ADVERTISEMENT

QB Comments by Werner.

PabloSC

Oct 12, 2010
It's an interesting few comments. Below are the things that stuck out to me. The comments on Bentley seemed vanilla but understandable. The comments on Joyner make sense and are encouraging that he will get better. The comments on Urich were very surprising to see how athletic he is. Perhaps he should be playing TE. The comments on Hilinski were most encouraging to me (quick release and accurate) are two things we REALLY need in the QB position. My problem with Jake has been his accuracy is hit and miss from game to game.

On Jake Bentley's primary goal this spring...
"We had a list of things,......No. 1, at the top of our list, was protecting the football."
On Dakereon Joyner's progress...
"When he came in, he was swimming just because his offense, what he had run in his career, was so different [than the South Carolina offense], .... He works as hard as anybody. He's in there watching film, studying the playbook and he knows it, and he's had a really good spring."
On what he's seen from Jay Urich…
"...really athletic. He's actually the fastest one of all of them. ...there's been a couple of practices, he's had the fastest one on our team. So, he's really athletic."
On Ryan Hilinski's first spring...
"He's studied really hard.... playbook material, he was begging for it..... He's got a really quick release, made good decisions, and he's really accurate."

Reactions: gamecockblack
It's an interesting few comments. Below are the things that stuck out to me. The comments on Bentley seemed vanilla but understandable. The comments on Joyner make sense and are encouraging that he will get better. The comments on Urich were very surprising to see how athletic he is. Perhaps he should be playing TE. The comments on Hilinski were most encouraging to me (quick release and accurate) are two things we REALLY need in the QB position. My problem with Jake has been his accuracy is hit and miss from game to game.

On Jake Bentley's primary goal this spring...
"We had a list of things,......No. 1, at the top of our list, was protecting the football."
On Dakereon Joyner's progress...
"When he came in, he was swimming just because his offense, what he had run in his career, was so different [than the South Carolina offense], .... He works as hard as anybody. He's in there watching film, studying the playbook and he knows it, and he's had a really good spring."
On what he's seen from Jay Urich…
"...really athletic. He's actually the fastest one of all of them. ...there's been a couple of practices, he's had the fastest one on our team. So, he's really athletic."
On Ryan Hilinski's first spring...
"He's studied really hard.... playbook material, he was begging for it..... He's got a really quick release, made good decisions, and he's really accurate."
We need speed everywhere. Everywhere. They need to move Joyner and Ulrich if they're both that fast.

I'll take "What are things we've not heard about JB for $2,000, Alex".
DeliriousRealisticFruitfly-small.gif

Well, Spurrier had one of those and kicked him off the team. Hopefully, Muschamp realizes he needs to see the field somewhere.
Just like Joyner he's too good an athlete to not play somewhere. If they need to play QB for any reason just put them back there but use the best athletes to win games. Most played both ways in HS anyway I'm not saying make them starters somewhere else but keep them happy with some PT. If I recall Urich ran the anchor leg on his 4X100 team. As for PR we need somebody who can make the first couple guys miss....AFTER CATCHING THE FOOTBALL,

Agree....but I think it would have a lot to do with what the player is willing to do and how long it would take them to be able to adequately play another position....run routes, timing, etc...
It can't be that difficult for a former QB and to be a athletic as he is....I am 57 and could do it in a few months...;)

Reactions: jonesz21
Saw today that “we are not close to naming a #2 quarterback.”

What do we make of this? Are we not close to naming a #2 because we don’t have a #1?
Could be each have their strengths and weaknesses and none have separated themselves.....OR.....they have a good idea who is number 2 but want them all to keep fighting for the spot.

I thought listening to how he described each player, you could get a pretty good idea.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
Could be each have their strengths and weaknesses and none have separated themselves.....OR.....they have a good idea who is number 2 but want them all to keep fighting for the spot.

I thought listening to how he described each player, you could get a pretty good idea.

Yeah... I would agree.

Can’t lie.. I will be pretty disappointed if Hilinski doesn’t come in and assert himself as a clear #2.

I don’t see much in the QB backup role this year with that schedule. Unless an injury and we sure know all about that in every sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT