ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic Kentucky game score prediction

Everyone thought UNC/USC was going to be high scoring... It wasn't...
I'm going to go ahead and say the boys are going to be pumped up being back in Williams Brice.
31 points from the offense, one pick 6.

38-20 USC

I am not sure what realistic is at this stage of the season but my best guesstamation.....34-17.....us of course.

I'm not seeing KU beating USC at home. USC clearly has the more talented team top to bottom. Add in the home field advantage and it shouldn't be that close.

For UK to win: I suspect that UK double team Cooper and rush your QB carefully to keep contain. If that works for them, the game could be close for a while. If the game is still in doubt in the 4th quarter I think the advantage swings to UK. That's best case for UK.

I'd pick USC by 14+... lets say 31-14

Kentucky 38 USC 24
27-17 Kentucky. Our offense will not score over 20 points in many games.

Imagined what posters would pick against us... then I saw the names.... Seriously- why even come on the board if all you want to do is pick apart coaches, our team, and recruiting???But regarding your predictions, tell me what you saw out of Kentucky that makes you think we get beat by two touchdowns at home and then by ten??? I am sure the rest of the board would love to know as well...

USC - 31
Kentucky-24

I think our offense gets in the end zone 3 times, plus two field goals, for a total of 27 points. Our bend but don't break defense breaks a few times, and gives up 3 TD's. Final score SC 27 - UK 21.

Connor makes his second start at QB and we look for revenge for last year's stunning loss in Lexington. This sounds exactly like 2011. We won that game 54-3. I think we have a good team, but this year's Kentucky team is not nearly as bad as that 2011 team. My heart says we smoke them 38-16, but my head says we are not quite there yet on offense. Gamecocks win 28-20....offense makes some improvement and defense stays solid.

The first game jitters on a neutral field are gone. I expect a much better team to show up Saturday and the jitters to set in on a first road game for a Kentucky team that doesn't play well on the road.

Reactions: CockPete
We will run for 4 yards at around mid field in the 3rd quarter for a 1 down.

27 - 16 Gamecocks win. Defense forces 3 fieldgoals and we score 6 on special teams or defensively. Bend but don't break.

SC - 24
KY - 17

...I see a similar game as last week's brewing with maybe some slightly improved QB play

UK 27
SC 24

UK 45 yard FG on the last play of the game.

I think it will be close like this, especially with SOS still tweeking our offense, but don't see Kentucky beating us at home.

Reverse the score.

I look for Spurrier to exploit our soft LB play in the middle of the field and with WR crossing routes. Playing on the road with freshman LB will be tough. If our QB shows up we could keep it close .... I'll say 31-28 SC

Obviously I have no clue how many games UK will win this year but they do have some athletes on this team for sure. I think the next two years will be better for them but this year is a huge ? I say we take them 31-21

Honestly, both of us have a lot to work on. Our run D, definitely needs to improve and both of our offenses need a little improvement as well. Cooper is no doubt the best player on the field, but I do think that our offense as a whole is more talented across the board. We are rightfully an underdog, but I do like our chances, if Towles can improve his accuracy this week. It's hard to say if last week was first game jitters or what. I do think we all will see improvement. Our O line is pretty solid, and our wide receivers are plenty capable of getting past the secondary. If Towles can hit them in stride more often, I think The Cats can score on most teams. The biggest question is can we stop teams?

If it's a shootout, I think that you all have the advantage because our D will be tired and your D seems to be better at the moment. However, if our D shores itself up,Towles, hits his receivers, and Boom Williams does what he does, I give us the advantage. Like I said, the spread is likely somewhere in the ball park but as a Cat fan, I can't pick against us just yet. I say we sustain some drives allowing our D to get more rest, and our run D will be better because despite him playing for Lafayette, Elijah McGuire is one of the better backs in America. It doesn't hurt that we get a DT and starting MLB back.

Great game but I'm going UK 34 SC 28

If UK can put a spy on Cooper that halfway can contain him, they have a chance. I don't think there is a huge difference in personnel outside of Cooper, he's easily the best player on the field. USC has a better defense but I think UK has a better qb and also has more weapons at receiver. They don't have a Cooper, but Badet and Johnson can take the top off a defense, Baker is a physical mismatch for most corners and Blake Bone at 6'5 is a dangerous red zone threat.

Kentucky 38 USC 24
d0358e334fedf21401128f5328104112.500x291x1.jpg

Reactions: Tigerof66
Imagined what posters would pick against us... then I saw the names.... Seriously- why even come on the board if all you want to do is pick apart coaches, our team, and recruiting???But regarding your predictions, tell me what you saw out of Kentucky that makes you think we get beat by two touchdowns at home and then by ten??? I am sure the rest of the board would love to know as well...

USC - 31
Kentucky-24
I don't get it, either. Why so negative? I might not have a good feeling about a game, but I'm always optimistic and hopeful. That's part of being a fan. Anything can happen, that's why they play! I would never post a prediction where Carolina would lose, I'd just bow out of that prediction. Otherwise, why pull for The Gamecocks? So when they lose you could say, "I told you so"? Sad life as a fan.

34-24 CAROLINA!!!!!!!!

Go Cocks!!!!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT