ADVERTISEMENT

Probably won't happen but it would be for Dallas Baptist to ...

If Dallas Baptist wins their regional and South Carolina wins the Greenville Regional, which team would host the Super Regional?

Thanks. Was not sure. I was thinking Dallas could host if they beat Arkansas as a result of Arkansas being one of the top eight seeded teams.

If Dallas Baptist wins their regional and South Carolina wins the Greenville Regional, which team would host the Super Regional?

We would. Higher seed hosts, not sure if it was a tie in seeds, but in this case we're a 2 and DB is a 3.

No. If the "national seed" (i.e., a 1-8 seed) loses, then the NCAA awards the hosting to the regional winner who submitted the "best" bid. Seeding, or which regional you were in does not factor. Even if the regional winners were DBU & ECU, it would still be a matter of which school's bid the NCAA would award the super regional.

Having stated that, I would think that USC would have a more attractive bid than DBU (assuming that DBU submitted a bid). I would think that ECU would have a more attractive bid than DBU as well.

Of course, it's all moot since the pigs won their regional.

Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
No. If the "national seed" (i.e., a 1-8 seed) loses, then the NCAA awards the hosting to the regional winner who submitted the "best" bid. Seeding, or which regional you were in does not factor. Even if the regional winners were DBU & ECU, it would still be a matter of which school's bid the NCAA would award the super regional.

Having stated that, I would think that USC would have a more attractive bid than DBU (assuming that DBU submitted a bid). I would think that ECU would have a more attractive bid than DBU as well.

Copy. Danke.

I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification.

Is that the change from last year to this?
In the past if a 2 seed upset a Top 8 and the matched up Regional's 1 seed won their Regional, the higher rated seed hosted (see us hosting OSU in 2016 after they knocked out the top 8 seed Clemsux). Only time it goes to bid is if the winner were the same seed within their respective Regionals. I thought it went up to bid regardless too, but had read the rule wrong.

Reactions: atl-cock
1-8 National seeds are guaranteed if they win. 9-16 get it if the top 8 team they are paired with lose in their regional

This is the first year that they have actually seeded 9-16. Previously it was 1-8 for the National seeds, with 8 at large sites that were matched up geographically. There was not a 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, etc in previous years.

That is where the confusion lies with the more "casual" fan on who gets to host the Super if a National seed is eliminated. Everyone, 1-16, is a National Seed, simply 1-8 are guaranteed the Super if they win once the Regionals are matched accordingly, as above.

Last edited:
Reactions: CockIN73
the winnin' bid is n a sealed mayonnaise jar under funk & wagnalls porch

:D:D:D:D

You're a national treasure COE!

I haven't heard anybody talk about Funk & Wagnalls in a long time. Kind of like Britannica since these laptops and smart phones took over.

This is the first year that they have actually seeded 9-16. Previously it was 1-8 for the National seeds, with 8 at large sites that were matched up geographically. There was not a 1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, etc in previous years.

That is where the confusion lies with the more "casual" fan on who gets to host the Super if a National seed is eliminated. Everyone, 1-16, is a National Seed, simply 1-8 are guaranteed the Super if they win once the Regionals are matched accordingly, as above.

I guess that's the difference between this year and previous ones.

Reactions: USCBatgirl21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT