ADVERTISEMENT

Richardson selling the Panthers?

I have no problem with them being in North Carolina. Mike McGee played hardball with them when negotiating for the first years stadium rights and they snubbed us to go to Clemson. Bottom line.

Originally posted by the-iceman:
I have no problem with them being in North Carolina. Mike McGee played hardball with them when negotiating for the first years stadium rights and they snubbed us to go to Clemson. Bottom line.
Brutal logic. McGee plays hardball by presenting a terrible deal and somehow the Panthers snubbed us?

I don't really care what they do. I am not a die hard Panther fan. I tend to pull for former Gamecocks,wherever they are playing.

Originally posted by rhodester:

They'll be moving out to LA in a couple more years.
You do know that the ownership group owns the stadium, they will not move as long as Richardson is alive for sure. BTW the Rams will move back to LA, and the Jags will move to St. Louis within 5 years. I really do not understand why the NFL ever placed a team in Jacksonville. If they wanted another team in Florida, it should have been Orlando and I doubt they could support a team.

Why would anyone think the Panthers are miving? They are top 10 in the NFL in attendance. They are in a growing market in population

You don't have to like the Panthers, but if you think they are moving then you are wrong.

You are also wring if you don't think the Panthers don't impact our state economically in a positive way

CJ....Hit me up come next season. I got 2 clubs with your name on em,.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

You're nuts if you really think that there was little difference between Charlotte and Columbia in the mid 80's.. LMAO!

It was not as big of a difference as you may think. That said, Columbia has and will always suffer from a lack of civic leadership.

I'm 42. In my early years we didn't have a team. In the Columbia market, even though Atlanta was 200 miles from us, you generally got the Redskins game and the Niners for the late game on CBS. NBC you usually got Miami for the 1st game and Denver for the late one.

I started pulling for the Packers when Sterling was drafted and followed ever since. I'm even and "owner" with my framed stock certificate.

I don't generally have a problem with the Panthers. Although it is fun to pile on when some Panther fan gets butt hurt on here because the team isn't supported more.

Jerry Richardson is an outstanding businessman and gentleman from what I know of him. Took his 1st playoff bonus check from the Colts and bought his 1st Hardees franchise. Tons of stories how hands on he was in the Hardees and later with Bradshaw and Quincy's.

His sons were "squabbling" in the front office a while back and he pink slipped them both if memory serves. So I would doubt the family would carry on ownership after his passing.

The linked article is kind of funny to me. You know why folks buy or start businesses? So they can sell them one day for a lot more than they bought or built them for. If Jerry's getting ready to sell it, then I hope he makes a ton of bank off it.

BOA stadium is my favorite stadium to watch a game and I have been to a few.Don't hate em,actually trying to like them now that I live around a bunch of Dawg/Falcon fans.

The thing that I do not get is those that moan about wanting the stadium to be at Carowinds on the SC/NC border. That location is in the middle of nowhere. No character. No bars and restaurants outside of the typical chains. Nothing but an amusement park. So they buit the stadium about six miles away and somehow that makes a difference to some.

Originally posted by yo tony:
I'm a packers ran simply because of Robert brooks and sterling sharpe. Got no problem with the panthers but they weren't around when I got into football
The Panthers have had more Gamecocks play for them than the Packers.

From what I recall, Sharpe has somewhat of a frosty relationship with them.

Originally posted by AtlasShrugged:
The thing that I do not get is those that moan about wanting the stadium to be at Carowinds on the SC/NC border. That location is in the middle of nowhere. No character. No bars and restaurants outside of the typical chains. Nothing but an amusement park. So they buit the stadium about six miles away and somehow that makes a difference to some.
To further illustrate the point -- Charlotte's professional baseball team was floundering in Fort Mill with dismal attendance until it moved to it's new park in uptown. Attendance is now record breaking.

It's not much of a debate. Go see a game in a vibrant city or a suburb? No offense to Fort Mill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT