ADVERTISEMENT

Pretender panthers being exposed by Dallas

ScWildthing61

Sep 10, 2011
Panthers not ready for the next level, this might be the year when Dallas puts it all together.

They have a great running gqme, but for a young team, coaching staff and new qb in the system the Panthers haven’t looked exposed or overwhelmed by a Dallas team that always is supposed to great!

Reactions: Cockopotamus
48d275f102c6b8a59a0ee07c41a0dfb8.jpg

Reactions: Cockopotamus
Not really. Had a horrific fumble call blown resulting in a possible 12-13 point swing. Had a horrible 3rd quarter but regrouped. Lost by 8 and what would've been the score with McCaffrey playing whose automatic for 160 all purpose yards.

Not really. Had a horrific fumble call blown resulting in a possible 12-13 point swing. Had a horrible 3rd quarter but regrouped. Lost by 8 and what would've been the score with McCaffrey playing whose automatic for 160 all purpose yards.
Yeah, the pretenders were exposed!

Yeah, the pretenders were exposed!

Oh I guess the last team not to be pretenders were the 72 Dolphins since they were the last to fit the criteria of not losing a game. Thanks I'll have a new perspective on how to watch the NFL now that you've helped lol.....

Oh I guess the last team not to be pretenders were the 72 Dolphins since they were the last to fit the criteria of not losing a game. Thanks I'll have a new perspective on how to watch the NFL now that you've helped lol.....
It’s called sarcasm!

Kind of a dumb thread considering the Panthers are missing a top 3 league RB. I know you shouldn’t lean too heavily on one player, but the Panthers are absolutely a different team when McCaffreys on the field.

All that said, the Cardinals, Rams, and Bucs are all far superior to the Cowboys or Panthers, so you’re kidding yourself if you think the Cowboys have finally got it all together.

Kind of a dumb thread considering the Panthers are missing a top 3 league RB. I know you shouldn’t lean too heavily on one player, but the Panthers are absolutely a different team when McCaffreys on the field.

All that said, the Cardinals, Rams, and Bucs are all far superior to the Cowboys or Panthers, so you’re kidding yourself if you think the Cowboys have finally got it all together.
Based on that first game I can't see how the Bucs are far superior, or superior at all. If the Cowboys can stay healthy on offense, they will be able to play with anyone.

The Cowboys look like they did to me. Plus they will be getting some star players back as the season progresses. It looks like the Cowboys will cake walk to the NFC East title. Playoffs are always tough. They are hardly the favorite, but in any single game can play with anyone.

The Panthers aren't pretenders, the Cowboys are just that good. Carolina is what we thought they were -- a wildcard playoff team. Dallas might legit be at the top of the NFC with that rushing offense. If you really want to declare the Panthers dead after they got hosed by officiating and are also missing their best player, well, okay then -- but they clearly just ran into a better team today and still have one of the league's stronger defenses, if nothing else. There are way too many weird, bitter SC folks who hate the Panthers but love Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. It's a bad look for y'all, but keep riding that bandwagon I guess.

The Panthers aren't pretenders, the Cowboys are just that good. Carolina is what we thought they were -- a wildcard playoff team. Dallas might legit be at the top of the NFC with that rushing offense. If you really want to declare the Panthers dead after they got hosed by officiating and are also missing their best player, well, okay then -- but they clearly just ran into a better team today and still have one of the league's stronger defenses, if nothing else. There are way too many weird, bitter SC folks who hate the Panthers but love Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. It's a bad look for y'all, but keep riding that bandwagon I guess.
I think most of the people around here that pull for teams like the Cowboys, Packers, Washington, etc., have been fans of those teams before the Panthers existed. I'm not going to drop the team I've pulled for since I was 6 years old just because a new team moved in nearby.

Sure, and that's fair -- but the people who make snide comments about the "Charlotte Panthers" while pulling for the Packers or some other national bandwagon team they've never even stepped foot inside the stadium of? Yeah, I got a problem with that. Root for who you want, but you don't get to be bitter about the Panthers being based in NC when SC's own laws were what prevented them from being here, and you definitely don't get to be bitter about location when you also happen to root for a team that's hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away.

The Cowboys look like they did to me. Plus they will be getting some star players back as the season progresses. It looks like the Cowboys will cake walk to the NFC East title. Playoffs are always tough. They are hardly the favorite, but in any single game can play with anyone.

oh I agree they’ll win the East, that’s hardly even an accomplishment. As for them having it altogether, and speaking to Dizzy’s comment about the Bucs not being far superior by the week 1 game…

-yeah, the Bucs beat them by 2 in week 1. But all the Bucs have to do is make the playoffs and they become a different team. Pretty much everybody has to play Brady in the playoffs at this point suffer from “1986 Mike Tyson Syndrome” in which their nerves defeat them.

-as of now, the Arizona Cardinals are a buzzsaw. They look to me like the best team in the NFL. The best WR Corp in the league, a top shelf rushing game, AND a top shelf defense. I see pretty much no weaknesses in this team as of right now.

-Rams- up until today, they too looked like a buzzsaw. I think what happened today speaks more for how good the Cardinals are than it does about the Rams. This Rams team is better than the Superbowl Rams team from a couple years ago IMO. They are probably a top 4 team in the league.

Dallas IMO doesn’t have a defense anywhere close to being on par with any of those 3 teams. Dallas MAY be better or equal to Seattle, considering Seattle’s defense is also pretty bad. But I’m not convinced of that really either. So IMO, Dallas is probably 5th, or MAYBE 4th, best team in the NFC. And that doesn’t even factor in where the Packers come into the mix either.

Preach it CarolinaBro. I dropped the Dolphins, the day we played our first game
Right on, man. I'm on the younger side, so I've been a Panthers fan since they started up (I was 10-11 at the time), but for another comparison -- as much as I have loved the Braves over all these years, I'd drop them in a second if NC or SC got an MLB team.

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
Right on, man. I'm on the younger side, so I've been a Panthers fan since they started up (I was 10-11 at the time), but for another comparison -- as much as I have loved the Braves over all these years, I'd drop them in a second if NC or SC got an MLB team.
But why if NC got a team? It's just another state, like Georgia.

But why if NC got a team? It's just another state, like Georgia.
I'm from NC and live there now, just happened to move to SC for a while and go to school at Carolina. Regardless, I prioritize geographic proximity when it comes to rooting for pro teams.

I can’t believe we are having this conversation 4 games into a 17 game season. The cowgirls haven’t sniffed a super bowl since Clinton was fooling around with an intern in the Oval Office.

I'm from NC and live there now, just happened to move to SC for a while and go to school at Carolina. Regardless, I prioritize geographic proximity when it comes to rooting for pro teams.
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed you were in SC. I don't pull for the Panthers, but I'm not anti-Panther. I think a lot of it is based in anti-ACC/Tobacco Road bias, and an inferiority complex that many South Carolinians have about NC.

Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed you were in SC. I don't pull for the Panthers, but I'm not anti-Panther. I think a lot of it is based in anti-ACC/Tobacco Road bias, and an inferiority complex that many South Carolinians have about NC.
No worries man, and I agree. No need for the inferiority complex, though -- both states are in a race to the bottom, lol.

Cmon Now. The Phins had some good teams with Marino...lol
He was good. I remember The A-Team premiered after the only Super Bowl he played in. I still remember seeing Mr. T on the sideline that night.

oh I agree they’ll win the East, that’s hardly even an accomplishment. As for them having it altogether, and speaking to Dizzy’s comment about the Bucs not being far superior by the week 1 game…

-yeah, the Bucs beat them by 2 in week 1. But all the Bucs have to do is make the playoffs and they become a different team. Pretty much everybody has to play Brady in the playoffs at this point suffer from “1986 Mike Tyson Syndrome” in which their nerves defeat them.

-as of now, the Arizona Cardinals are a buzzsaw. They look to me like the best team in the NFL. The best WR Corp in the league, a top shelf rushing game, AND a top shelf defense. I see pretty much no weaknesses in this team as of right now.

-Rams- up until today, they too looked like a buzzsaw. I think what happened today speaks more for how good the Cardinals are than it does about the Rams. This Rams team is better than the Superbowl Rams team from a couple years ago IMO. They are probably a top 4 team in the league.

Dallas IMO doesn’t have a defense anywhere close to being on par with any of those 3 teams. Dallas MAY be better or equal to Seattle, considering Seattle’s defense is also pretty bad. But I’m not convinced of that really either. So IMO, Dallas is probably 5th, or MAYBE 4th, best team in the NFC. And that doesn’t even factor in where the Packers come into the mix either.
I agree that they are about the 4th best NFC team. But to me, by definition, any team good enough to be fourth in the conference "has it together". Teams that don't have it together? Try the Detroit lions, Atlanta Falcons and NY Giants. Those teams don't have it together. Dallas may have a few weak spots, but they pretty well have it together and will finish somewhere between 11-6 to 13-4. (Remember now a 17 game season). Arizona won't go 17-0 but they will beat Dallas record as will a couple of other teams. The middle of that range, 12-5 is still a darn good team.

I’ve been a Cowboy fan my whole life and I wouldn’t pull for another team if they built a stadium across the street from my house. Much like I have always felt about the Gamecocks. My hatred for the Panthers goes way back. I sat in the stadium when a declining Cowboys team lost a playoff game to an up and coming Panther team. I listened as the fans openly cheered every Dallas player that got injured . Struck me as a bunch of transplant inbreed clemsuck fans.

Reactions: Jbouton2
I’ve been a Cowboy fan my whole life and I wouldn’t pull for another team if they built a stadium across the street from my house. Much like I have always felt about the Gamecocks. My hatred for the Panthers goes way back. I sat in the stadium when a declining Cowboys team lost a playoff game to an up and coming Panther team. I listened as the fans openly cheered every Dallas player that got injured . Struck me as a bunch of transplant inbreed clemsuck fans.
Know some who went to that game. Beer thrown on them, cussing their spouses. They thought they were at an Eagles game!

Reactions: CockFamily6
Honestly both teams are legit . Rhule and the new GM have have done an INCREDIBLE job turning that team around . People laughed at the Darnald signing and he’s played outstanding and did so yesterday . They’ve hit on every defensive draft pick . Brian Burns , Jeremy Chinn and Derrick Brown will all be pro bowlers . They essential have two young top 10 pick corners in EJ and Jaycee to build on for the next 5 years . That defense will be Elite in the coming years . I hate hate hate Dallas with a passion but they will definitely be a challenge to Tampa and LA for the NFC . I still think if CMC plays the Panthers pull that one out .

Reactions: caughtlookin
I hate hate hate Dallas with a passion but they will definitely be a challenge to Tampa and LA for the NFC . I still think if CMC plays the Panthers pull that one out .

you mean Dallas will challenge Tampa and LA for 2nd place in the NFC behind Arizona? 12 more games is a long time, but I haven’t seen anybody so far who I think can stay on the field with them.

I think the Panthers and Cowboys are both good teams that can make some noise.

People that are arguing that Mccaffrey being out was the difference, don't forget the Cowboys were missing a lot of players as well on both sides of the ball.

The Cowboys defense at this point seems a lot of smoke and mirrors, bend but don't break, make a play when it counts the most......how long can that last? They have definitely gotten better on that side of the ball and should continue to improve this year and over the next couple years.

Finally, the Cowboys offense is ridiculous. To me it is Top 2 in the league (KC is most dynamic). Look at what they have done. They have pretty much said we want to pass all over you this game and have done it. Then they turn around and say we want to run all over you and have done it. Combine that with missing some starting OL and Gallup, it is impressive. Kellen Moore is going to be a hot commodity after this year.

Reactions: CockFamily6
Panthers not ready for the next level, this might be the year when Dallas puts it all together.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! DALLAS PUTS IT TOGETHER!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Haha
Reactions: caughtlookin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT