ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction for remainder of Carolina's season

I know we won't be favored (outside of the Citadel) but I just think we'll get one of the three big ones left. It sure would put a nice note on an otherwise unpleasant season.

2-2 the rest of the way out. Got a feeling we will surprise either Tenn., Fl., or Qwimpsun. But hey, I've been wrong before (once or twice).

Reactions: IPOC369
I don't know...The Citadel looks like the only win left...but I didn't expect a close A&M game. There are too many questions.I think 4-0 is impossible..... I would hope 3-1....feel great about 2-2....expect a 1-3....and 0-4 the wheels are already off but that would really not be good.....being realistic says 1-3...being optimistic says 2-2.....being overly optimistic is 3-1....needing to see a doctor....4-0.

Got 3 tough games left with one cupcake. Logic would dictate 3 losses and 1 win to end the season at 4-8. I'd think that it's prolly 60% that you guys end up that way.

Anything is possible I guess. You guys will probably be pretty beat up after two weeks of Tenn/Florida games and El Cids offense is triple option. If you guys get caught between those two tough games and Clemson the following week (I'd assume that Elliot is going to try and rally the team and view Clemson as a "Superbowl" game... that's what I'd do for sure) that game could be really interesting. I can't see them hanging with you guys the entire game, but it has happened. Again, not likely.

Tenn is going to be a tough out. It's at their place and they have a ton of talent that has certainly been wasted this year. They just pissed away games against Florida, OU, and Arkansas (maybe we should coin the phrase "Volunteering" ... never mind, already a word). So there's no doubt that you could be in this one. In fact, as long as the defense can show up and get a few stops, I think this is your most likely game to pull the upset. Unlikely, but stranger things have happened. This year. To Tennessee. Arkansas says hi.

Florida at WB. I just can't see you guys winning this one. Their defense is the real deal against the run and I just don't see your passing game (protecting the QB especially) getting enough to win here.

Clemson at WB. Again, you guys could win this one. It's at home. IF Clemson beats FSU this year, they will be looking at the ACCC game the following week and hoping for a playoff berth. Classic trap game situation. I'd say your best shot would be to play your mobile QB and keep him moving outside the pocket and attacking by throwing at the Clemson LBs on drag routes and RBs out of the backfield. Honestly, from the games I've watched, I can't see your defense stopping Clemson's offense. You guys are out manned and Clemson's attack is very balanced and they get the ball to a ton of different people. It IS possible to slow it down by playing dime and forcing Clemson to grind it out on the ground. That's your best shot IMHO, force a slower pace and hope Clemson makes some mistakes and/or turnovers. Remember that the longer USC hangs around in this game, the more the pressure mounts on Clemson to win this game while you guys have nothing to lose. Again, unlikely but not impossible.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT