ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty certain that the Chad Holbrook experiment has been

hobcawcreekcock

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2000
Mt Pleasant SC
a big disappointment. In his three years the program has shown a steady decline. I can live with losing a SR at Chapel Hill, but losing a Regional at home to Maryland last year should have been a wakeup call that the program was heading south. This season confirms that this is the worst performing baseball team at Carolina in about twenty years..

Glad I don't have season tickets......Did not even watch today, because I had a notion it was going to be ugly. Way past UGLY, getting embarrassing as the season goes along.

Originally posted by hobcawcreekcock:

a big disappointment. In his three years the program has shown a steady decline. I can live with losing a SR at Chapel Hill, but losing a Regional at home to Maryland last year should have been a wakeup call that the program was heading south. This season confirms that this is the worst performing baseball team at Carolina in about twenty years..

Glad I don't have season tickets......Did not even watch today, because I had a notion it was going to be ugly. Way past UGLY, getting embarrassing as the season goes along.
Like I said in another thread on TIF, Holbrook doesn't have a good assistant. Tanner had Holbrook, Lee, and Toman, who were good recruiters/coaches. Who does Holbrook have? You can't convince me that Espo is the guy to build the talent and coach it.

Originally posted by uscbeckham:

Like I said in another thread on TIF, Holbrook doesn't have a good assistant. Tanner had Holbrook, Lee, and Toman, who were good recruiters/coaches. Who does Holbrook have? You can't convince me that Espo is the guy to build the talent and coach it.
Very good observation.

Chad needs to build his own staff. I can see why he kept these coaches, but if wants to keep the job it's time to start over with his guys, not Tanner's.

Its college baseball,...few care.

There are two sports in college.

Football and men's basketball

During football season on Sunday,.. Fans are ready for the following Sat.

During baseball season, most fans could care less who SC plays next weekend

This post was edited on 4/12 3:37 PM by bosoxcock

Dead wrong....baseball has been huge at USC for decades.

Bosox, speak for yourself. Some of us care about Carolina baseball. A few weeks ago you were a huge Holbrook supporter. Now you don't care about college baseball.

Pretty obvious DECLINE we're seeing in the Carolina baseball program. Any arguments?

Originally posted by sclawman77:
Bosox, speak for yourself. Some of us care about Carolina baseball. A few weeks ago you were a huge Holbrook supporter. Now you don't care about college baseball.
you must have me confused about being a huge supporter of Martin, and that I pled guilty to.

As for Holbrook, got no problem with him, the truth is only few thousand or so, care about baseball. Sure all SC fans hope they win, just not a big deal to most if they don't.... now football and to a little lesser degree, men's basketball, that's another story

This post was edited on 4/12 4:09 PM by bosoxcock

outscored 38-10 in the 3 games
eek.r191677.gif

Originally posted by bosoxcock:
you must have me confused about being a huge supporter of Martin, and that I pled guilty to.

As for Holbrook, got no problem with him, the truth is only few thousand or so, care about baseball. Sure all SC fans hope they win, just not a big deal to most if they don't.... now football and to a little lesser degree, men's basketball, that's another story

These conversations are not about Martin which you know they aren't-they're about Holbrook and the state of the baseball program. You've been mocking anyone that says anything negative about Chad or anyone that's frustrated with the decline in the program for months now. No one here is jumping off bridges or losing sleep over it like you like to joke about, but some of us do care. I couldn't care less how popular college baseball is or isn't around the country. That's not what this conversation is about. If you want to live in denial that our baseball program is declining, feel free but no need to try to minimize anyone's opinions here by talking about college baseball from a national perspective. I guess college baseball didn't matter to you when we won straight national titles and almost a third. Maybe you should ignore these threads.

This post was edited on 4/12 4:26 PM by sclawman77

I'm sorta like you, except my 2 bigs are of course football #1 and then baseball. Always been this way for me.

Basketball? I always follow them, but it's just a fill in until the first pitch.

Originally posted by Bigger_Stronger_Faster:

I'm sorta like you, except my 2 bigs are of course football #1 and then baseball. Always been this way for me.

Basketball? I always follow them, but it's just a fill in until the first pitch.
I want baseball to win, of course, was there for the championships, but definitely doesn't ruin my day when they lose.
Basketball is about to be relevant again, football with a new leader in a few years hopes to regain the national stage

Baseball and women's basketball is an after thought..... a small minority doesn't agree

This post was edited on 4/12 6:10 PM by bosoxcock

These conversations are not about Martin which you know they aren't-they're about Holbrook and the state of the baseball program
You've been mocking anyone that says anything negative about Chad or anyone that's frustrated with the decline in the program for months now.

No one here is jumping off bridges or losing sleep over it like you like to joke about, but some of us do care. I couldn't care less how popular college baseball is or isn't around the country. That's not what this conversation is about. If you want to live in denial that our baseball program is declining, feel free but no need to try to minimize anyone's opinions here by talking about college baseball from a national perspective. I guess college baseball didn't matter to you when we won straight national titles and almost a third. Maybe you should ignore these threads.

Again, this is getting tiresome.. you still mistake me for someone else.. but that's ok, .I really could care less if you think Chad needs replacing.
He's not going anywhere.. unless he decided to move.. that sir, is a guarantee

This post was edited on 4/12 6:15 PM by bosoxcock

Originally posted by uscbeckham:

Esposito was a sympathy hire for his father who Tanner had a relationship with at NCSU. He is a terrible teacher on the field and his recruiting has been miserable the last two years.

Myers is burned out and probably still feels he should be a head coach-anywhere.

The entire staff needs to go, but it won't be this year. One year with a losing record won't get you fired, but mediocre performance the year after that will end your contract. Holbrook will have to be in SR next year to keep his job. That monster new stadium was not built and paid for to not play post season baseball at a high level.

No one around here really cares about the Bosox... The only reason we might care is JBJ... But for the most part, College baseball is big around the south and southeast....

Two National Championships, Carolina Stadium, and 8.200 fans disagree with you, AND make your argument about no one caring about USC baseball simply WRONG, bosox.

Baseball at South Carolina has been BIG since we hired Bobby Richardson, that is going on 40 plus years ago. Not sure where you have been, but I don't think Columbia is one of those places...

Two National Championships, Carolina Stadium, and 8.200 fans disagree with you, AND make your argument about no one caring about USC baseball simply WRONG, bosox.

Baseball at South Carolina has been BIG since we hired Bobby Richardson, that is going on 40 plus years ago. Not sure where you have been, but I don't think Columbia is one of those places...
When people post reply's it would be nice if they correctly read the post they were responding to.

There is a difference in what I said ("a small minority of people" , "a few care" , "a few thousand care" ) caring and you quoting that I said no one cared.

Please get it right if you are going to respond to a post... is that to much to ask for

This post was edited on 4/12 7:20 PM by bosoxcock

^
Yep. Bosox, and we already know about your endless love for the Red Sox and Patriots because pro sports have the most national appeal. Just leave us college fans to care about sports that aren't important. Love the arrogance in all your posts.

This post was edited on 4/12 7:23 PM by sclawman77

You know it's bad when batcat ain't going around to all the boards trying to put out all the fires.

I'd argue that baseball replaced basketball as our second favorite sport shortly after we left the acc. Men's basketball was once a top ten program nationally 1969-1974, and then went to crap.

We've certainly had more nationally recognized success in baseball than ANY sport at USC.

Stupid hire! We could have hired any successful head coach. This is on your boy Ray. Was never for Chad to head coach.

These conversations are not about Martin which you know they aren't-they're about Holbrook and the state of the baseball program
You've been mocking anyone that says anything negative about Chad or anyone that's frustrated with the decline in the program for months now.

No one here is jumping off bridges or losing sleep over it like you like to joke about, but some of us do care. I couldn't care less how popular college baseball is or isn't around the country. That's not what this conversation is about. If you want to live in denial that our baseball program is declining, feel free but no need to try to minimize anyone's opinions here by talking about college baseball from a national perspective. I guess college baseball didn't matter to you when we won straight national titles and almost a third. Maybe you should ignore these threads.

Again, this is getting tiresome.. you still mistake me for someone else.. but that's ok, .I really could care less if you think Chad needs replacing.
He's not going anywhere.. unless he decided to move.. that sir, is a guarantee

This post was edited on 4/12 6:15 PM by bosoxcock
i can guarantee you if he keeps losing he will be gone....friend or no friend.....this isnt about friendship.....and tanner in no way has the final say

^
Yep. Bosox, and we already know about your endless love for the Red Sox and Patriots because pro sports have the most national appeal. Just leave us college fans to care about sports that aren't important. Love the arrogance in all your posts.

This post was edited on 4/12 7:23 PM by sclawman77
Man, if you were a batter you'd be stuck out.. third error of the day.. I hate Patriots...now red sox, 3 championships in 12 years, yea, like em

Originally posted by usc1978:
Wrong butthole. Just pull for your bosox and leave us college folks alone.
thanks little man for the advice..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT