ADVERTISEMENT

Reality

cocktal

Dec 13, 2014
We lost, not only did we lose, but we lost ugly. The play of our offensive line was
as bad as I've ever seen ( I'm 72 years old and have been going to USC games
since Warren Giese was the coach.) The play calling was terrible..i.e., why keep
throwing 30-40 yard passes when we know our line can't hold a block for 2 seconds ?
If Shawn Elloitt (sp) is a line coach, I'm a brain surgeon and would like to operate
on him Monday morning. How many times in this game did you see our backs being
tackled behind the line of scrimmage and our big stupid linemen standing there
with their hands on their hips and looking totally lost ?
John Hoke's plan to give the offense the slant pass and the short side line pass is
brilliant- at least for the other teams offense. They gladly take a 5-7 yard gain, over,
over, and over, etc.... When the other team is killing you with the same play over and
over again, you make adjustments, that is, you make adjustments if you are a
good coach. Remember Kentucky last year ?
I survived the winless season under Holtz, and I'll survive this 4 win season under
Spurrier, but I'll say one thing, I DO NOT LIKE IT !
If Spurrier doesn't come out tomorrow and kick azz with his inept coaching staff, if
he does not threaten jobs, if he does not promise to commit to revamp recruiting,
if he does not start taking scholarships from those who are not 100% committed,
then Ray Tanner should run his azz back to Florida !

We lost, not only did we lose, but we lost ugly. The play of our offensive line was
as bad as I've ever seen ( I'm 72 years old and have been going to USC games
since Warren Giese was the coach.) The play calling was terrible..i.e., why keep
throwing 30-40 yard passes when we know our line can't hold a block for 2 seconds ?
If Shawn Elloitt (sp) is a line coach, I'm a brain surgeon and would like to operate
on him Monday morning. How many times in this game did you see our backs being
tackled behind the line of scrimmage and our big stupid linemen standing there
with their hands on their hips and looking totally lost ?
John Hoke's plan to give the offense the slant pass and the short side line pass is
brilliant- at least for the other teams offense. They gladly take a 5-7 yard gain, over,
over, and over, etc.... When the other team is killing you with the same play over and
over again, you make adjustments, that is, you make adjustments if you are a
good coach. Remember Kentucky last year ?
I survived the winless season under Holtz, and I'll survive this 4 win season under
Spurrier, but I'll say one thing, I DO NOT LIKE IT !
If Spurrier doesn't come out tomorrow and kick azz with his inept coaching staff, if
he does not threaten jobs, if he does not promise to commit to revamp recruiting,
if he does not start taking scholarships from those who are not 100% committed,
then Ray Tanner should run his azz back to Florida !
Excellent post. You simply laid it all out. You have expressed the sentiments of most Gamecock fans. We know everything can't be fixed overnight, but this standard of play cannot be tolerated. Fans want to see some sort of effort to move in the right direction. Is it too demanding for us to expect us to see some improvement week to week?

Spurrier is younger than you but just does not have the fire that you do so nothing will get done just as nothing was really done at the end of last yr's season.

It is sinful what they charge for tickets and then pay a part time head coach $4,000,000.00 a year.

Problem is, we have a head coach that brags about not working hard and an AD that brags about having the lowest recruiting budget in the SEC.

What could go wrong with this scenario?

Lmao. Only at Carolina.

I watched this team in their first open practice. It was a bad team then and its a bad team now. I just get the feeling no one outside this team really cares.

We had the middle of the field open all game long. Adams had a mismatch of having a LB on him or a safety and we hardly exploited it.

Add to that, we never saw a screen pass until the end of the game. The OL sucked and this was the only was to offset their pass rush.

If the common fan sitting on his beer drinking ass can see this, why can't our coaches?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT