The US legacy system is always the last to adopt anything.

Because it’s almost exclusively an investment vehicle with no underlying value other than like buying it. It’s exactly why it’s a scam.

Because it’s almost exclusively an investment vehicle with no underlying value other than like buying it. It’s exactly why it’s a scam.

Ha. How is that a scam, Watson? Do you feel scammed when you're invested in a CD, mutual fund, stock, bond, home, gold, silver, oil, etc?

No, because those things all have underlying value.

Then you simply don't understand Bitcoin or Proof-of-Work (mining). Study it for a few hours and you'll probably feel much different than how the talking heads on TV are telling you to think.

Last edited:
Bitcoin continues to go up. I will be reallocating between my crypto positions real soon (many ways to trade bitcoin). Be careful. I expect a 10%-30% pull back soon. (NOTE: Please don't invest based on my thoughts as I know little and claim less).

You're not concerned about short term cap gains eating into your gains -- especially during this institutional inflow period?

Personally believe all-time high areas will be met very soon.

Then will probably come a big leverage flush out.

This is when mainstream investors will panic.

And that could be a generational time to load up on everything going into the halving.

Reactions: turncock
You're not concerned about short term cap gains eating into your gains -- especially during this institutional inflow period?

And that could be a generational time to load up on everything going into the halving.
That's a very astute comment. I try to trade my profitable positions in an IRA account and an "Inherited IRA" account. I try to trade losses in my taxable accounts. That strategy is not always available though. A few years ago, I had to pay, I recall $230,000 in taxes. If I could have avoided that, I would have. It was just impossible knowing what I knew (as much as a non-insider would know) what was coming up for those stocks, compared to what I bought with those profits. The legendary investor Jim Rogers has said that he loves paying taxes because it means he is making more money. I like Mr. Rogers. But that comment from Mr. Rogers did not ease my pain.

In the reallocation within my crypto portfolio this morning, 91% of my profits came in one of those IRA accounts. The other 9% unfortunately came in a taxable account. It is what it is.

Just to add: I trimmed 2/3 of a crypto stock, I feel is running on fumes, for another crypto stock that I believe has lots of nuclear fuel in it. Time will tell.

Last edited:
That's a very astute comment. I try to trade my profitable positions in an IRA account and an "Inherited IRA" account. I try to trade losses in my taxable accounts. That strategy is not always available though. A few years ago, I had to pay, I recall $230,000 in taxes. If I could have avoided that, I would have. It was just impossible knowing what I knew (as much as a non-insider would know) what was coming up for those stocks, compared to what I bought with those profits. The legendary investor Jim Rogers has said that he loves paying taxes because it means he is making more money. I like Mr. Rogers. But that comment from Mr. Rogers did not ease my pain.

In the reallocation within my crypto portfolio this morning, 91% of my profits came in one of those IRA accounts. The other 9% unfortunately came in a taxable account. It is what it is.

Just to add: I trimmed 2/3 of a crypto stock, I feel is running on fumes, for another crypto stock that I believe has lots of nuclear fuel in it. Time will tell.
By the way Ward, I did nearly the same thing in another sector this morning. Except I traded completely out of 2 stocks for 2 others, that based on their revenue streams, have way, way more leverage, now that the sector APPEARS to have broken out. Always looking for where I can get the most bang for the buck.

By the way Ward, I did nearly the same thing in another sector this morning. Except I traded completely out of 2 stocks for 2 others, that based on their revenue streams, have way, way more leverage, now that the sector APPEARS to have broken out. Always looking for where I can get the most bang for the buck.

We're definitely entering a liquidity phase for many markets. Election year, pending FED rate cuts, having, etc. One to keep an eye on is Chainlink. Lower MC, ETF on the horizon and the vehicle for tokenizing the world (RWAs). If BTC has a deep consolidate pullback, there could be a great entry point. It might not though. Word has it the BTC OTC market it drying up. The Country of Qatar went on a buying spree.

History doesn't necessarily repeat itself but often rhymes -- especially in trading. We'll see.

Keeping my fingers crossed. But even 84 days would be fast. I have expected BTC to get to 125,000, next year, with a parabolic move starting in November. But I'd love to be wrong with it getting there this year (coinciding with a surprisingly much, much better than expected year for Gamecock football).

New big players getting big positions.

I've argued previously that USC should have allocated a small portion of their endowment fund to BTC. Harvard and Northwestern were out in front on this. Imagine the NIL funding?

Reactions: gamecock stock
When I see other people make posts- like most made by people on here - that are straight out of the Trump political campaign's talking points, sometimes I will respond and point out the Dear Leader cult worship.

In August 1965, Gallup reported that 60% of Americans supported the war effort. By January 1967, it was 52% and declined further each year after. Nothing really stunning about those numbers. The numbers for the Iraq war effort, Afghanistan effort and many others often start out high, then dwindle as fatigue and reality set in.

Plenty of people, including Johnson were responsible.

I didn't look too hard but Gallup said in a poll taken in January 2018 that 69% of Democrats polled said we should have stayed out of Vietnam. Only 38% of Republicans said we should have stayed out.

I even know Richard Nixon tried to ruin the peace talks in his Presidential campaign in 1968 and extend the war, with more Americans dying.

"In one series of scribbles, H.R. Haldeman reported Henry Kissinger’s willingness to inform on his U.S. diplomatic colleagues, and keep Nixon updated on President Lyndon Johnson’s furious, eleventh-hour efforts to end the Vietnam War.

In late October 1968, the two men connected on what came to be known as “the Chennault Affair.” Nixon gave Haldeman his orders: Find ways to sabotage Johnson’s plans to stage productive peace talks, so that a frustrated American electorate would turn to the Republicans as their only hope to end the war."

Given the failed talks, aided by Nixon, one young man from my home county was a victim to that effort. He died in April 1969 of a gunshot to the stomach in Gia Dinh. He was 21. Per my father who was friends with him, he didn't think he had ever been out of our own county before he went to Vietnam.

A good read about Nixon's effort to sabotage the peace talks and extend the war

Sourcing a Democrat’s memoirs is really rich. You might just as well source material on the war from the liberal dipshit from the Kennedy Administration that spoke at my Carolina commencement years ago. You might want to read and source material from other perspectives on the Vietnam war. I highly recommend “A Bright Shining Lie” (Vann) and “ The Best and the Brightest” (Halberstam). As one who was drafted during that time I have read extensively on the subject over the years.

Last edited:
New big players getting big positions.

I've argued previously that USC should have allocated a small portion of their endowment fund to BTC. Harvard and Northwestern were out in front on this. Imagine the NIL funding?

The Stanford people are not known for being dummies in the academic circles. I mentioned 125,000 above. What I did not say was that is the minimum I expect. Actually, it's the 125,000-250,000 range.

Stanford is considered a "conservative" institution. Republican administrations have pulled from Stanford to fill positions within their administrations. So I'm happy to see a "7% " allocation to bitcoin. I wrote earlier on this thread that I reduced my allocation from 8.5% to 6.5% (actually I reduced to 6.55%). That's my always core....6.55%. A study I saw stated that 6.55% is the "optimum" allocation. Glad to see I'm in line with Stanford's thinking. Our state of South Carolina always seems to be late. For too many years, the State of South Carolina invested its public pension funds only into bonds. It took a state referendum to move our state into the 20st century of investments. It may unfortunately take another referendum to move our institutions into the 21st century ...SMH.

Last edited:

You absolutely nailed it here.

Buying A House - 2020 vs. Today
In Jan 1, 2020, an middle/upper middle class around my area went for around $500K. Today, just over 3 years later, it's now around $1,000,000. But that's just part of the story. In 2020, interest rates were around 3%. Today they are around 7%. So the monthly payment on a middle class home is approximately 3.2 times higher (320%) than it was 3 years ago. The net present value of a $500K home at 3% in 2020 was $758K. The new present value of that same house priced at $1,000,000 w/ 7% rate today is $2.4 million. This is what the climate change children should actually focus their ire on. This is the middle class being priced out by our government and the inflation they create via corrupt money printing.

Illustrating the strength of Bitcoin vs. US Dollar over same period
From a BTC perspective, that house in 2020 was 70.2 Bitcoin. Today, it's
$1M average? You live in Hilton Head or something? I thought it was Lancaster. I live in Aiken off a golf course in a good neighborhood. All the homes are 3k sq ft or more but none are $1M. My neighbors across the street live in a 5k sq ft brick castle with big columns and a pool. It's probably the most expensive house in the neighborhood valued around $650k.

Sourcing a Democrat’s memoirs is really rich. You might just as well source material on the war from the liberal dipshit from the Kennedy Administration that spoke at my Carolina commencement years ago. You might want to read and source material from other perspectives on the Vietnam war. I highly recommend “A Bright Shining Lie” (Vann) and “ The Best and the Brightest” (Halberstam). As one who was drafted during that time I have read extensively on the subject over the years.

I'm not debating the damn Vietnam war with you. You are nuts. LOL

H.R. Haldeman was not a Democrat. He was Nixon's Chief of Staff. We have the actual notes.

H.R. Haldeman's Notes from Oct. 22, 1968
DEC. 31, 2016

During a phone call on the night of Oct. 22, 1968, Richard M. Nixon told his closest aide (and future chief of staff) H.R. Haldeman to "monkey wrench" President Lyndon B. Johnson's efforts to begin peace negotiations over the Vietnam War. Nixon long denied giving such an order, but Haldeman's notes, which were quietly made public in 2007 and were recently discovered by the historian Jack Farrell, prove he was lying.

No reason for you to do it too.

You are saying exactly what I have been saying on here since we began hating each other years ago.
It's not some of them in Washington. It's most all of them, no matter the party.
The drama they create is just a stage show.
Now with that said, why do we keep electing these folks? It's likely because they are the only choices we are given? And yes, they choose our choices.
Then there is Trump, who is not one of them and the inner circle is doing all they can to make sure he doesn't win. I'm not a fan of his personality however if he wasn't a threat to them and their deep state agenda, why would they be going after him with every and illegal tactic in the playbook?
ever ask yourself why people who have lied, cheated and stolen from the American public are obsessed with one man? They have never cared about us and now somehow they want us to think they do and Trumo is a threat to democracy?
He is a threat to them. Not us.

Oh and Kennedy is a threat to them also and you see what they did to silence him

Hating each other is irrelevant. This isn't 3rd grade.

Trump is fool. He's as much "them" as anyone could be. The fool wallows in back-room deal-making and is a slimy as they come. Most of his own advisors couldn't trust him.

He's POS liar who lies with every breath.

Anyone that thinks he's "not one of them" is a big an idiot as he is.

conspiracy nuts are nuts.

Hating each other is irrelevant. This isn't 3rd grade.

Trump is fool. He's as much "them" as anyone could be. The fool wallows in back-room deal-making and is a slimy as they come. Most of his own advisors couldn't trust him.

He's POS liar who lies with every breath.

Anyone that thinks he's "not one of them" is a big an idiot as he is.

conspiracy nuts are nuts.
Irrelevant. Says the guy that wanted to meet me out back and fight.

I'm not debating the damn Vietnam war with you. You are nuts. LOL

H.R. Haldeman was not a Democrat. He was Nixon's Chief of Staff. We have the actual notes.

H.R. Haldeman's Notes from Oct. 22, 1968
DEC. 31, 2016

During a phone call on the night of Oct. 22, 1968, Richard M. Nixon told his closest aide (and future chief of staff) H.R. Haldeman to "monkey wrench" President Lyndon B. Johnson's efforts to begin peace negotiations over the Vietnam War. Nixon long denied giving such an order, but Haldeman's notes, which were quietly made public in 2007 and were recently discovered by the historian Jack Farrell, prove he was lying.

No reason for you to do it too.

So let me get this straight: you are finding fault with an incoming presidential candidate trying to subvert a crappy peace negotiations because said candidate thought he had a better idea about such negotiations. Is that correct? My question is So What? The Iran Peace negotiations come to mind where every candidate has his/her mind how they should be done.

Every candidate attempts to undermine the other party’s efforts in international agreements when a change of administration is imminent.

In 1968, North Vietnam began the Tet Offensive and it was obvious that Nixon would win the election. The Democrats had just experienced the most violent Convention since that of 1860. The party was so fragmented that no Democrat had a chance. Nixon no doubt felt Johnson would roll over on a peace deal to salvage his awful war reputation. Nixon felt he could get better results with his own negotiations —perhaps by bringing the North to its knees via the Linebacker bombing strategies.

I have one other thought: you do realize Haldeman was found guilty of perjury and obstruction of justice and subsequently served time in Federal prison? But now you believe his notes that were found a great deal of time after his death? Interesting. Too bad he wasn’t around to validate what was written in those notes.

$1M average? You live in Hilton Head or something? I thought it was Lancaster. I live in Aiken off a golf course in a good neighborhood. All the homes are 3k sq ft or more but none are $1M. My neighbors across the street live in a 5k sq ft brick castle with big columns and a pool. It's probably the most expensive house in the neighborhood valued around $650k.

Yep - It's definitely lower in middle SC. I've got a place on John's Island. A good part of the Lowcountry area is now in that price range for a middle class home and that's with little to no AirBnB price pressure.

Mount Pleasant is even higher at this point. Below is a very basic home listing with no yard or privacy coming in at $1.14m. https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2500-Rivertowne-Pkwy-Mount-Pleasant-SC-29466/110231040_zpid/

Greenville area:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/110-Augusta-Ct-Greenville-SC-29605/11005662_zpid/

Sounds like my neighborhood in Aiken. We could be neighbors. LOL

Most all asset will eventually be tokenized. SWIFT NETWORK has 11,000 global banks. $5Trillion a day in transaction volume. Chainlink.

Dave Ramsey on home ownership w/ accompanying napkin math. :)

-------------

“These principles are timeless”

Median home price in USA is 382k in 2024

15 year fixed rate today is 6.81%

Let’s pretend you were able to save 10% for a down payment (38k)

Mortgage is 344k

Payments per month would be $3051 before taxes, insurance, and possible PMI

Payments would be about $3500 with everything, on average

If you only allowed to use 1/4 of your salary per month, you must make 14k per month or 168k per year

Ramsey actually said it needs to be 1/4 of your take home pay so you are looking at needing to make 250k plus before taxes

Median household income in the USA is $74,480

You will own nothing and be happy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT