ADVERTISEMENT

President Caslen Addresses The Team

If we were serious about football the team would address President Caslen.

The 19 year olds are there to receive an education, not to educate.

giphy.gif

Remember how you knew everything when you were 19???

Used to be adults would just tell a teenager "you don't know anything." Now they cater to teenagers.

Great speech. I was not at all a fan of the hiring process for this president. But I wish him well, because he is the leader of our University now.

I was not a fan of the hiring process as well, and still believe that it was handled poorly. With that said, I'll wait and see if Caslen is able to unite the university/students.

This speech certainly is a good start. He appears to be a fan of athletics, and hopefully our university will thrive both academically and athletically under his watch.

I was not a fan of the hiring process as well, and still believe that it was handled poorly. With that said, I'll wait and see if Caslen is able to unite the university/students.

This speech certainly is a good start. He appears to be a fan of athletics, and hopefully our university will thrive both academically and athletically under his watch.

Here's hoping. A university president's #1 job, far and away, is raising $$$$ (some might say it's the only thing they need to focus on). Be a great ambassador, make the rounds, glad hand with folk and bring in the $$$$. Everything takes money. Deans, department chairs, etc take care of the academic stuff.

Back in the day there was a Star trek (original; Shatner/Nimoy) episode titled "The Grumps", a play on "grownups."

Young people have always been of the opinion that they are the enlightened and the ones to finally "make a difference." Then they too grow up and see that there were reasons all along, and valid ones, for the occurrences and situations they were so agitated about. Right now, they don't know they don't know.

The difference is that now the media hyper-highlights this "enlightenment" so they can have some drama to peddle. Protests, antifa, blah blah, its always young shites that would absolutely soil themselves if they were to receive a summons saying they had been drafted and to report to their processing station.

Speaking of which, the 26th amendment was put in place to give a voice to young people in that position. I am NOT COMFORTABLE at all with today's 18-21 year olds, and truthfully even a bit beyond that, having a voice in elections.

Back in the day there was a Star trek (original; Shatner/Nimoy) episode titled "The Grumps", a play on "grownups."

Young people have always been of the opinion that they are the enlightened and the ones to finally "make a difference." Then they too grow up and see that there were reasons all along, and valid ones, for the occurrences and situations they were so agitated about. Right now, they don't know they don't know.

The difference is that now the media hyper-highlights this "enlightenment" so they can have some drama to peddle. Protests, antifa, blah blah, its always young shites that would absolutely soil themselves if they were to receive a summons saying they had been drafted and to report to their processing station.

Speaking of which, the 26th amendment was put in place to give a voice to young people in that position. I am NOT COMFORTABLE at all with today's 18-21 year olds, and truthfully even a bit beyond that, having a voice in elections.

It's such a weird and possibly disastrous shift.

For most of history, part of raising/educating young people was protecting them from themselves. If a 4 year old boy said he was a girl, you just played it off and reminded him that, no, he's a boy. He went on his way and forgot about it. Now it's supposed to be indulged.

Kids of all ages, well into their teens, THINK they know what's best. My 2 year old is VERY adamant at times that she doesn't need to sit in her car seat. Am I supposed to indulge that? Of course not. Because I know it's best for her safety.

It's always been understood that adults have lived more life, experienced more things and know more stuff (in general...you have some dumb adults). It's always been the job of adults to younger people when they were making bad decision. Now, for the first time in history, society is turning the tables and wholesale indulging/approving whatever "enlightened" ideas kids have.

Reactions: SCexpat38
Who could have predicted that this thread would turn into a new round of bitching about the presidential search?

Reactions: 92Pony
Sorry. I'm pretty good with sarcasm. But your post was incomprehensible.
Yes because having the team address the university president is totally reasonable. I could see how you didn’t get it. jeez....

It's such a weird and possibly disastrous shift.

For most of history, part of raising/educating young people was protecting them from themselves. If a 4 year old boy said he was a girl, you just played it off and reminded him that, no, he's a boy. He went on his way and forgot about it. Now it's supposed to be indulged.

Kids of all ages, well into their teens, THINK they know what's best. My 2 year old is VERY adamant at times that she doesn't need to sit in her car seat. Am I supposed to indulge that? Of course not. Because I know it's best for her safety.

It's always been understood that adults have lived more life, experienced more things and know more stuff (in general...you have some dumb adults). It's always been the job of adults to younger people when they were making bad decision. Now, for the first time in history, society is turning the tables and wholesale indulging/approving whatever "enlightened" ideas kids have.
Toddlers and people in their 20s are not the same. We don't send toddlers to wars or prisons and they don't pay tuition.

I feel the same way about people over age 60.

My dad, in the 1970s use to say the same thing about 18-21 year olds. You’ve become your old man.

And in many cases it’s young people that have led us from inventions that changed the world to protesting those “smart adults” that got us into repeated disastrous wars that killed tens of thousands of our young people for no reason at all.

And in many cases it’s young people that have led us from inventions that changed the world to protesting those “smart adults” that got us into repeated disastrous wars that killed tens of thousands of our young people for no reason at all.

Lol, and there ya go.

What is the Big opposition to the new President. Three star General. Superintendent of one of the best universities in the country and great leadership skills. He might not have been my first choice, but I think it was a good choice. I wouldn't match against him. He's our President, let's get behind him.

Reactions: kidrobinski
Here's hoping. A university president's #1 job, far and away, is raising $$$$ (some might say it's the only thing they need to focus on). Be a great ambassador, make the rounds, glad hand with folk and bring in the $$$$. Everything takes money. Deans, department chairs, etc take care of the academic stuff.

. . . and such is life.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT