ADVERTISEMENT

PSU/ TCU go down

Gosh, PSU was up 14 in the blink of an eye. Don't know what happened, I didn't watch the game.

Both lost to ranked teams whereas Clemson lost to a baaaad team. Wonder if that's taken into consideration by the committee?

If they were logical they would. But the committee choosing a 4-team playoff is by far the dumbest thing in sports right now. Right behind the MLB's 1-game wildcard playoff.

If they were logical they would. But the committee choosing a 4-team playoff is by far the dumbest thing in sports right now. Right behind the MLB's 1-game wildcard playoff.
Please explain!!! The computers had it wrong 90% of the time! How is a committee of 13 people that are mostly highly involved with college football like Beamer making the decisions on ranking the dumbest? I need educated!

Please explain!!! The computers had it wrong 90% of the time! How is a committee of 13 people that are mostly highly involved with college football like Beamer making the decisions on ranking the dumbest? I need educated!

The answer is in your question.

Problem 1: It's a 4-team playoff. 4 teams is not a playoff. It's a half-ass attempt to appease the people screaming about computer rankings (which were also stupid).

Problem 2: The 4 teams who make the playoffs are chosen by an arbitrary group of people.

The NCAA is too greedy and too stupid to establish the only system that works. An actual playoff consisting of conference winners and wild cards playing against each other. That's why literally every other sport in the world operates this way. Winner moves on, loser goes home, until there's only one team left.

The NCAA is stupid. Choosing teams using a committee instead of letting teams decide for themselves, regardless of the number of teams in the playoffs, is stupid. There are only 4-teams in the "playoff". Stupid on stupid on stupid.

Dumb! Let me educate you! There are 5 P5 Conferences and now they all have Conference Championships since Big 12 added a playoff game. That is for the most part the 10 best teams playing in Championships at neutral sites. Now once played you have 5 winners. From there you should be able to extract the 4 best teams based on OOC, SOS, Offense ranking and Defense ranking. Why would you add more teams to make it redundant games of the conference championships? The only real clunker is ND if they win out. But I see them needing to join a conference in the next 3-5yrs due to TV contracts

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT